P2W in saga, not a suprise

And additionally, how many years you need to fix the minigame bug? It’s getting boring to quit the game after every mini on Crom, dunno if its happening on Saga of CreditCard too

It is happening in Saga too.

I can deal with gankfests, my friend, i play Vanilla WoW on Northdale. Believe me when i say, i can deal with gankfests.

What i CAN’T deal is with credit card power. I’m all for getting my ■■■ kicked against rangers and necros, they’re bad enough. But you add money to the equation and the entire catch of the game goes awry.

People who would go lenghts to twink their toons, hell i wanted to twink a DT and see where it would get me, now that won’t happen, because P2W exists. And it’s not even a catchup mechanic that gives you paid gear while you don’t get better ones. It’s literally the top notch gear you CANNOT GET ANYWHERE ELSE.

Like, is self-respect a commodity? Are we really allowing this company to screw the entire concept of this server and why we actually got hyped in the first place? Because i’m sure most of you people wanted other people to play with, and sometimes to pvp in lowbie areas, feeling the liveness of these said areas.

Instead, we got…this.

Again: I can deal with class imbalance ( altho they do tend to balance stuff badly, ranger as proof ), and with ganks. I should NOT deal with top tier gear being sold on the cash shop in a server which the entire idea was to start from humble beginnings and shred your way to glory.

This isn’t even Conan anymore, it’s more like a aquilonian shopping mall and the swipers can buy epic suits to better control the masses.

Conan freed himself from the very abyss of barbarism, yet we can’t even free ourselves from lvl 14 oneshot assassins.

6 Likes

+1, I thought this was about gearing up fresh toons with the tortage trash and maybe a blue here and there, but p2w… When my sub runs out, It’s a cancel (that’s 82€ not coming your greedy way, FC). If you really want to have some gear equality at lvl 18, then give it as claim instead of this microtransaction crap. I remember when people were upset with activision for wanting a patent on their “put non paying player vs player with bought gear and expect the non paying player to start dishing out gear, as well”. This is the same garbage business, lol. Not even mentioning Battlefront 2 sh*tfest (at least there you could grind the gear, here you can’t even obtain it ;)).
Taking into account that a lot of this treasure chest gear isn’t bound, can be traded for gold, which again can be sold for real money, isn’t this reminiscent of what the gaming industry is facing lately? I.E. gambling?

1 Like

:grin:

Good post, and I concede! I agree 100%.

1 Like

I asked a PoM if we could test some spells to see how big the difference is (we both were level 18):

Die Kombination “Abwehr (Stufe 1)” von [player name] fügt Euch 364 Punkte Heilig-Schaden zu.
Translated: Enemy PoM used Repulse and hit me for almost 370 holy damage.

Meanwhile my Repulse spell:
Euer Zauber “Abwehr (Stufe 1)” trifft [player name] und verursacht 176 Schaden durch Heilig.
Translated: I use Repulse and hit the enemy PoM and only deal 176 holy damage.

Now you also need to add that he got roughly 2 times the health pool I have (Me at 1070) as well as better protection against magic damage due to the necklace.

Given that this was a test I would have been pretty much dead after getting knocked back when being ambushed in a real situation. There is no way I could fight back against this.

Funcom proves it again… They are masters!.. Masters at having great ideas!.. And then even greater masters at ruining them and their reputation with it.

Wonder how many more bullets these bully companies can take before people have had enough…

I’m sure that the level cap will bore a good amount of people, especially those who casually try pvp. I would say that I’m one of those people and I bought the starter pack in order to be competitive. I think it’s okay for a one time thing. However if every cap increase requires new cash shop gear I believe the population will decrease rapidly and only those who play the game for pvp as well as don’t mind a weekly pay wall will remain.

But that’s always been the problem with Funcom and free to play. The shop items remain ridiculously overpriced, pay to win is available. Funcom doesn’t think long-term, that’s why they won’t be a competitor on the games market.

People nowadays want everything for free. What they forget is that free, does not exist. Everything costs something. This is the whole reason why quality games as aoc used to be (subscription model) aren’t made anymore. Everything is " free" with semi mandatory microtransactions system.

Well… everything costs money, also entertainment. If you’r too cheap to spend even 5 euro on a game, then I dont think any company would mind if you’d go play something else . In the end the money must be earned. In other words. Qq from ppl who dont pay is worth 0

1 Like

Except that aoc does have a sub model ffs. And right now having a sub is completely worthless. “Give us sub money because we need the charity, and buy the gear in the shop to play on the server regardless”, subscribers should get each level pack as a claim.

9 Likes

Oh, I think most people understand that Funcom needs to make money.
That is not what the complaints are about. The complaints are about how they are trying to make money.
In this case by selling gear that gives those who buy it a huge advantage over those who did not buy it.
For PvE this would not have been a big problem - everyone can get good enough gear through other means anyway. For PvP it matters greatly - especially with this kind of Saga server where part of the point is that everyone starts from scratch.
This ruins the fun for everyone - making people less willing to play the game at all, let alone spend their money on it.

It is well know that in nearly all f2p games the majority of players spend little or no money, while a few players (“whales”) spend a lot of money.
If some purchases are made mandatory for all practical purposes, then you might as well make it a subscription-based game or a buy2play game - because that is what it is then.

Many of the people complaining have already spent lots of money on AoC, it is not just a matter of them being cheap.

They should either remove p2w items from the store, let us have these items for free, or shut down Saga server because this thing is not fun to play at all

How about:

Remove these items from higher level. (Cus you cant take away what some allready paid for.)

Set a sub requirement to play on the saga server. Yes, this would make you(Funcom) more money and players would be happy!

Players dont really care about the money, players care aboit the game they pay for actually being fun!

Yeah ,true ,been subbed for 10 years with 2 small breaks ,not wanting to actually pay weekly for gear that could be earned makes me cheap !Good logic there .

No wonder guild wars 2 shop selling mostly cosmetics and convenience items rocks and the game is actually populated while aoc is in an undead zombie state and the shop sucks

GW2 is populated because ArenaNet is not as greedy as Funcom is. Their whole game is F2P, only expansions need to be bought once. They continuously add something new to the game that is totally for free, from the store we can buy only things which do not affect the game in pve or pvp. And why gw2 is so successful without all this p2w crap? Because they GIVE their players new opportunities to keep playing the game, and Funcom care all about your money. I am really amazed how they manage to destroy their games once released. Even Conan Exiles becomes less and less populated, guess why :thinking:

Guild Wars 2 USED to be buy to play. As in buy it, play it. They just RECENTLY went fully f2p with the option of spending money for cosmetics and expansions.

Sounds just as greedy to me as Funcom used to be with AoC and TSW (before its horrible relaunch)

You only had to buy the game, not the game time every month. In GW2 f2p players have 5 character slots, all chats available etc. In AoC how many chars you can play when you begin to play? 1,2? And of course global chat is not allowed for them :slight_smile:

In the case of guildwars …b2p for actual new content ? Wow !Such greed!As greedy as no new content for years and still sub /power gear in shop ? Hmm…

I would glady pay a subscription during this event.

but as I’m a here to discover Pvp and I really suck at it, there’s no way to have fun is there’s a gear difference so big it’s like god mode (unless you’re a really good player).

I am playing pvp since 2009,i am really good at it. There is no way to beat those players with p2w items no matter how hard you try