PC Update 2.4 Official Discussion Megathread

WOW 30,000 Dragonpowder!!!
Is that what it takes to wipe an entire server? So, how long will it take you to farm up 30,000 Dragonpowder? I guess it depends on whether or not you try to do it solo. So let’s say your whole clan helps out (all ten of you). 3k per clan member will probably take you the better part of a day, at least. But wait, you can’t transfer servers again yet, because Funcom put a cooldown on the transfers for PvP. Well, let’s pretend it’s only a 24hr cooldown for the sake of this narrative. Besides, after all the effort your clan has put into farming 30,000 Dragonpowder, I would say they’re entitled to cause some serious havoc.

However…

When you get to your new (target) server, while still scouting, 3 of your clan members get jumped by a previously established clan and lose their precious inventory. A few hours later, while still setting up your base, you get raided by another clan who just transferred into the server and had a similar goal. Your clan now makes a move to retaliate, however, you find that clan has moved your precious loot off server. This doesn’t sound like the end to me, sounds like the beginning of something great.

And so the cat and mouse game begins…Bring it.

Ark survival evolved is a sandbox pvp focused game with a lot more maps and servers with full inventory transfer and then some. It has a fairly healthy population and does just fine. I think Conan will be fine once the dust settles.

1 Like

Ark has a player base 5x larger than Conan, the PvP player base on Conan is a small number compared to PvE/RP/Single player. During raid hours almost every PvP server is dead. Its just bad game design to be able to farm up on dead servers, migrate to a populated server and wipe it. This game is already such a grind between getting good thralls (then leveling them up) farming, getting good weapon recipes etc.

The thought of doing all that when some dude can just farm god favour on a dead server, move to my server. shove an altar down infront of my house, and god me off the map isnt what i think of when i think of PvP.

There are so many restrictions that need to come in to TRY to balance this nightmare. I could get my clan mate to create a new char on a server, randomly appear on a server, raid someone, give my friend the loot and then have him transfer it off the server. GG the poor clan that just got (probably) offline raided.

Aside from that, its pretty borderline P2W if it goes through as they are describing. There are weapons and armours on Siptah that are just better than things you can get on Exiled Lands. Being able to farm up a bunch of weapons on a dead server then transferring to Exiled Lands and having an advantage because you bought a DLC is also bad game design.

Beastmaster Teimos is just a god of a thrall that deserves a huge nerf to damage and its leveling speed. Its so easy to farm and its so good that its just a bad idea not to get a box full of them to take with you to Siptah.

The special dogs of Siptah (Brutus, Aries, Tor etc) are also incredibly powerful and significantly stronger than any pet in Exiled Lands.

The feature is just a bad idea for PvP.

2 Likes

Well, I would make suggestions for PvP server transfers as PvP server transfers concept only. PvE, PvE-C and private should not have the same set up as PvP since we have less issues than PvP servers have.

Having separate rules seems fair to me.

I think none of the people who support this transfering loot from server to server have ever probably played pvp servers and dont understand that this would mean every pvp server will become even more dead than ever . There will be no such thing as pvp home servers meaning the only people playing servers will be server wiping and going from server to server just terrorizing people. I played as a server wiper and i see how drastic it would be for the community and would force 80% of pvp servers to move to pve-c / pve . The remaining 20% would just be server wipers who are looking to have wars and then transfer and hoard loot to random dead servers to hide it inside glitch underwater ice vaults where the loot will never be moved or taken from them because they are unable to be destroyed in the current version of the game . All of the casual pvp players will leave and have to go to pve servers :confused:

1 Like

I know this is going to sound stupid, but can someone explain to me how to do this?

I’ve tried every way I can think of to quick loot, and my gear never re-equips itself.

1 Like

It doesn’t work on a server only in single-player. They need to fix that first but basically walk to your body and press F :woman_shrugging:

As a note to resolve some confusion. This worked BRILLIANTLY on testlive and I loved it. I was disappointed to find that this didn’t seem to work in the live 2.4 patch. I guess something happened and the changes didn’t end up getting pushed into the release stream?

Ahh… so change probably did get pushed. I only tested TestLive in Single player. Please fix this as soon as possible FC, this is an AMAZING QoL addition. Also… thanks a ton for decreasing building piece crafting time and increasing elevator speeds. It’s literally saving my life… the maproom bug tho… that’s a BIG problem on officials ATM.

Did your weapons you were holding when dying end up still in your inventory? I got everything back except those ones. The hotbar left their place blank, but they are in my inventory.

Huh, interesting. I never encountered that problem on TestLive. When I tried it it put everything properly back on my hotbars.

Sorry, I didn’t say, it is present in live, I don’t have the testlive client.

I definitely see this as a problem as I am a slightly more casual PvP player. The only thing I would add though, is that I would go to an Unofficial PvP server, over going to PvE.

1 Like

yeah, but in Ark you can’t just go willy nilly to any server. It needs to be in the same cluster. Which means that you’re pretty much limited to a group of maps from one host. Comparing that to what Conan is putting together is basically apples and oranges. They are not the same.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think it’s apples to oranges. Besides that since the feature isn’t implemented yet we don’t know if it’s going to be limited to clusters or not. This would be a good time For us as a community to come together and let funcom know our thoughts on it in an orderly manner instead of making it a big ■■■■■■■ contest of who can spray farther.

1 Like

it is,.

conan implementation is different thatn ark, so yes it is indeed apples to oranges,

you will be able to move among any server , as long as you are following the rules, if you are on a pvp server you can move to pvp, to pve-c , pve, or unnoficial, (no restriction) now if you move to lets say a pve server, you cant move to a pve-c or back to pvp, only to pve , or unofficial , and if you move to unoficial, you will not be able to play ever again with that toon over official servers, (this illustrates what they want to accomplish)

funcom is NOT implementing a cluster like they did with ark,

what i do recommend is and i hope funcom is reading, to stablish a long (2 or 3 month cooldown) to switch to another server, so once transfer are enabled , you can link yourself to another server, in pve no need to set cooldowns for traveling between those servers that are already linked, but add a very long cooldown to switch already linked servers, so if you are lets say in 6157 to 1930 (both are pve servers) allow freedom of movement between the two, but if a player wants to move to another Exile land server or siptah server, he needs to wait for the long cooldown to go to 0 before he can switch one of the linked server into another one, this will allow free travel, but prevent abuses , i am not sure if its a good idea to allow transfer among the same type of map, (exiles land to exiles land) the purpose of the transfer is to allow people to play multiple maps, not the same one.

i will also recommend adding an additional tab to the event log, called Transfers ,that when consulted tells anyone on the server , where the new players come from, this information could be vital to avoid abuse specially over pvp servers, so you know where they come from. if player starts from scratch, no need to put a note in the log, but if it comes from another server, people should be able to see where they come from, (this will bring peace to player already in that server)

Maprooms no longer work? Well, I guess that’s one way to force people to play the DLC map. :grin:

2 Likes

The map thing is great, before they destroyed your base and then they take your map and go to their base.

1 Like

Except that it’s very common on PvE servers for people to openly share their map room for other players on the server to utilize. This feature is now gone.

2 Likes

I have this wild theory, so please indulge me and read all of it, no matter how insane it sounds at first, okay?

Maybe, just maybe, they made a mistake and inadvertently introduced a new bug. Crazy, right?

Here’s an even crazier one: maybe they’ll fix the bug and map rooms will go back to normal.

11 Likes