PC Hotfix (23.01.2019) - Crash fixes

I too have had reports of people’s entire buildings vanishing overnight. Isolated incidents, totally random locations. Our decay timer is set to 20 days, these players claim they had only built it 3-4 days earlier and when the returned, everything had gone. I don’t have any more info on these at the moment except that these buildings were big.

I can only rely on my admins reports to me as I’ve not played Conan since Christmas which was Testlive, not played on my live server for 6-7 months now.

@Jens_Erik hello, i want to return back and play this game again, i wander if the loooong jumping fixed?

i messaged you how to do it at 2018 december if you remember.
you can find the related video here Quiting after 1600 hrs

I’ve read the original post but must be missing something. That jump looked ok considering you landed on a platform much lower. You took a lot of damage too. Whilst it may need tweaking a little, I’m sure their attention has been focused on more pressing issues mate. :slight_smile:

Edit: After watching again on my PC and not my mobile, I can see the issue now :slight_smile: Greatest long jump ever. I agree that needs nerfing a bit.

1 Like

After recent update I can now play the game offline/single player. After quitting though – I cannot “continue” the Game. The crash is "Game has crashed – shutting down. Backup Restore failed. Location is C:\ ------\ConanSandBox]ConanGameMode.cpp " line 439

I have a similar problem with Testlive ---- ie. – cannot continue.

Seems this game has more problems than my college math book.

2 Likes

This isn’t a wide spread issue that I’ve heard of.

Have you tried verifying your files in Steam as well as running the maintenance script tool on your database?. Also be sure to delete the temporary db files if they have remained after you shut down the game.

2 Likes

Once I had problems with lags on my private server, I contacted G-Portal and they moved my server to new hardware.
At first when the hunger system came out, my server had just a single option for it (namely time), but when I made G-Portal aware of the other options to this system, they added them.
So at least the German branch of G-Portal does answer and does help.

1 Like

I was talking about reporting official servers, not private

Playing solo and offline – best (easiest) solution ?

Due to poor internet service I’d like to play offline and solo. Should I consider a mod – or a dedicatwed server offline and on my own computer ? Most solutions I’ve read seem quite messy – I’d really appreciate some clear and workable solution. Thanks.

What exactly happens when you try to open the game, click the SinglePlayer/Co-op button and create a new game? At what stage do you get errors? If you’re doing this but choosing an existing game then getting the errors, we need to fix your db for that map.

You won’t need any mods!

I can’t think of what methods you’ve been looking at which would be considered messy?!?

Running it locally, you will still have a database. I’m in a hurry right now to get to a job but feel free to PM me and we can chat away from here until we get you working.

Hey PitMonk — did you receive my PM ?

when you jump in real life you dont move forward indefinitely m8 you fall like max 3-4 meters away unless youre an olympic long jumper. this ridiculus system that you can build high and jump further in to peoples bases ruins this game. nothing is safe.

Hey @Kumiko

Could you send your savefile to me privately so we can investigate this internally?

1 Like

Did you not read both paragraphs?

Why the need to build so high? If you were in my server, I’d just ask you to pull it down, bug fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

no idea how i missed that. sorry

1 Like

Bug: Multiplayer, multiple official Servers

Each time on joining a server, the character stucks on the spot while trying to move. Running animations are shown, but no movement possible. Player has to remove the braces/respawn in order to move freely.

Hardware Info: Lenovo Ideapad 700 / Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.6 GHz

Hello, since 2 days the game is very very laggy and crashes very often, mostly during a very big lag.
Hardware info: Intel Core I7 3770k @ 3,5Ghz

We have a new hotfix out for the PC version. This should improve some of the desync issues on our servers that have been reported by the community: