PC Patch (25.06.2019) - The Warmaker's Sanctuary, Population Revamp, Temperature and more!

Yes.

1 Like

Hi! What’s the patch size? (Steam download size)

Loving the patch so far.

Some questions.

1. How is the temperature effected exactly? I didnt see something “stand out” about it. I am sure over extensive testing I will figure it out but till then, I was curious for a quick answer.

2. Armour weight is now fixed? Is this intentional? I hope so. This was very much needed, KUDOS :slight_smile:
    (as in, I am wearing all light, I threw on medium gauntlets and my armour weight is still light… as it should be. Throwing 1 piece of gear on you from a higher tier and having it throw the entire weight class off was silly)

3. Is there some new “rest” or “relogging” healing passive added? Or was this always a feature in PvE-C? (My first pve-c server). I logged in and had some passive that was giving me +1 healing until my first combat. If its a new mechanic, can someone elaborate how it works/what it is? I am confused how to replicate it to figure out when it actually helps us.

4. Stutter loading still an issue on inventories. And movement being locked whilst loading is still a thing.

Please fix this.

It is absolutely the worst thing ever to be playing a survival game in which life and death are crucial elements of the game, and you are walking off mountains to your death because the game froze on you during a load up but your movement got stuck and you apparently went flying over 3 valleys 2 mountains and 6 Islands.

1. Can we also expect a fix for javelins at some point? They are very buggy to play with. Sometimes, you cant pick them up off corpses at all, they just vanish. Sometimes, their refresh rate is so fast that you cant even pick them up from the ground (missed shots) because they disappear before the battle is even done (forcing you to run around silly to focus pick up spears that missed).

Most of the time though (the most common and worst bug of all) thrown spears/javelins that you do pick up again simply disappear from your inventory. I went from 10 spears down to 5 even though I picked up 4 of the thrown spears during battle. 1 got lost, the 4 I picked up disappeared.

And even worse. Having picked up a spear, seeing it in the inventory. And then placing it back into your stack on your hotbar also has the spears disappear :roll_eyes:

Feels like jumping through hoops to play with javs and wasted materials.

I would be ok with spears/javs that missed their target to disappear rather fast if the rest was at least working. I understand having too much clutter could impact performance. So can we at least fix spears that hit targets and even more so, picking them up and it actually counting as a pick up? And further still, after having picked them up, being able to toss them into the same stack without playing roulette for when they will get added or when they will just vanish?

(work around for re-stacking is to take the hotbar javs into your main inventory and then equip again… even this bugs out sometimes, although very very rarely).

I love playing with javelins and honestly, I feel like I am constantly being punished for my preference.

Other than that, patch looks great guys, looking forward to further testing things out. Thnx as always for the continued support and great work.

Spears were used too much in PvP, to the point it created a meta. This is not good for any game and something had to change.

All things are subjective, but how come you are using spear at all in solo content? I found it to be rather boring. Its only use I would say was for PvP mostly. Most other weapon combinations are much more fun to play with. (I assume you mean spear as in the two handed one right? not throwing spears and javs… I didnt notice javs get a nerf, if so, then yeah that sucks hard. Kinda adds even more grief then to my previous statement on playing with javs being a pain in my behind)

While I am on the subject of feedback and javelins. Pleaaaaase please pretty please please pleaaaaaaase add DLC javelins. PLEAAAASE! :rofl:

Love me the Aquilonian DLC in particular. And what is a Greek/Roman influence without throwing spears? :thinking:

The rest of the DLC’s too. Going by it with regards to cultural influences, the throwing spear was pretty much a staple. (Maybe not so much in the far east… but the rest of the cultures were greatly influenced by it)

1 Like

btw, this a new thing? never came across this item and ive been doing a fair amount of end game content on pve.

Wait, its a drop from certain bosses wasnt it?
Wait, I think I even have a few. Crap. Sorry I totally forgot.
So these can be consumed to get rid of corruption???

1 Like

The underwater dungeon is solo’able even without a thrall or cheesing it. Though I will say Half Child of Dagon took too long to kill mano o mano. High end, well geared thrall makes it trivial.

That said I haven’t tried the new dungeon yet. It may be a different story.

There are other sources of star metal in the game besides the meteors. Not as much of it of course but enough for the basics. As someone else said leaving the game running overnight or while you’re at work/school/whatever works too. A possible fix, assuming it doesn’t already work this way cause I don’t know, is for cumulative play time to eventually spawn a meteor shower.

Adapt and overcome or obsess about all the reasons why you think you can’t. Up to you.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Each to their own I guess, I always found the Greatswords to be the best for that. Uninterruptible attacks that totally reck shop. In my hands, the Spear was not as fun and harder to use with its stabbing heavy attacks.

Again, each to their own I guess.

Axe and Shield works wonders too for aoe.

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this, but I think star metal meteorites do not despawn. They remain in the game once they have dropped. Meaning, leaving the game on will allow you to come back to a larger number of them.

As for going solo/co-op. I strongly urge you to tweak your settings. You have the ability to do so, so go right for it. I think its a little backward playing on the normal settings since they are designed for online play in groups at their core.

Kind of the whole point behind going solo/co-op is creating settings that cater to it.

I had a pretty neat setup at some point I really enjoyed. Went for more realism. Longer days and stuff like that, longer respawn times for resources and thralls, slightly larger gathering output (1.9, so no double hands and heads and funky stuff), and damage outputs I increased all around (a little more on my end).

Made the game a little more hardcore and for my liking at least more engaging, and made boss fights a million times better. I wasnt sitting there for 30mins hitting one piece of geometry anymore.

Hits hurt me little more too so I lost more health, but for me at least this added to the survival/realism aspect and with end game gear it was more than balanced enough I think. (Think they were at 1.5 damage, and I was at 2? Not sure, I changed it again since then)

Ofc, totally agree. That is why I said “each to their own”. I think preference should come first. What you enjoy I mean. I was just curious why you play Spear, as I have seldom heard someone say they enjoy it other than its range and its aoe was seldom a factor too.

I love playing with the javs for example. Omg, are they buggy! At this point I think I should be running around with a stack of 100 to keep going into fights without worrying about the immersion breaking bug of picking up javelins and then having them vanish before my eyes in my inventory as I try to stack them together. Today even taking the hotbar javs into the main inventory made them vanish around 5 times in a row (which used to be rarer).

Yet I still play what I prefer, so I hear you.

@Ignasi

Saw the 6k health on the Bandit Leaders (but you forgot the Sep Captains, so there ! )

Regards

jim

Yeah true… I once got so annoyed from all the admin-spawns I was doing due to the fact that certain refresh-based things do not work like a normal server that I straight up deleted the game and started a new one.

Kind of defies the purpose of starting a game to play that game and get immersed when you are just spawning crap all the time. lol. Unless the whole point was to just have fun with building a “city” or something in mind.

Yes, It goes without say though that you are in the area when leaving the game on. Just make a small bedroll on a hilltop were no enemies can attack and bind it as spawn point. Throw a box next to it to toss your gear in (or turn drop gear off), then leave and come back when you are done :smiley:

Sure you will have died like 30 times. But respawning on the same spot and not losing any gear I think goes around this no? A small measure to keep some realism into the game without spawning items. Or just go godmode when leaving it online and afk. Then turn it off when you come back.

Meteors sure are a little annoying.

Im not sure if the resource respawn rate if it also applies to meteor showers. I assume not.

Good solution, Hazaron. I would like to add that since this is solo and designed for a constantly running server, I have absolutely no remorse about enabling god mode and going to sleep.

Regards

jim

1 Like

btw, on this. does anyone know how? are there lion cubs now? or do we purchase them somewhere??

Absolutely. Perfectly said.

1 Like

im only aware of 2 lion spots, one in savannah by highlands and another north of sepermeru towards green wall. Probably look for cubs

1 Like

This is really strange… On solo the single time I tried to do it the whole star metal mining the legit way, soon as I heard the meteors I searched (and I was quite far from them too) and sure enough I finally made my way to like 4 of them. I was in the area grinding, was able to catch the next shower while not afk and saw the direction of the meteors. Found like 6 to 7 of them on that second run.

Never tried it again since though tbh, and this was at least 3 to 4 patches ago. Maybe they broke something. lol.

yeah I was thinking of giving those spots a shot. might fire up a quick solo game and tp up there to check. thnx.

1 Like

Tried both spots. The Savanah didnt have anything.
The one north of Sepermeru though I got a couple.

At long last… Lions! :smiley:

1 Like

How are spears post patch? Any feedback?

Very very bad.