PC Hotfix (17.08.2018)

Fingah, I have been testing yesterday for 6h, testing instead of playing… I have been testing now on the last patch. The things I specify I have tested myself, the etc is what I see in the chat. Ok, so the stairs are not broken? Please send me a screenshot of your last DLC corner stairs.

Post a bug report and lets see it? Show me the first bug report that has been taken up and fixed and any of the latest patches and you might convince me to start making those again…

BTW: I tested a character to level 60 on testlive last weekend, no feedback was taking into account and it was just pushed live(with all the issues reported in testlive causing a s h i t storm here on the forum). I’m not sure what forum you are reading if you think I simply spew out imagined problems…

1 Like

I just did the corner stairs a few minutes ago. So I popped back in and did another for you. :slight_smile:

I speak for official/private with a population, corner stairs are gone and cannot be replaced. Just like it was with the other T3 corner stairs in the past. It was even confirmed by Tascha that is it a known problem that now also applies to the new DLC corner stairs. I’m not sure about newly placed ones but the ones who are gone cannot be replaced, I tried breaking the complete stairs and rebuilding it, they do not snap. When I place a ceiling they snap but the last one that goes into the ground to finish the stair cannot be placed as I cannot place a ceiling under ground.

Barnes, can you add a layer of foundations and complete your stair?

And as I have already mentioned, it is not because you can make it work in GOD mode, that it works ingame… Or are you suggesting we should all go SP and spawn in everything we want, trigger our purges ourselves whenever we want? Is that how we are supposed to be playing? We actually do not really care if something works in SP, it does not work in Official/private with an active population.

EDIT: I tried every order to place them, I tried every angle(except for flying ofc as I’m not playing GOD but survival), they simply do not work.

I agree the raining inside is awful and for me one of the most annoying indeed as I live mainly in the jungle Biome(rainforest), but that is graphical. I would like to see the thralls working acceptably and the purges to be working as they should. These small bug fixes(who cause more bugs than they fix) simply do nothing more than add to the frustration of the remaining playerbase who want working thralls and purges since 4 months now…

Live players are Funcom’s QA department.

You have to pay to become a member of this department, with your wallet and your lost time, instead of being paid for your time. Thus the “quality” of the testing when your workers are not very motivated, is… well… very low. And so the cycle of fixing and breaking more is exponential.

Try both aquilonian structure, Example use Aquilonian Foundation to attach corner stair.

Well, like I said, I had just finished placing stairs online when I saw your post. So I popped back on and spawned some choices, to ensure Khitan worked as well, and coincidentally had an old remnant of a set of stairs I could work on. I have found placing the corners first works best.

I did, just this morning. I’ll be happy to try it again in a little bit once I can access my Live client PC. TL is downloading now, so I’m blocked on this one. :slight_smile:

When you describe it that way it seems similar to an issue I’ve seen for over a year now, sometimes when stacking foundations you can’t fit one in, then if you demolish the last one placed next to it you can suddenly fit the foundation you had problems with as well as the one demolished.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciated but please listen you must at least save some minimum amount of time to test out your game physically, not just rely on us sending you feedback whether or not the game is fix or not.

Even myself as solo-player only knew there a few issue here and there had not been fix.
example:

1. physic not working properly if your character height reach more or less 50%.
  2. Derketo dancer recipe from tier 4 thrall did not actually make derketo dancer dress but a Darfari dancer cloth.
  3. Hardened brick cost too expensive how are players will ever enjoy building this such tedious and costly building while black ice is the most viable choice but both of them are the same tier?
  4. Sickle will not work on red lotus, using grab where find but cutting with tool receive nothing? WTH
  5. Now this a bug is just find out not long ago but finally I notice it is true, Meteor sometime will not break at all using 1 explosive jar sometime had to use more then 3 in order to work and worst demon orb will never break.

This and the AI have made me wait for the pets patch in hopes of seeing something new or seeing the latter 2 fixed.

It could be coincidental, but post-patch I’ve crashed to desktop twice. Before this, it hasn’t happened even once - even when I’ve left the game running overnight on occasion.

Corner stairs have disappeared. Do you guys… test you patches? I guess not. I mean you say you do, but it seems to consist of “does the game crash? no? shoot it out to live!”

1 Like

That’s nice to hear, the status effect had a lag that was fixed. I didn’t know, I’ll try the game today for a bit. :sweat_smile:

After verifying integrity and reacquiring two files on my other PC, no corner stairs for any tier work. Same block configuration as posted above, from this morning.

A workaround for now is using Corner Ramps, of black ice-reinforced, aquilonian or khitan. These three styles of corner ramp will place, but no others will.

1 Like

Follow up: I brought the .db with the corner stairs still in place from the example above over to my testlive client. When I loaded up the new TestLive build, the corner stairs exploded, rather comically.

2 Likes

ty

Hey again Funcom, sorry I being rude last night just to let you know that rotbranch are still unable to do any damages and white tiger are still nowhere to be found. also good job about the recent update, hope the next one will do better. :love_you_gesture:

The bug of the bloody border when we log in to the game is still there. May you fix it, please. It’s been several patches we had that problem and reported it.