PC Patch 3.0.3 - Discussion Megathread

So why is there still such a high player count? Because pvp is accesible the second you log in. I havent played it much tbj, FPS is a turnoff, but what i did play was more engaging in about 4 weeks than my 4+ years of Conan pvpwise.

And Conan isnā€™t?

To be clear, I have a slight advantage in having played during two Release phases: Frozen North and exit from Early Access. The best PvP you could ever have was within two months of those dates, AND including Lost Souls. Just dust-ups as far as the eye can see.

Because itā€™s a finished game that says what it means and means what it says. Respectfully, Conan devs canā€™t pick a lane, stick with a decision, say ā€œthis is what we want from PvP.ā€ Because as theyā€™ve said, they paid no consideration to PvP during the gameā€™s development.

It isnā€™t boring for a lot of players who have bases all over various servers and are juggling them. It isnā€™t boring for my good faithful pal in AZ, who switches to Siptah to make things even spicier. It isnā€™t boring for me, when actual danger is about, and bad guys are just a login away from my having an actual fight. And finally, it isnā€™t when there are seven aligned solos scratching it out against all-comers including full clans, it can be an absolute blast.

Yeahā€¦I think this is the crux of so much frustration on the PVP servers. I just want to understand their vision when they put up ā€œPVPā€ā€¦was it just because of marketing insistence or was there some sort of idea in their head at what the ideal was when they opened the game up to building damage potential.

Because PvP puts butts in the seats. I said it before in a way that was considered non-inclusive, but my feeling is this: a lot of people think theyā€™re PvP. In fact, very few people Iā€™ve ever met on this long train are actual true PvP. Why do I say that? Because inevitably, everyoneā€™s feelings get hurt by being raided and bested.

Thatā€™s why this experience is so great, because it has room built in for this contingency: at its core, Conan is PvE. You can select how much you want to risk. It teaches you a lot, and it helps you understand weaknesses in your own playstyles. GTA V is an amazing experience, but itā€™s generic, and the only thing keeping you from fighting is the inherent risk of dropping your K/D. It can be paralyzing and humiliating for some.

In Rust, there is no disgrace. You build up as much as you want, and then you go for greener pastures.

Conan Exiles is a study of risk. This is why itā€™s so enticing, and why Pre-Event Log my spine tingled while Iā€™m out breaking black ice.

2 Likes

So a new 1.6gb update tonight and no patch notes>?
Can we please just give out information on patch notes on steam and here and any other social media, you have a history of not listing all the items you change in patch notes which does not help your relationship with your customers.
Please be better.

2 Likes

So far, it seems as though the games crashing more now. not less

1 Like

I decided to buy the battle pass last week. 3 days or so after I purchased it I stopped receiving the multipliers. Havenā€™t had any in the last 5 or 6 days. Hope this is fixed and the time gets extended to complete it.

1 Like