Perfomance Issues - When will they finally be fixed?

Finally we have now a thread about this

Thanks to all Dev and Teams for the efforts done and also understanding our frustration.

Please keep the momentum and share weekly update feedback for PS4

1 Like

It would be fun if Sony itself got into this “fight” arguing with money. Since Funcom obviously failed to sell a “really” complete and stable game, it would be interesting (and educational) to see Sony give a fixed deadline for the game to receive the update it “requires.” If they did not fulfill their part by the date mentioned, the game would be withdrawn from the PSN Store so as not to deceive or frustrate other future victims… or rather players. I would say that this procedure is fair and reasonable under the circumstances.

And no, Funcom would be doing nothing more than its own obligation to “fix” the product itself. Of course, this kind of intervention should serve as a standard for any developer, not just Funcom.

Ahhh, the clock does not stop…

2 Likes

Kind of how Apple store does to its apps… they do not meet certain standards, they’re out. But I don’t think Sony will set this precedent.

1 Like

Wouldn’t help people that bought the disc. But might hurt future sales

1 Like

I know that none of this is going to happen, but unfortunately I believe that in many ways the gaming industry understands only one language: money. I’m pretty sure that Funcom would feel far more “motivated” to find fix their own “investment” if finances were at stake.

It is possible to create categories to theoretically help the respective platforms, write reports on “progress”, but I am skeptical and pragmatic. There are no isolated “texts” that will reverse this and, to my knowledge, there is no guarantee that this initiative will be effective in the short term. If Funcom wants to prove me wrong, perfect! But if there was a definite date to solve this mess, I would be calmer in the future, as Funcom would have to explain itself to the public by the end of the deadline. I’d rather give weeks for someone to show me concrete results than receive vague promises and theoretical progress reports.

It is sad and disappointing to think that the player has the option of being patient when being made a fool.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would not mind seeing it affect the physical media and even offer a refund for the “buggy partial game”.

2 Likes

Really. I want it all fixed. But I am starting to have my doubts. I think I am about to start reaching out to people in the business and see there ideas. I really do not want to start contacting publications on the issues but that is the next step. If enough people start talking about it then maybe it is fixed or refunds are issued.

1 Like

I will go so far as to say that testlive does have a lot of changes on it. I still don’t believe the ‘500 fix’ hype. But they’ve been adding since the initial notes posting. I’m giving them until this patch… If this isn’t a significant improvement, I’m out as well.

I’d like to see this game improve. I see a lot of potential here, but we seem to be getting drowned out by the people who will adamantly defend this developer no matter what they do. They’re working on it, I realize… But this time table they’re on is ridiculous. You can’t leave a game in this day in this state and just keep players hanging. It just doesn’t work that way.

2 Likes

I fully understand. I would rather be playing the game in peace rather than participating in the forum, but I was “forced” to protest and give up everything. Lol. In no way do I intend to “sabotage” Funcum’s work, but rather to make a constructive and just criticism. I bought something that has potential, but I will not be condescending with a developer who launched the product in a troublesome state KNOWING that this would generate future problems.

Currently I am not at all confident with the “necessary” or “adequate” time for the game to finally be fixed and to acquire the “remaining content” (if that is going to happen). And it’s important that the player is aware of what Funcom is offering in practice in terms of concrete improvements. In practice, the consumer is paying more expensive than the “actual price” suggests. And as Funcom’s “customer”, it’s important to be vigilant and charge for something that “still” has not been delivered. In my view, waiting quiet for “indeterminate” time is very convenient for Funcom.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, not matter how loud our justified cries of outrage become, it seems like we might as well stay silent, but no way am I gonna do that. New buyers need to be aware of what they are coming into. And I’m not a person who usually joins forums for games, I may have done it once before this in my life as a gamer, and that was out of genuine love and interest for the game. But joining the forums here was out of pure outrage and the devs need to know how badly they have screwed the pooch, whether they respond or not.

I want them to keep working, the game has a lot of potential and even before they broke it was buggy as hell but still fun. I want them to fix the game and to shake and sweat every time they release a patch from here on out either for working hard to make sure they have done due service to the game and players, or out of fear of public outcry.

2 Likes

Amen to that. It is our legitimate right as a consumer and Funcom can reverse this situation… provided that it happens in a timely manner. I need to see it to believe it.

2 Likes

Well, I have a digital copy, but it’d be interesting to go into a brick-and-mortar gaming store and look in the famed discounted bin and see how much for a physical copy of this game goes for. Especially for a console.

2 Likes

Jokes on me. I also have a digital copy, but I know that in my country we pay absurdity for any games, because the corrupt government loves to collect taxes and exploit the people. And this cost is passed on to consumers.

3 Likes