PC Hotfix (23.09.2020) - Hotfix 2.0.3: More stability, healing and general fixes

Greetings Exiles!

The Hotfix 2.0.3 is here with additional fixes, further improving client stability and addressing some graphical and balancing issues as well. We’ve also tweaked the Surges a bit, as well as the healing potions, as their animation shouldn’t be interrupted by bleeding damage as some of you have reported.

Oh, and our masons have also patched up a hole in the map, all exiles found within are available to be claimed at the nearest lost and found vendor.

We really appreciate all the input we’ve been getting from all of you and we’ll continue monitoring your feedback and reports on the forums and social media pages!

Thank you for all your support!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes
performance

• Fixed a number of client crashes.

exploits

• Cemented a hole in the map close to the Scavenger Coast.

combat

• Fixed certain buffs replenishing themselves.

ai

• Buffed certain Surge animals that were extremely frail.
  • Updated VFX for the Blood Moon Beast.

balancing

• Healing potions should no longer break on bleeding damage.
  • Several balancing tweaks for the Surges:
    • Changed Wild Surges to spawn 3 waves.
    • Wild Surge Waves will spawn a number of enemies equal to the current wave count (i.e. 1 enemy for the first wave, then 2 when it dies, then 3 when they die).
      • The only exception to the above rule is Darfari surges, as they spawn 2 enemies with each wave because they do not have crafting thralls.
    • Wild Surges now have a default duration of 6 hours.
    • Wild Surges no longer despawn when a storm begins.

general

• Fixed an issue that prevented creating custom Singleplayer and Cooperative sessions.
  • Fixed an issue where the Surge cycle restarted upon restarting a Singleplayer session.
  • The Tentacle Portal is no longer photo-bombing the character creation process.
  • Fixed an issue where the server query port was being unintentionally overridden.
  • Fixed server query fetching information for logged out players.
  • Fixed Surge VFX not being visible to some clients.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Surges to spawn one too many waves:
    • Leyshrine summoned surges will now summon 5 total waves.
    • Wild Surges will conform to the rules listed above.

21 Likes

Thank you for the update. As usual, great work.
I am stil unable to start a surge while in a clan.

2 Likes

so its still not safe to give thralls new weapons or armors? as they use it as food?

Thank you I’m going to break my neighbors while they download the update =)

1 Like

Are you even going to fix the high ping bug on the server list?! That’s an issue you should fix instead some gameplay problems like number of surge waves on spawns. Let the people log in the game at first!!! Currently the only way to fix the ping issue is client restart and changing list to “favourites” so ping alert will not appear as it stays normal about 60 instead 200 or more. C’mon!

nice :+1:

I have been using G.Portal servers for 2 years, there is no issues with them. I never have lag or high ping. I also run 35 mods without issue, so G.Portal is not a bad hosting site. Don’t spread false information because you had a bad experience.

3 Likes

The changes are ok but for the love of all the gods old and new, let wild surges have tier 3 crafters, keep named thralls to summond surges thats fine, but players need tier 3 crafters for curved progression, I have a butt load of star metal, star metal weapons, star metal tools, NO star metal armour as its locked behind tier 3 armourer, please please add tier 3 crafters to wild surges.

7 Likes

I’m glad you added whole new map, seperate from main game and that you are now fixing bugs in this, practically new game… but you are SO BEHIND on fixing bugs in exiles… good job splitting attention and making this expansion that will give you more bugs to fix… great… just super great… dont fix buggy game… make a new game with more bugs to fix… just… wow…

1 Like
  • The Tentacle Portal is no longer photo-bombing the character creation process.

I thought was a feature, not a bug!

5 Likes

wtf? WTF?

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Thank you especially for de-frailing some of the Surge animals. I am sure my bleeding carcass will be thrilled to little bits by that (I am also picturing some poor dev-thrall sent out with bucket and spade to cement that hole).

PS: (I know this is for suggestions, but…pity an Art-Dept person could throw together a trapdoor spider into the farm of new spiders? If my newfound fear of whatever type of arachnid they put in the Spider Vault survived that, then a sudden trap-door one is sure to push it over the edge!)

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Beg pardon? I’ve seen Darfari crafting thralls.

5 Likes

t is continuing to download 11gb to me saying conanclient.exe is not downloading. Do I need to re-download everything? Seriously?

But nothing about the tier surge spawn chance?
Cause I dont want to kill 3 waves of useless thralls…

3 Likes