People Can't farm, kill or do anything

Still having the same issue of not being able to harvest, kill, falling through floors etc
we just restarted cause of peeps falling through floors, stairs or dying when respawning (falling through floor to ur death after respawn).

We have 6 hourly restarts, we tried to ease the burden on server by having purge on 24hrs, that way peeps dont all come on at specified times to fight it. Kinda seems work, but we still get the bugs pop up now and then!

1 Like

We all have this problem for a long long time, funcom are a were of this problem and they fix the lag after death, very important fix, cannot play with all that lag after death.
Still cant harvest !!! On official pvp servers (this happens evrey day)

Once again 1822 is out due to this problem.

2 days every week for the last two weeks. Goes out for 12 or more hours at a time.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS?

All we need to fix it is a server reset? Your report system sucks. Everyone can report then log for the next day when the server resets since your admins do not respond.

Same thing on 1518 it varies when it starts non killing non harvesting last night it ran without it for 7hrs and tonight looks like 12hrs if it keeps going til 5am reset. I know at least 8 people including self reported it with report tool hours ago and no reset. This is like 4th day in row.

Good Morning everyone,

Thank you for your continued help with reports and feedback. Truly sorry you are still experiencing issues. We will definitely let the team know about the still persistant issues.

Regarding server reports:
Private Servers should be directly reported to G-Portal through the means they provided.
Official Servers should be reported through: https://goo.gl/Z2DxTj

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everybody,

We apologize for the frustrations this situation is causing. We are still investigating and it would be really helpful if you could send us your feedback, in particular:

• Which server are you experiencing this issue on?
  • When is it happening and in which timezone? (e.g 9pm EST)

Thank you for your patience and your feedback once again. :slight_smile:

Game mode: Online Official Server 1588 PVP
Type of issue: Performance, Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: America

People Can’t farm, kill or do anything. Hitting trees, rocks etc. yields nothing and NPCs and players are not taking any damage when attacked. Every player on Official Server 1588 is experiencing the same issue

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Try hitting any resource node with the appropriate tool and nothing happens
  2. Hit an NPC with any weapon and nothing happens
  3. Hit another player with any weapon and nothing happens
  4. Get hit by another player or NPC with any weapon and nothing happens

Yesteday, official 1059 pvp, since 18:00 TO ALL NIGHT, PEOPLE CAN’T PLAY!!! no harvest no kill
And all day with A LOT OF LAG!!!

Is it a joke? the gamers don’t report because funcom or/and gportal don’t move anything.
Never restart servers, gamers only have 1 option, change to other server or find other game.

I’m reporting server from firsts of the january, server never come back to work fine.

PVE-C
America
Perfomance Bug

The server was experiencing intermmitant no damage and no harvest all day was usually brief almost like what a lot of people call stutter when running but was effecting killing mobs first 2 hits no damage then would do damage then when harvesting corpse or nodes was same thing first hit or so nothing then would harvest.

As for No harvest time it has been random and usually just before pvp time at 5p est but last night happened approx. 5:20p est and was persistant until server reset which is about 5:15 which is usually what happens on regular basis lately.

The server is a easteren time zone server I think based in Canada.

Hope any of this helps.

And YES it effected everyone on server the whole time and most used the report tool thenlogged back into game hoping it would get a reset.

1 Like

In our case, we host our own game on our own server, not rented. It is a vanilla setup, no mods, PvE-C with PvP permitted between 6pm & 11pm (GMT UK) every day. Purges are set to Lv6, 24hrs and if one or more players in the clan are online (1). Our server is loaded using your dedicated server tool V1.0.17 and auto reboots at 3pm every day.

Personally, I’ve not bothered playing this game for many months due to all the issues, favoring games which I can see moving forward, so the info Im giving here is second hand from the few active players on my server. They report to me:

1, Doesn’t seem to matter how many people are playing on the server, its happened with just 2 players connected.

2, Whilst it’s more common to happen in the evenings, it has been seen to occur at random times during the day too.

3, Purges are working correctly as far as they can tell in that they happen, mobs arrive, they kill the mobs and the event ends. I’ve not seen the quality of their Purges nor do I know their locations. I can say however that the players don’t believe the Purge is the cause.

4, No Gods have been used, they are generally a peaceful bunch who enjoy building and the dungeons.

5, We currently have one active Admin who logs in on a Sunday to place a few items for a hide and seek event, other than this, no Admin/Creative built structures or spawns.

6, The server reports suggest that the game is only using 5-15% CPU (mosting staying around the 7% mark) and using 8GB RAM as a norm. The files live in an SSD drive, not mirrored, raided or clustered. Its hosted on a Windows 2012 Essentials server. At the time of trouble, the cpu usage does not increase or fall but the RAM usage will often creep up to 9-10GB (once or twice hitting 13GB) Ther server has 24GB of RAM and doesn’t run any other program or host any other game.

7, Rebooting the game/server (not rebooting Windows) will always resolve the issue.

8, We run the DB maintenance tool supplied at each manual reboot, even though its set to run this script at start up in the launch tool program, it never does run it!

9, When the server is running, all players report the server to be “great, much better performance than the official servers” (their words)

10, When the problem starts, it effects every player on the server. Players have tried logging off, verifying their files, even reloading the entire game on their PC, none say this helps as they reconnect and have the same experience. The issue is definitely in the server somewhere.

11, They report that everything will be working just fine then all of a sudden they start getting issues like not being able to open their doors, cant access the inventory of any workstation, can’t harvest, rubber banding repeatedly if running and their characters falling into their foundations as if the foundation wasn’t there. Mobs can’t be killed or delt any damage.

12, This hasn’t happened on our server since the last time I reported it, 2 nights ago I think but has happened since the last patch and many times before.

13, I’ve only seen this issue happen once per day at most, I would suggest 4-6 times per week at it’s worse, twice a week at best. It last until I reboot then goes away until the next time.

14, Our server DB stays around the 220MB size, creeps up a little but when I run the clean tool it will reduce by 10-20mb normally.

The server is clearly having an issue processing something. It’s not huge buildings, the purge or Gods causing it. I don’t think it’s a DDOS attack as someone mentioned here as we host other games on other servers which all connect through the same WAN IP and these games are not having any issues for players.

We would happily run any scripts to gather/monitor data if you need, you’re welcome to a copy of our DB, hell, your devs can have access to the server if that would help. Ultimately, players are leaving in droves, losing all faith in Funcom as a developer and if you don’t do something GREAT very soon, players will move on and never come back. I give this game until Easter, if the issues aren’t resolved, I’ll be closing down my Conan server and repurposing it to host another game.

As players and fans of Conan in general, we had hoped that this game was going to be so great, the plan FC pushed at the start of EA looked like a game I’d like to play for the next 10 years+ but IMO ever since you introduced 3rd person fighting, the game has been sliding down a slippery slope. Get it fixed soon guy’s or just give up.

I also wanted to mention that I will NOT be buying “Conan Unconquered” as I suspect that many of Conan Exiles dev team have been moved over to work on that and this project dropped like a hot potato. This is a shame as it reminds me of Age of Empires II which I did play for over 10 years because I love that type of game play. I won’t be tricked into buying it until I see 5* glowing reports in Steam thats for sure.

I don’t mean to sound salty, I’m really not, I’ve had 1800 hrs in this game and enjoyed it and for this alone, I congratulate your team and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the gaming experience I’ve had and the friends I’ve made, but there comes a point were as a player when you can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. From this side of the fence, it really looks like the game will never be fixed.

Your worst move was to come out of Early Access! If you had still been in EA, the players would have been so much more understanding and forgiving. Once you release it as a product at full retail price, EVERYONE expects it to work as intended. In EA, you had the freedom and time to develop it properly, now the finance team just want to limit further expense and development as they’ve already got the cream.

EDIT: Added No.13 & 14

EDIT: A comment just in from another player on my server which contradicts my post: they said:
“maybe there are some bugs with the purge… they occur ,but couldn’t find them… after some minutes, it automatically shows purge defeated from last two purges”

3 Likes

Lot of good info there I’m sure, thanks PitMonk.

While you are within your right to choose how and where to spend your money, the above is incorrect. It’s been covered a lot since Conan Unqonqured was announced, but Petroglyph is the one developing the game, with publisher funds provided by Funcom. Here’s the company whose working on Conan Unconqured. Steam Page Link and Website Link.

Here’s Tascha’s official responses on the matter:

There’s twitter responses as well:

https://twitter.com/funcom/status/1071484288187723776

If Publisher vs Developer confuses you, a quick google search can help break it down, but here is just one of many articles on the differences. Or if Wiki is a preference, here’s that too.

1 Like

And this part is ok? Weren’t FC in debt before CE? so maybe it should read “with publisher funds provided by Conan DLC investment money”. You/they might be correct with those posts, but I still think that we’ve been left out to dry whilst they enjoy their profits. I appreciate your reply. And I know the difference, but it’s still money they’ve earned by promising us a great game being invested into another game rather than being used to finish this one.

I bet you the CE dev team is much smaller now than it was 9 months ago.

Seriously, do you guys even look at the server report tool? It’s been hours of prime time now and the official server 1823 still hasn’t been fixed. Is there any mechanism of engaging with your community that actually works?

The server report tool is handled by G-Portal.

Please everyone, we understand this is a frustrating situation for everybody but please keep this thread on topic.
Thanks @PitMonk for the useful bits of constructive information, we’ll send them to our team.

1 Like

**Game mode: Online official
**Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
**Region: 1100

Fighting or farming is again not pissible, plz fix fast

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Hello !

The server 1059 isnt working, cant harvest anything, and cannot do any ddamage to players or NPCs! Needs reboot/restart

Papa Bear

this always happen every time we try to raid chinese clan on the old server i play

yes, we want play and we can not :frowning:

Are there any list with our request? we have dude that g-portal have a working path after receive our forms filled.

I was under the impression that official servers are handled by a Google Docs form (of all things). As for staying on topic, I would gladly do so if I also had a place to report that people who are supposed to be handling the server reports are not doing it. Just point me to the correct forum and I’ll happily scamper over there to complain.

I’m not the only one who has been complaining in this topic about how official servers stay unplayable for hours, despite the numerous reports by affected players, without anyone bothering to just reboot the server. So yeah, should we open another topic for that?

1 Like

Where do we report that the server report tool doesn’t seem to work?

PVP
Europe
Dysfunctional Reporting Tool

Harvesting/Mining no longer works. Reports sent using the official G Portal tool does not result in server restart after 48 hours. (Or does without me knowing and without fixing the issue).