PC Update Age 1 Chapter 2 - Discussion Megathread

All the Witch event spawn spots is spawning on both map (Exiles and Siptah).

@Ignasi

I can’t find this in the patch notes, but a number of us had been given free access to some of the Chapter 1 battlepass/bazaar emotes, with this patch that access has seemingly been revoked.

Well, for me at least.

Thralls set to use those emotes are still able to use them however.

Yep no more new emotes, thralls are still using it. Well its not big deal anyways

I keep falling over bad pak files, 3rd time verifying files.

1 Like

Hey Ignasi, Ive just read through the patch notes and was hoping to find a fix for the issue on Isle of Siptah which causes maelstrom creatures to spawn constantly. Ive found as a temporary work around disabling the maelstrom helps with this but its obviously not ideal. I know this was on your list of known issues and was hoping that a fix would be applied in this update. Have you guys forgotten about it or is a fix still being worked on?

3 Likes

The update works great. Anyone knows where to find magi skul? I only find sorcerer skulls. :confused:

Encounters with a Sorcerer protected by a field/fence/etc. You kill the attendants, break the shield, kill the sorcerer and get a Magi skull from the end NPC.

2 Likes

Did they fix dynamic building damage? It’s been broken for months.

So they withheld the cool armor sets so they could try and get more money out of us
I got last seasons battle pass but this one is god awful! 2 sets of the worst looking armors out of the new ones! so much floor paint and ONE TIME USE spells in a bottle? you guys are turning into a company who does not play their own game and it shows. I honestly think your trying to kill the game at this point. There is absolutely no way you guys thought the player base would be okay with is is there? Oh don’t forget your extra 10$ for more building items for a set I ALREADY PURCHASED
 Predatory is the only word for this mess.

3 Likes

What does the fox say? :))

1 Like

Well i agree some rewards are feels like low effort fillers (wall paints, potions and etc.).
Golden reaver helmet? Just reskin for basic one, still no1 ever using it (too big even for male chars).
To many lvl wasted again, some of bazaar stuff should be really BP (like wall ivy and maze).
And 10 usd for building set (not full) are still too much.
As you ask me - 5 usd is more reasonable.

In the same time i really like new armor sets (fox!), animal skins and decor (Acheronian set OP).

1 Like

I think maybe it wasn’t broken. It just didn’t work how anyone expected. Now it works how people were expecting. . .

Maybe.

• Double jump bug, no fixed.
  • Replacing T1 door frame and fence foundation with T3 bug, no fixed.
  • Crafting queue bug, no fixed.

Was reading patch notes and found this gem. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello anyone cant join any server while using conan on xbox pass?

@Ignasi Hello Ignasi. I am curious what the team did with this patch that improved the performance so much. Previously I was not able to raise my shadows settings above low/medium.

I am currently able to raise my shadow settings to Cinematic and it has no negative impact on my FPS.

The game looks, and plays better all around, even with a settings (Shadows) that previously crippled my FPS.

Just curious, and pleased.

Thanks to whoever fixed that issue.

2 Likes

It has to do with the way patches are handled in Steam. I’m pulling from memory from when I looked into it ages ago, but basically it goes through a sequence like this: Download patch data, create copy of your old files, extract and modify copied files, copy modified files to overwrite old files, delete copy.

Depending on how those game files are archived, it could result in a small patch messing around with huge amounts of data. For example, years back Path of Exile was basically stored in one big file. So even for a 1MB patch, the update process would still copy and extract that big file and would result in having to shuffle about 70GB worth of data around your hard drive.

I imagine the same principle is happening here, where for example 100MB worth of data in the patch needs to go into a file that is 2 or 3GB in size. And since the patch is modifying multiple files, they quickly add up to about 80GB worth of data that needs copied and moved around.

1 Like

thank you for this well detailed text :slight_smile:

Thought I’d see some new cool spells available in Chapter 2. Are there any?

Thought I saw one possibility in the trailer, but nothing verified as far as I know.