PC Hotfix patch (05.03.2019) - Exploit and Bug Fixes

We’re rolling out even more patches for the PC version of Conan Exiles, to take care of some remaining lingering issues. You’ll find the full list of patch notes below:

Currently Known Issues

• Trebuchets cannot be turned
  • The effects for extreme cold and hot statuses are not correctly listed in the tooltips. It is just a visual issue that will be fixed in an upcoming patch

notes
performance

• Fixed a crash relating to moving resources used for crafting in crafting benches.

exploits

• Fixed an exploit that allowed effects from weapons to persist through all attacks, even when switching to other weapons
  • Fixed an exploit that led to infinite sprinting stamina

crafting

• The need for molds have been removed from the recipe for Coins and Glass Flasks. The moulds can still be crafted but serve no current function
  • It is no longer possible to dismantle arrows in the dismantling bench

balancing

• Fixed an issue where some named NPCs in Sepermeru were weaker than their lowlier brethren. They must’ve skipped leg day at the gym but are now fully trained as well.

general

• The Maelstrom weapon now grants bonus vitality as intended
  • Thralls can again be rotated while placed
  • Spears are no longer offset in the triple slot weapon display rack
  • The wheel of pain will now continue with thrall conversions even after a server restart

ui

• The Thrall decay system now has separate server settings than the building decay system

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

10 Likes

ty!!!

@Jens_Erik
Hello Jens, could you tell us the entries for the server settings ini for private dedicated servers relating to the decay settings for thrallls and Pets.

1 Like

Does the thrall system work like the building system? Do you simply need to be in range of your thralls for them to refresh their decay timer?

Because you could dupe steel bars, hardened steel bars, poison arrows, tar arrows, starmetal bars. U craft 10 steel arrows with 1 steel bar. dismantle 10 steel arrows for 10 bars

1 Like

Ok, I wanted to comment under the update post, but that has been closed, and then I commented this on the previous hotfix, but that got also closed 2 hours ago, so here we go AGAIN. I want to second several players´ comments about how broken raiding is right now because of bombs being practically half cheaper (not quite ofc, but steelfire has always been by far the biggest issue with bomb farming, and that has been halved), AND all doors and gates having half the hp.

So first off, I think it is good that doors and gates have significantly less hp than the rest of the building blocks - doors and gates have always historically been the weak points of any fortresses and castles, or any defensive structures, really, and it makes sense from a gameplay perspective as well, because I don´t think it is good if players have barely any incentive to go through the weak points and instead bomb the crap out of several meters thick walls, potentially taking down a large portion of the base in the process. It definitely should be possible to destroy any structures, but at the same time, if those structures are T3 foundations, walls, pillars etc., it should be a rather heavy investment to take them down compared to just blowing up the doors. It should never be easy to more or less wipe/level a large T3 base, because then, what is the damn point of even playing the game as was clearly intended? Building large, cool castles has worked well up until now - as it should - but I do not think it will work very well anymore. Now I can solo farm enough dragonpowder in a single day to raid ANY base on my server, and we got some ginormous bases here. Which is some BS and totally unbalanced.

I believe raiding/defending was fairly balanced as it was, now raiding is just way overpowered. Keep in mind that the advantage should always by default be with the defender, not the attacker, because that has always been the case and is really the only reason castles were ever built. If castles could be raided as easily as they are in this game (especially via offline raiding), they would never have been built, ever, because that just would not be even remotely worth the investment. Do not let this happen to CE. I suspect large bases will start disappearing out of fear of being cheaply offline raided by any noob who so wishes, and will be replaced by low-investment small bases that are well hidden (further increasing the payoff of exploiting and cheating by undermeshing and similar techniques).

If the attacker needs to invest more to destroy a base than the defender did to make it, that actually makes sense and is good for the game. If you spend 300+ hours farming and building a base on official PvP as I have, you do not want some ■■■■■■■■ to come with a 1000 relatively easily farmed bombs and blow your base to oblivion just for the lols or because you killed them that one time. Raiding was perfectly fine the way it was pre-update, and now it is simply broken.

So what do I suggest? Well, either, like others have suggested, introduce some kind of offline-raiding protection/nerf, since offline raiding is lame and stupid anyway, yet is predominantly what is currently done. Then maybe this change to bombs and doors can actually be acceptable. For example, as suggested, make raiding any structures owned by a player/clan 75% dmg resistant 30 minutes after the last person from that clan has disconnected. That should prompt players to defend themselves if attacked online, while making it very inefficient for decent PvP players to offline raid compared to online raiding.

Or, just make bombs cost more again and give doors a bit of hp back. I would say 100 dragonpowder per bomb as was before and 80% of the original door/gate health would be reasonable.

But seriously, the only way to stay somewhat safe now might be to farm a crapton of bombs before someone else does, and bomb everyone who might possibly be a threat from the server… and then keep doing that every couple of days, because of fear of revenge. This is not how I want to play this game, and this is not how I want to feel playing this game. If raiding stays vastly superior to building up defences, I will likely quit the game sooner or later, because especially as a solo player, I do not stand a chance to really defend myself, regardless of how many defences I put up, just because I cannot be online constantly.

EDIT: Also also, I wanted to note that I have not spammed doors and gates everywhere I possibly could in my base. But that will change now, because that is the only way I can feel at least a bit safe, so Imma have to go through a billion doors to get out of base. Which is going to suck, but worse even, it is going to look like garbage and not feel like a real castle anymore. I guess a lot of players would stack as many doors as possible after one another (as is commonly done in Rust, where PvP gets even way more brutal and ruthless, and requires a lot of efficiency on the side of both the attackers and the defenders), but I simply felt I could do without it. Not anymore though. So thanks for ruining my castle´s aesthetic, and further encouraging this idiotic door spam way of building (or even walling off any access to the base each time one goes offline, which is going to be absolute cancer for everyone involved, gg), Funcom.

6 Likes

Where is the thrall decay system settings? I restarted my server to update to the latest patch, and yet I don’t see them. Are they only in the testlive client?

Nice hotfix, thank you Funcom! :+1:t3:

this is the best patch you made, if these issues are fixed completely…thanks a lot… and hope to see the jhebbal inner bubble damage and long jump fix too… thank you again…

Glad to see some exploits fixed, but I’m not very happy to see coin and flask molds removed. There are still recipes like that wall Lantern that required glass.

Also, has the conversion rate between coins and bars been made equal? If not, then will we have to baby-sit our furnaces to ensure a load of gold and silver ore doesn’t cook down into just a handful of coins? Really apprehensive about this. :-\

1 Like

Gold Coins are crafted at the Blacksmith, unless they changed that. But I do worry about the glass.

1 Like

Strays back to the fire - a mod for melting down the metal from items in a forge. This mod knows how to calculate how much metal is returned. If you put in a single arrow, the metal return is too low to give anything back. If you put in 10, you get a bar.

Funcom is just taking the quick fix to an exploit of a new feature. Hopefully, they will consider doing a few extra calculations and bring back arrows and other items for a better recycling program.

2 Likes

Can we have an official straw poll about this? We finally need a solution for the raiding issues.

3 Likes

I think I´m going to make this into a separate thread, because it seems like here is not the best place to debate it properly. I wanted to post that in the thread of the patch that made those changes, and now it is getting more and more off-topic.

2 Likes

Awesome and all but why remove the molds?

1 Like

exploits

• Fixed an exploit that allowed effects from weapons to persist through all attacks, even when switching to other weapons
  • Fixed an exploit that led to infinite sprinting stamina

Nope… I know first hand the first isn’t fixed and second hand the second isn’t fixed.

1 Like

I don’t think this update was actually even released yet. Those thrall decay server settings they said was added, isn’t added. It’s neither in the server settings in game or in the serversettings.ini file.

RE: It is no longer possible to dismantle arrows in the dismantling bench

Why? As a non-archer, I was happy with finally having a use for arrows.

4 Likes

The reasoning has already been stated. Because it was a huge material exploit.

“Because you could dupe steel bars, hardened steel bars, poison arrows, tar arrows, starmetal bars. U craft 10 steel arrows with 1 steel bar. dismantle 10 steel arrows for 10 bars”

And yet, there are two questions that are on the surface of the patch in the patch. :thinking:

1. Disassembly of arrows. I think it is worth returning the disassembly, but 10 arrows = 1 bar, as when crafting with a carpenter t4.

2. a. Return the receipt of bark, when processing shaped

or

1. b. Or, change the existing craft bark for balance. Now 10 (5 *) trees = 1 bark. Make 2 (1 *) trees = 1 bark or 10 (5 *) trees = 5 bark.

*at t4 thrall :slight_smile:

1 Like