P2W in saga, not a suprise

this can be Funcom fault

but this is totally players fault, this depend to players, funcom cannot take the players and force them to make open pvp 12 vs 12.
I would love see more organized PvP too, if i have to do mini all day i can stay on crom, i was here for open pvp!

1 Like

I rolled a DT just for this server because I never played the class before. Well I will sum the current PVP environement in one word : ridiculous.

I won’t be paying for P2W gear, thanks.

I kinda lost interest in the game since 2009 but I was planning to resub (as I did for Saga of Zath) just to have some good and balanced lowbie and fresh PVP. You (Funcom) will understand why I won’t.

The weekly cap could have been an interesting idea, though.

1 Like

Funcom should shut the Saga server down and refund points for anything bought off the shop. Then take the proper time to make sure everything is set up properly (including no power items from item shop) and re-release this server.

3 Likes

I would agree and give everyone the starter pack for free after we re-roll.

and dogs should stop licking their balls! Will never happen; shop was only think about funcom worked for this saga!

Everyone wants to know if you are going to continue with these packs people can buy, because as you have seen, a lot of people are upset about this system that is in place. So can we get an official response on what you are going to do?

Make it clear.
Yes or No. No need to read essays from devs.

2 Likes

I can bet it will continue.
It’s f2p. I’m not seeing how they can justify running sagas at all otherwise. Selling cosmetics here and there won’t cut it.
Do I like it? Hell no. But I can understand the reasoning.

Mod edit: Please don’t make unsubstantiated and misleading comments/guesses.

Given that reasoning, subscribed players should get the armor for free.

Not for free, by playing events. For example, kill 50 players to get a rare weapon. Win solo arena to win a chest etc

3 Likes

In that case people would complain that it’s pay to win as well.

Of course. And I wouldn’t disagree.

What is the solution to financially sustain the project then?

To get rid of cheaters and afk trolls (and EU server again wouldn’t hurt).

2 Likes

:point_up_2: This!

It is weekend, guys. They are with their families.

Lets wait for tomorrow, we can get at least this topic merged :smiley:

Either go for the complete p2w method and at least give your subs the equipment and allow them to completely crush the f2ps until they leave, and accept the “P2W” screeching that will come, or say that it was a mistake, refund the package and reset the server.

Whatever they do, it’s too late for this specific server. Unless the lvl 30 quest gear is actually better than this 20 full of pvp stats. And they don’t give you another package.

This is a question directed to FC. While also subject to discuss.

I dont understand why you(FC) push people away like you do with this p2w stuff. It makes the game less enjoyable. Which in turn make less people play.

I would think that if you could keep the shop to vanity cosmetics only you would still earn money because more players would be there to play the game. That would be more potential customers. And whats more you wouldnt ruin your name more and more woth each stupid decicion you make.

I dont touch your Conan Exiles. Because FC made it. Just as I dont touch any titles from EA. My issue with AOC is that the core of the game is sooo damn good, that no matter how much crap FC manages to do it still is slightly fun. How fun would it be if FC belived in their games long-term and created a lasting and growing community.

If you dont take my word for it. Just have a look at some of the games that earn real money. LoL, WOW PUBG etc. Imagine how thoes games would have been if it were pay to win. Guess what, just like AOC.

Who ever wants to hold stocks in FC must ne a crazy speculant. I cant find a single reason to invest and i’ve really tried to find one…

14 Likes

Finaly we got attention - our posts are being removed while no official answer is given to us.

I am so sad to see this behaviour here - 9 years with Age of Conan, subscribed for more than half and after our beloved game switched to maintanance mode we are supposed to stay calm and silent?

Guess we will have to move to reddit or another medium where we can speak freely.

To make it clear: I want to play your game, pay the subs but you are telling me to do otherwise…

4 Likes

Next bracket is on Thursday?