Passive health regen is extremely passive

@Shadoza this statement resonates with what is becoming an ever increasing occurance for myself, and Im sure many others in our situation. Thankyou and well put sir.

1 Like

They were obviously trying to make it not a necessity. Or, make other perks more relevant, by making passive regen less useful.

Issue is this. People value their heals very much, and will use them for QoL even when they are minimally useful. Nerf this into the dirt, and people will still use it. They will just be unhappy about it now.

After the change I considered giving up vitality, but the other perks just nowhere near strong enough to give up both HP, and regen.

As stated above. Regen is critical for lower lvl solo players who are kiting big mobs and struggling to get that next trophy.

Black keep for example. Boss room. You and your flawless steel weapon pick off two adds, then go to work on the boss. But each time you take damage, it takes A. 3:30 to heal, or B. 7:00 to heal. You are conserving what little meat remains, because the fight to get here was a hard one. 50 lobsters, and all of your bandages are gone. Your down to stacks of honey, or left over chest loot for food. (Rhino Head Soup).

After 20-30 minutes, boss is nearly dead (and you too) when the trash mobs respawn for the A. First time, or B. Second time. Really complicating things for you.

All the while you lose max HP to corruption damage, each mistake more dangerous than the last.

If you ■■■■ up now, you lose it all. A. 1 chance to ■■■■ up, vs B. 2 chance to ■■■■ up.

Passive heal shouldn’t take SO long. It affects a lot in the game.

5 Likes

Oh so because i wrote threads that i had bugs in pve-conflict means that i am playing only in this mode? Very smart deduction :slight_smile:

Exacly? I don’t see how it is relevant to point something obvious again?

It never bothered me, i just pointed out why they did this change in my original comment.

As you can see here :slight_smile:

Wrong, you can test it right now you need to wait around 10sec.

No. Let’s say you just have the third perk, you have then 440hp. Aloe extract will restore 145 hp in 10sec, a piece of food like roasted haunch will restore 80hp in 10sec, herbal tea 120hp in 10 sec. The fierce vitality perk? 5hp. It’s insignificant and you need to be out of combat for it to work (10secondes after taking a hit :slight_smile: ) .

No.

Actually yes, since i am not using any mods that changes how heals works on a player.

Even without the life blood spear i still heal myself in 3secondes, or around this time. But it’s a great asset. I don’t see how you’re forced to adopt the spear style? I just use it to heal myself, not to attack ennemies?

No?

What you say doesn’t matter on that part sorry. And they can disagree with me, it’s more than okay since we’re here to discuss/resolve an issue :slight_smile:

Edit: Read GodisGood comment. It sums up what i said and it is pretty accurate.

I have 40 str 40 Vit, and have noticed no difference. I watch it climb after an engagement

I agree. If you are dependent on regen only for health during a fight, then you are going to get owned (PVP that is). Why, because of the stop healing on damage debuff. The regen should be back to what it was at the very least. This way, if you retreat correctly from NPC’s (which is not too hard) you can regen accordingly and decide to leave the fight. PVP, retreating is an option, but a player is way better at chasing than NPC’s, so only way to really heal there to continue fighting/escaping is the consumables.

Agree, i play mostly solo, or singleplayer, so like you, i want not have to “stand on the rock” for hours, and heals are weight. Look at the aloe-potion how much they weight.
Food the same way, so the passive-heal is mostly fine.

Also i play often archer, with light armour, and not to much points in encumbrance, and one more, here to the passive heal was still important to me.

All the fine mats about food, time, and heals may be clever and fine, but in end, we just want know if really intended or not, so we can chose how to build up our char, and play with this.

If a bug, and not intended, it needs correction.
If intended, yes, then it’s open a full discussion.

2 Likes

No, you’re still thinking too small scale. You don’t stop and wait for the passive regen to fill up your bar every time. You let it supplement the healing from your items and work while you’re running from place to place. Over time across many different fights the healing from the regen adds up. You’re eating one less lobster here, drinking one less potion there, and by the end of your session you find you’ve gone home with several more healing items than you did before you had the perk.

That’s all I’m getting at really. You shouldn’t get the perk expecting it to turn you into Wolverine or something. Get it so you stop bleeding. (Figuratively speaking. I’m not referring to the bleeding debuff.)

2 Likes

Agree, and then i learned aloe-soup since a while, and and
 but yes, the game isn’t all about rush to end-level. And helping the long the way to players, gives them also more fun to replay it again.

1 Like

All I know is after the recent patch regen was extremely nerfed. Sucks too, my clan members just unlocked it after the nerf.

Although the regen was nerfed it still helps a lot, no need to worry about sandstorms or extreme cold too much.

All in all regen is very helpful but could’ve done way more if it wasn’t nerfed.

4 Likes

I have been at lvl 60 since June last year. In that time I’ve tried out almost every possible combination of builds augmented by armor. Every one has their own play style. What works for me is to stand and fight with heavy armor and teliths sorrow or equivalent legendary.
This build requires me to have 30 vit for the regen, 30 grit for the damage reduction and ability to deal out enough combos, 31 str increased to 40 with armor to get the 25% damage increase to heavy strikes and the rest in enc so I can actually wear the heavy armor needed to take some punishment while standing and fighting.
This build is already compromised in the cold areas by the fact there is now no heavy strength cold resist armor in the game any more since the un-lore friendly change of Hyperborean to heat resist.
Surviving in the mounds or eyelet lake is now extremely difficult in that build with a normal regen alone. Now but the time I’m half way through the mounds, I’ve lost half my health to cold alone and this fierce vitality does nothing to help unlike before.

4 Likes

But it is fixed now? I don’t see why you’re taking a fixed bug as an argument here?

Aloe extract is available at lvl 15? Roasted haunch is just cooked meat ?

Exacly. The nerf is justified if before you could just ignore a sandstorm or the weather without a specific armor.

It gives you a flat bonus of 15 armor.

You simply need a better armor with cold res, you expected to go in the cold weather with a heat resistance armor and survive just with the regen from the fierce vitality perk? lol

You should have at least have 2 armors (cold res/heat res)

Ok, but what about now? i don’t have any issues carrying healing items?

Just for that really? You just need to use poison/gaz/explosive arrow to break this problem. How would pvp players do on modded servers then ? ^^

So your argument is, Funcom should buff the vitality perk again because we can not carry an infinite quantity of healing foods/potions since they nerfed it some time ago?

I do.
Or at least I did until the temp resist change on the hyperborean.
I have a set each of epic flawless Pict and epic flawless hyperborean.
They are the only heavy strength armor in the game. Until the last patch one was heat resist, one was cold resist. Now both are heat resist.
I suppose I could wear kambujan or Khitan which are both cold resist strength armors but they are also medium. Sacrificing 300 points of armor is not real safe going solo through the mounds.
I have worn the Pict through the mounds on many occasion prior to the patch and the temp has not caused me an issue due to the regen. Now with a lack of heavy strength cold armor and this negligable perk I’m at half health buy the time I’ve chopped someone.

Slightly off topic but it strikes me as strange that we now have 2 heavy strength heat resist armors but no cold resist and we have 2 medium strength cold resist armors but no heat resist.
Intentional?.. I wonder.

You can not restore it to its original state as the original state itself had issues which led to the different changes(buff/nerf) it had. Plus it would have an impact on end-gamers.

It seems it is still unclear to you but the perk doesn’t work while in combat.

What is too slow? How fast you heal yourself? As i said before, i heal myself from 10% to 100% in 3 seconds.

What fashion? And you’re making your own suposition here. But even if it was too slow to wait, it would push them to create foods/potions thus digging in the content of the game so it isn’t a bad thing.

Well you have read my arguments, i explained each one of them, you can’t deny what i said, i denied what you and others said, showing how it was flawed, but you keep the same position and “can not explain it more”. Are you from a religious cult? (joking) :sweat_smile:

“I want the regen back because the game was easier before with it, even if it allows the player to ignore other mechanics, even if the player has other possibilities to survive.”

You denied it? Where ? ^^ Oh, but you actually need more than just denying it you know, you have to explain why my argument is invalid (for example, as i did with all the people saying that the fierce vitality perks triggers right after taking damage, it’s wrong, it triggers 10 sec after taking damages and you can test it yourself in game). Just saying “No, you’re wrong” is meaningless without an explanation.
I did understand your position. My last sentence sums it up pretty much.

I failed? Read again the discussion and you will see :slight_smile:

You call that an attack? It’s not my fault if you choose those words or syntax and that it looks like that. You wouldn’t be offended if it was just words ^^

All this don’t fix things, not make any progress. Are you here to argue or to try to degub the game ? :sweat_smile:

I mean, it’s your opinion that all is fine with the heal like it is now. As you can see, others don’t feel the same way.
For my part i’m mostly adaptative, but i like to know.

1 Like