PC Post-Halloween Patch (07.11.2018)

Heh, that’s as plausible as anything else. In fact, that’s straight from the SOE / Daybreak playbook with “features” they’ve introduced into EverQuest. Hey, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature!

1 Like

There is absolutely no reason for what you are doing here, debating with Princess and Palm522, if you don’t agree with the change. You should be defending your (and ours) point of view (since you say you don’t agree with the change), not Funcom’s.
It’s not paranoia at all, Jens and Tascha are here reading the comments and already said they will pass them to the devs, so yes they read it.

Edit: Sorry, this was to Megatron238, not Skynny

Is there a secret handshake or a club song I should be singing too, to demonstrate my solidarity with your cause? It’s a game, the developers made a change that no one likes, moving along.

And by the way, they’ve already stated that they know this isn’t popular and they’re discussing “options”, whatever that may amount to.

1 Like

Not my cause, OUR cause.

Good grief. I’m done.

Finally.

@Tascha Please do not treat the community like they are idiots, call it what it is, a spaghetti code collateral that came with the patch and put it on your neverending bug list, with the emphasis on ‘your’, because ‘we’ still do not have one. Sorry for the negativity and the sting, but it’s not unwarranted. You are unable to fix many things reported by the community and yet you would be making this “fix/change” for the sake of what exactly? Common…

1 Like

Except that at level 20, you can’t actually use much of the high end materials you’d loot. Yay, I get a ton of star metal… that I can’t use for 40 levels.

My group played PVE-Fast for the entire early access period. Double XP and harvest, two week decay. Other than non decaying placeables and freely lootable stations, it was a building paradise. We made whole cities.

And then after launch, they turned PVE into such a grind fest that now, my clan is basically down to me and one who sometimes joins.

If they keep whittling away at PVE, they’re going to lose me too.

1 Like

are you unable to click on a link because it was already provided dozen of time : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2p8cu72e128R_8aeyexPSQ

and now there is unlimeted stamina glitch; so can pvp with unlimited stamina, good game if you like that.

Sigh… You play SP… Ofc it does…

1 Like

i personally wish you’d reset the code to pre halloween event and rethink whatever your intentions were with/for post halloween updates.

Nope, that would bug the wells again. They just need to revert this lootbag change.

A lot more going on than a lootbag issue… which i don’t really care about…

1 Like

Yes sure, it makes so much sense that it was on the top of their list… So much even they forgot to put it in the patch notes and so much even that the community managers did not know about it… sure…

3 Likes

Good old bug is coming back: flying over foundation, pls fix it

1 Like

I think he’s implying that the change wasn’t intentional, but rather the result of a bug, and now they are “retconning” the change to make it seem as if it was by design rather than accidental.

Personally, I think it’s just as plausible that they intended to make the change and are just absolutely horrible at communicating with one another. Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and so on.

Frankly, this “miscommunication” is too frequent to be a mistake.
The devs make a change that they know people will hate, and that change never shows up in a patch note.

Just look at the first Testlive version of the feeding system. That was not a mistake. A coder had to set those values to what they were- they didn’t just set them at random. Somebody thought those numbers were good, and someone else signed off on them. But they didn’t say a word about what those numbers were before it hit Testlive. It was only after the backlash that they changed it.

Re: XX_Unarmed items. @Jens_Erik
These items spawn in our thrall inventory and now we can not remove and discard them after Funcoms intended change. (I do appreciate that the change may have been necessary to address an exploit and that funcoms policy is to not be explicit about exploit fixes.)

They accumulate and take up space in the five allocated spaces in the fighter thralls…preventing us from adding food to them…also preventing the thralls from taking from the feed pot if the next available food item is not already in their inventory.

After this patch where we can not clear them, this bag has appeared in the inventory of two thralls where I have never seen it before (both wield their default sword and shield).

One thrall I have adds one of these bags to his inventory frequently…the last time I cleared him (about a month ago) I had to fully load my inventory and discard it over four times.

I suggest that you add a decay timer to these bags so they can not accumulate in the thrall inventory.

PS: edited in response to multigun’s query … playing on official PvE oceanic server.

1 Like

Running any mods? Just curious, as I think something like that will sometimes come up when you remove a mod that had modified or unique assets that the game can no longer access. Or a mod was deleted from the workshop, same thing. In any case, just thought I would clear that up whether it was mod related or not.

Sorry I usually specify… official PvE oceanic server. I’ll edit the other post to clarify.

1 Like