PC Hotfix (17.08.2018)

Or they could open the server, let the players run amok, build whatever, and test based on that. With the floating thralls and thrall spam and etc…

@Tascha Visual errors and FPS droppings are caused by bad set-up of the BaseScalability file that the values are different than in the game.
To check the bug, open the file BaseScalability and check the value of the console in the game these values do not match.

@Tascha

often we have the problem that all players fall through foundations, get no more damage and can’t open anything. only a server restart fix this problem. its a very well attended pve server and fresh wiped at 20.08., but many servers has the same problem :frowning:

serverlogs spam this:

[2018.08.22-12.00.58:988][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer
[2018.08.22-12.00.58:989][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer
[2018.08.22-12.00.58:990][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer
[2018.08.22-12.00.58:990][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer
[2018.08.22-12.00.58:991][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer
[2018.08.22-12.00.58:991][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer
[2018.08.22-12.00.58:992][754]LogSpawn:Warning: Destroying None.None:None.None, which doesn’t have a valid world pointer

1 Like

Are you running the database cleaner tool?
Are you deleting the game.db-shm and game.db-wal files if they remain after a shutdown?

I run this on my database and we’ve had very few issues so far:

@echo off
for %%a in (game.db) do (
echo “%%a”
sqlite3.exe %%a “VACUUM;REINDEX;ANALYZE;pragma integrity_check”
)
pause

I really wanted to love or like this game, but it won’t work. Bugs everywhere, even after months… nothing changed. It still feels like an Alpha-Game… I’m out.

Looks like another fine patch.

@PitMonk

At the moment we dont run a database cleaning tool, its a fresh wiped server. game.db-shm and game.db-wal are deleted after a shutdown and between restarts. “VACUUM;REINDEX;ANALYZE;pragma integrity_check” are only used for weekly maintenance work

1 Like

Hey Tascha how come you guys never reply to any of us over at the xbox one or ps4 community?, all of us are getting extremely angry with this silent treatment we are getting over there and a lot of us are leaving your game because of the fact that we feel abandoned. And the fact whenever we report an issue you guys just shrug it off your game has gotten much worse I’m surprised no one has sued this company yet

You need to put an @ in front of her name to alert her to your post mate @Tascha

I suspect they concentrate on the PC forums as the game is updated and tested here more frequently. Updates can be pushed out faster for testing on PC as they don’t need to go through the vetting process for each update as on Xbox & PS.

I’ve not spent a lot of time in your area of the forums, but I suspect you’re suffering exactly the same bugs we have here, however, I think the PC build is further ahead than your game. I’m also confident that they have a small team reading all the forums and respond accordingly.

Gee! Test Live, I wonder what that means?
Welcome to beta testing.

Exactly! I was being a bit sarcastic.
It is a pre-release version of the next big update.
Welcome to beta testing.

Hi Shadoza, can you give me 1 example of a bug reported on the 01.09.2018 version, that is now fixed in the latest 146MB of fixes?

3 Likes

@Tascha Hello, I was able to replicate the error that the wells do not fill. The well must be built.

1. Backup save
  2. uninstall the game
  3. Install the game
  4. Restore save
  5. The wells are empty and not filled. Must be demolished and rebuilt.

This makes sense, since the lorestone next to the Cirfor of Swords, where the Archivist was killed, tells you that they it’s secret who the Giant kings met their while indicating to the inhabitants of the volcano. So it would make no sense that he would tell you anything about the serpent-men. I have not tried yet, but there is the Staff of Triumvirat which could guide you in this matter, too.