Patch 2.3 is internally labeled "New Land"

Where? :slight_smile:

I can’t find it again xD

1 Like

Fair enough - but you’re right in a way: more land (whatever that means) is not entirely unexpected. It being not only confirmed now but also coming (relatively) soon IS. Of course 2.1 is still in TestLive, and 2.2 before the end of the year is their goal but by no means for sure. Which says nothing about 2.3 - it could come in 2050 without necessarily making anything said on the stream technically wrong.

I think EL is going to remain relevant once it’s linked to Siptah. Resources are more plentiful, there is more space, and the thrall acquisition system (assuming it remains unchanged) is more accessible. If thrall acquisition remains unchanged in EL, I would expect further tweaks to the maelstrom mechanic to incentivize folks to farm it for a reason other than thralls.

And, with the recent changes, I am no longer upset. Things have changed, but the changes seem to be geared to making us think and adapt, but still offering a path to success for any playstyle. That doesn’t piss me off.

P.S. And since what I posted is completely off-topic: I think I recall them mentioning that new areas would be added to Siptah. I hope they’re nautical themed, and consist of camps to explore.

The September Producer’s Letter says this:
" We will be adjusting certain mechanics like wild surges to make them more solo player friendly, and adding additional land masses throughout the Early Access period."

Or is this not what you guys are talking about?

1 Like

It probably is, indeed.

So where is the PvE combat patch… Just what we thought.

Combat/PvP - they explicitly said all forms of combat, calling it a PvP patch is my words (they did mention it being PvP focused however)

Errmm… average based on what? If this were true then PVP as a mode would have much lower population than PVE or PVE-C. I mean, scanning the browser list that arguement doesn’t stack.

Agreed. Its one of many contributing factors that leads to unsustainable position which was the cited point. Meaning these amongst other bugs build negative sentiment towards the title(regardless of the innocence of reasoning).

So you’re saying out a of a potential pool of 33,000+ players the reason why its dropped to a 13k pool (Source: Conan Exiles - Steam Charts - lets assume for a second these stats aren’t inflated) the mainstay reason is because of server browser connectivity issues. I mean, i am open to the idea that this is a large contributing factor but at the same time I can’t help unpack how thats as massive reason but yet the least exposed or discussed topic for abandonment… i just can’t connect those two dots here).

I agree. Reverting the title back to Early Access is a great marketing tactic and was intended to take pressure of development teams to rebuild the title using progressive disclosure. However, where it has backfired is the fact the title was already established and had its state of maturity (good or bad) intact. Regression to thise mode of positioning didn’t work, hasn’t worked and abandonment will over time establish that unless they pull out a very serious and compelling 2.1 to 2.3 body of work which isn’t plagued with bugs and half-finished features, this trend will likely continue. As blunt as that is, the historical data suggests the appetite for patience and wait-n-see says “no”.

There is however data to suggest that if they turned say 2.2 or 2.3 into another DLC that surge of return adoption could come back, as it would probably be a new marketing narrative & demand generation reboot… but… i dont see them doing that either.

2.3 New Lands could be the return to base moment, if for example at this point they do something radical like merge the lands or make the whole system dynamic. 2.3 Would have to be polished release and the sentiment related issues - ie like the one that you object to - needs to be resolved and stable.

Taking bets…that wont happen.

I agree. I never fully understood the sense of entitlement players have to years of base claims. Conan is probaby the first game of this genre i’ve seen where they dont wipe after major releases. I think it has a lot to with the PVE community wanting to retain their creations, I also think there are a lot of embedded PVP players who are afraid of losing their foothold on a servers top tier location spots. I know of several servers where not only do players have the foothold they established a year ago, but the idea of losing that place means their body vaults and hidden chests in the mesh etc would also get lost. Its odd… just plain odd behaviour :slight_smile:

Which is probably why a 2.3 New Land merger would scare the heck of out them.

I still can’t see that as a barrier to adoption atm. We have 40 slot limits on all official servers and on any given night its lucky to ever go over 20 at the moment. At the start of the DLC with the sugar rush there were 40 max’ed out…but those folks just spilled over to other servers where the entire region of players stabelized reasonably ok. Increasing the limits would be great mind you, but my fear is the current problem of 6 servers (oceania) all housing 1-5 players per hour displaces the population too much. In that you could have say 6 servers with 20 people in them on servers with 80-100… at some point a consolidation woud have to occur to retain that competitive high population volume mindset… which would never happen as well.

2.3 New Land imho is the marker of make or break release, I figure the population today will make its peace one way or another to continue playing for a few more weeks. If 2.1 releases the dynamic volume system which kills players if they go below the mesh along side a few sugar rush issues around craft stations & thralls…ok… the system may hold out for a bit longer in adoption abandoments… combine that with the 2.2 release and assuming pvp becomes more compelling than it is now (ie horse meta) that could bring another wave back to the game …if…they polish it…

2.3 would have to be the last and most important release they have or its just back to low numbers again like we had in Exile Lands pre-Siptah.

Standard dev response: “Isn’t there a mod for that?”

Or maybe they’re implying that with the new economy update and the following combat update, no-one will use armor anymore, either because they can’t afford it, or because it sucks, or both.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.