P2W in saga, not a suprise

Should be as they said it will be on weekly basis and the start was 27/9/18.

Thanks. I am really curious if our complaints have yielded something…

I don’t think the armor, or how it’s available is going to change.

Probably not much to do about the ring, they could make it lvl 80 but that won’t unequip it from anyone who has it equipped (gms logging account to unequip it isn’t practical) so that wouldn’t fix it. They could, however, remove the stats from it and add them back when the cap moves to lvl 80.

1 Like

Not practical either I guess as this will impact people on crom and fury too.

1 Like

as @Deukalion said, it would impact on Crom and Fury, too much QQ (justified, in this case)

a big laugh i guess!

But there’s barely any PvP on Crom anymore. Who would care? Besides, it’s already OP to have double PvP xp, and on top of that you want OP stats? I think it would be a good solution.

Not really, no one is playing on Fury, they’re all on saga and crom can barely pop a mini.

It is currently not a good idea to start on this server unless you are willing to throw out some cash.

If they don’t add anymore gear sets for the next cap raises, it won’t be so horrible. However, it will still have been a terrible move to have added a starter pack like that without any communication. Since it scared so many people away from the server, and it did also kill a lot of the actual experience for newcomers. Yet, if there is nothing else added I might continue to play.

Still, it is quit agitating that we have still yet to get an official response to this thread.

FC is a company that has to make money, they are not there working for free for us to have fun. Stop moaning, if you do not like it you can still buy a premade level 80 with pvp gears.

I think noone denys that FC should make money with the game, but they definateley lost a big part of the potential new PvP player base by adding the shop armor from the start. It would have been much smarter to start without it in the first week, and to add it later on when people get hooked. Ironically they could have achived exactly that by keeping the level 20 cap on the armor.

2 Likes

You dont get the idea of Saga server, do you? :slight_smile:

Anyway, tomorrow is the day when it will be decided.

There are two possible scenarios:

1. They say “Sorry, it wasnt intended.” and revert it back so we can all start again after the itemshop purge.
  2. They say “HA-HA” with Nelson Muntz voice and throw more power items in the shop.
1 Like

Or then they skip next brackets gear to make us happy for a moment and introduce next set once we are level 50… Which I think is going to happen.

Well no sh*t, but you do realize that there are better ways to make money than push people away from the game and give bad name for their company?

Last time I checked people pay subs, they could add SOCIAL stuff, vanity, bags, mounts, crap like this.
Forcing people to buy gear for PVP just to be able to compete is just retarded and extremely bad marketing.

“you don’t need to buy it” yea you right we don’t. but if we don’t we are not able to compete. “u can do quests for gear” dosen’t matter, blue questing / boss gear does not help as that gear sucks compared to the item shop BS. Lets not forget the level 80 legendary rings you can wear at level 1…

PVP is competive thing where everyone should stand on equal ground and skill is what should matter, not who throws most cash from their wallets, its people like you who willingly take everything up in brown hole and white knight, crap that should be taken away

5 Likes

What do you mean “start again”? By NOOO ! means i want to do the lowest level up to 18 again. It felt boring soon having close to zero options and doing it once more it would quit instead. Deciding on options for the next bracket is fine though. But repeat anything is wasting time for me. Actually i dont feel pvp is too competitive before endgame so 7 weeks already feel like a stretch now…

Just do not implement fking p2w crap in next brackets. We pay for subs in f2p game and yet we are forced to pay for store items in order to have fun playing in long awaited pvp saga which is retarded atm.

One more viable option is to make the ring available as direct buy from item shop, for a low price. The ring could be nerfed by removing the aa and xp bonus to justify the low price compared to the lootbox ring. This would set all players on equal foot again.

(I am against p2w items, but in this case I think it’s the only way to "repair " the damage done, and it will give funcom some more money too)

I do not even have that ring, I have never bought a random box, I got the starter pack with the fp I already had and a lot of vanity in the past, in principle I buy only what is guaranteed, I am against the random.
You do not have to convince me, for me they could also delete that ring today forever, but I’m sure that all those who already have that ring will protest with great vehemence, if that ring is nerfed!

Look, the real PtW games, make so much money that games like AoC cannot stand the concurrence. If this was really a PtW game the beginner pack would cost at the least 200 euros.

I do agree that it was not a great idea to put a beginner pack, but considerating that most players were joining it from the first day it made money.

Me too i wanted to play it with green and some blue items, but that’s how games work.

I’m not giving my opinion, just talking by experience, this game is quite fair in prices compared to the most games out there. The beginner pack did upset me too, but well, that’s how it works in almost every game you want to play.

Question is one other. Green rags or one gear blue same for everyone is question of tastes. I prefer everyone with same gear so PvP is skill only without need of grinding (i am too old in AoC and tired, for grind 6 days, hope in good luck, do pvp 1 only day and start again for next step).
What is offensive is treat players who have never paid the same way as payers Premium.
For what i just payed 82€ of year subscription if i have to pay full price gears as a common f2p? I think i deserve at least one discount as every premium, if not for Free.
Game you are talking about are crap but totally free like mobile games.

1 Like

It could put players on equal footing, but there’s a big issue this wouldn’t solve: Players don’t really have the DPS to compete with that ring, doesn’t really fix the problem if all players are wearing it because the defense is so skewed.