Issue fixed. Read for info. Frozen/Banned>FreeAccount>Finally marked Paid

I’m having the exact same issue.
My bank account ended up being charged TWICE yesterday due to the account frozen issue, you’d think I’d have twice the activation status :thinking:

Is everyone having this issue or just a handful of us?

Same issue . I paid then they freeze my account. So I pay again and it therefore charged me twice. Then I get access. I play all day now they downgraded my account to free to play. This is beyond stupid. What is wrong with you Funcom can you not get your act together. This is very annoying .

This is sad af. It’s also an old game with dead forums and no service. I have emailed them. Tried to call them (disconnected), tried to call Norway, tried to call Switzerland. Nothing.

What really ■■■■■■ me off to no end is that i have paid and their own website says i paid. Account frozen and it says i haven’t paid on log-in screen, or sometimes it says no access to this dimension.

How could they not have resolved this 15 years ago? I have found numerous threads about this exact issue dating back to 2001…

Seriously??

Same. Logged out once and now I’m locked out. I’ve been charged twice and have two “Approved” payments. Earlier tonight it said my account was frozen, but now it’s just listing me as a free player. Progress maybe?

Are we going to get any help with this today?

They are located over in Europe, it is very early in the morning there. Hopefully someone will wake up soon and go to the office (assuming they work Fridays).

I certainly hope you aren’t referring to Oslo. As its 3am there…

Ah, you are correct, I was thinking they were further east

So you were referring to Oslo…

al;kdsjfp[ 8ajhepw98ujapsoidfjapoweijhfapowi34eafjpowdcmipoidvfrustratedaf

What’s going to be very frustrating is when they come along with their generic forum lock response

" The Support Team can not help with any account or billing issues over the forums.

The only right way for this kind of issues is the E-mail Ticket System "

And we still get no official statement, apology, or reply from customer support.

( originally a reply to I am going to do charge backs if i dont get help SOON )

This.

When I heard they opened the fresh RK server, my friend and I decided to come back to the game and give it a try. Wary of FC’s awful system, I was worried when I had to change my payment method, but it went fine (or so I thought). It was approved within minutes, but the account was still frozen. Servers were down at the time anyway, so I decided to check again later.

Lo and behold, even though my first payment went through, they decided to try and charge my debit card again, and that failed (well, of course - I didn’t transfer enough for 2 x 1 month sub). Account is frozen now, and I’m awaiting a response from support. Ah, so 2001.

Funcom, don’t lock this thread and don’t even try to ask us for patience. This is a systematic problem, and you had 18 years to fix it. We’re kind of running low on patience here. What could’ve been a great way to bring players back has turned into a disaster for many of us.

2 Likes

Well I did get access to the discord and there is a post there that they have a large number of tickets and they are working through them. Removed my posts, no point adding to the fire.

Oh, good to know that. I thought they had no tickets in queue and - even if they did - they weren’t working on them. I guess it’ll be resolved by the time RK2020 arrives. Thanks!

1 Like

I HAVE AN UPDATE!!!

it now shows me as paid and not frozen or banned but im marked “free” and i cant log into the new server. I have already paid, several times.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? IF YOU TELL ME TO FILE ANOTHER TICKET I JUMP OFF ROOF

1 Like

If your account is marked Frozen/Banned - check it again now. Mine updated.

If you account is now marked “paid” but your still marked “free account” - (which means you cannot log into the new server) then you need to create a character on the old server. Log in. Log out. Now check your account and it should say membership or something and then you can make a new character on the new server.

1 Like

Tried it and it still did not work for me

Only they can launch something and not be prepared for it not a bit. They are just incredible like that. Brings back memories. Not the good kind. I’ve also paid yesterday but i was never able to login, account remained frozen ^^.

Just got home from the movies. Account page says “Paid” now and I can log in to the new server. Hopefully they will resolve the other issues soon. I’m glad they responded to the concerns on discord, however the addition of a new line of communication does not mean they should have been negating the forums :zipper_mouth_face:. Thank you fellow community members that have taken it upon themselves to assist in customer support communications :+1:

How can we acces that discord chanell , i would like to let them know about my issue too. ?

The forums, just like Discord, are not a way for you to have your billing issues resolved directly nor a way to circumvent the queue. We answer all tickets in the order received and we’re working to get through every request as quickly as possible!

If you want to join chat, here’s the link: https://discord.gg/anarchyonline

But again, just note that we can’t resolve billing issues in chat. You’ll need to submit an email ticket at https://www.funcom.com/help for that.

Thanks all!