[PC] 1930 - PVE - Horrible Server-Wide Lag

Game mode: (Online official)
Type of issue: Performance
Server type: PVE
Region: Americas

[Describe the bug here]
Server-wide lag and rubber banding has been rampant for the least week. Every action is delayed with intermittent rubber banding back into positions you were at minutes earlier. Placing buildings or attacking can take minutes to register.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log in
  2. Play the game
  3. Lag
  4. Rubber band back to starting point
2 Likes

Hey @Deadpool

Welcome to our community.
We’re aware of this issue and we’ve reached out to G-Portal to try to determine the cause for this problem.
Apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

Still having bad lag issues on 1930 regularly. Please help.

I can vouch for this. Same problem on 1930.

Ping sits around 300, and takes large spikes up into the 1000s.

Gets worse after 5PM PST. People are getting disconnected all the time. I have to leave all of my good gear inside a chest because risk of unrecoverable death is so high.

looks like they don´t solve the problem or just ignoring

The server still has continued lag spikes that makes the game unplayable and has been in this state for weeks. We need an update!

Can you provide an update for us? This has been an ongoing issue for almost a month. We’ve been reporting constantly to gportal but nothing is being done.

Been lagging all day, multiple people on server are missing recipes randomly. I was just missing exquisite stew. I just disconnected twice within a 10 minute period right now. The game is literally unplayable. It’s been almost a month.

Not so bad lag-wise on another server host company with private server, but then player numbers not nearly as big as Official servers used to be.

I wonder what the reciprocal service contracts gportal had/have with Funcom for official servers? And I wonder how they dealt with requiring the new dual server connection to lookup the new Funcom IDs. Am guessing that the very high connection checks in server logs have always been there, but are now more obvious since there’s now two servers to deal with.

Anyone know where the Funcom ID server(s) are hosted? Surely they are spread across all continents so that players in the Southern hemisphere and wherever else are not impacted by overall speeds?

this patch does not fix at all, otherwise is worse than before.

Bumping to the top as this is still an ongoing issue.

The server lag is terrible and has been for weeks.
Ping: 1020 | FPS 2

Yep. Still an issue.

The other day I got kicked from the server 1930, and I noticed all of the other west coast servers were down as well.

I went on a non-west cost server, and had no problems with lag at all.

So maybe there is a problem with the west coast servers?

1 Like

Hey there,

We’re still looking at this issue with G-Portal, but it seems mostly isolated to server 1930. Seems to be caused by the server being clogged by too many building pieces and thralls/pets. While we’re still investigating, it seems the only real solution to this server’s problem would be to wipe it clean, which is unfortunately not being contemplated at the moment.

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s not go with the Server Wipe option.

There’s a lot of trolls on that server who are mega-building all over the place, and I am sure that a server wipe due to their efforts would be their ultimate prize.

(Server #1930 has a lot of anti-troll buildings in place. You can’t wall off the obelisks, or the desert, or a bunch of other locations. The only thing trolls can do is go structure sprawl crazy. And they do it with a passion.)

also i think it might be great if you make a limit building to reduce the problem in the server just for in-case.

Not all big builds are trolls. Some just like to build. The bigger issue is large builds that never play and only come in to refresh their bases. I at least play every day and will continue to do so, ping/lag permitting. There are multiple clans with very large builds I have never seen on in 15 months of playing.

Lord Wayzar the Humongous

Does it seem like the issue’s started when they implemented the new AI patch? I have to think that it takes extra processing power to control all the NPC’s in the world. Ignasis did say too many thralls/pets is part of the issue. Some food for thought…

1. Enemies used to only attack 3 at a time. Now 20 of them can pig pile you at once. Is that extra stress on the server?

2. Enemies used to just go wherever. Now they are tethered and “snap back” if they go too far from their spawn point. Is that extra stress on the server?

3. Followers all used to follow the same script. Now each individual thrall/pet can be set to attack/defect/distance/do a cartwheel/ ect. Is that extra stress on the server?

4. Followers used to only attack 3 at a time. Now 20 of them can join in at once. Is that extra stress on the server?

5. Followers used to stay, and return to, where you put them. Now they’ll get drunk and fall off the ledges they on. Or fall strait under the world. Or walk through solid walls like they’re The Men Who Stare at Goats. Is that extra stress on the server?

Combine all that with an incoming purge and does the server go into meltdown?

Well, I must admit it is a tad unusual signing on to what used to be one of the most populated servers during prime time, and finding myself the only person there.

I was the only person there. There weren’t even any of the Chinese clans.

1 Like

Getting conan exiles 2.0 while totally abandoning support for official servers. Reporting here doesn’t do anything. Reporting issues to get devs to look into it on twitch chat gets timed out and ignored. Gportal reports do nothing. Support for this game is nearly non-existent at this point and it is beyond frustrating. GG unfuncom.

1 Like