Performance issues Feedback thread - Stuttering, lag

This is odd, because since last small fix, my lag on death is back. Also performance lowered a bit regarding stuttering.

I actually did the same thing and the freezing is pretty much gone

2 Likes

I also get this issue and when i alt tab out the game, it stops responding

AMD? Alternatively, playing in Window Fullscreen might fix that problem. I do believe the problem is unrelated to the stuttering issue though.

This is releated to a realtek sound problem if you search for the amd fix in the forums you will find the fix , but its a shame for funcom that they stated in there own forums ages ago that they will fix this and nothing happend since then.

Ok, so my lag on death was a bug that just got hotfixed. Performance is back to normal, still stuttering while playing, but better than before I did the parameters change in the Garbagecollection settings in ini file. Waiting for the performance improvememts in next announced patch.

1 Like

Hey everybody,

We added a fix to the “death lag” issue in our latest hotfix following our community’s feedback. Could you confirm if this has fixed this problem for you?
We are still working on additional improvements for performance, but this was the first step towards that objective.
Thanks everybody for sharing your feedback with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Death lag spike with this patch is completely gone. Even better than with the garbage collection tweak I’ve been using. Fantastic work!

2 Likes

Haha I think I might actually be a bit more keen on dying now. That hitch, amirite? :smiley:

Confirmation! :sunny:

2 Likes

I dont know about his death lag, but a guy I started to play with just recently experiences even more fps drops now. He then checked out said workaround and is totally happy now. He doesnt know about it but uses the same grafics card as me - gtx 960. Each one with 2gb vram. Me low settings, him medium to high.

I didnt check it out for myself yet though.

1 Like

Lag on death seems gone yes, thanks!. I would advise everyone to try the fix in Grabagecollector, it does help reduce stuttering, at least for some of us.

“Some” seems a tad underestimating. So far the sole ones whom it didnt help at my end are the ones who dont want to mess with their data or see no need to try it.

@Ignasi (and everyone else)
What exactly happens regarding the garbage collector if vram is full?
Because when that guy finally spouted it out, yet someone else told him to lower his texture quality.
Because minimum would already use up 1,8gb vram.
What happens once vram hits the limit? I kind of doubt it, as it is/was certain areas in which fps drops are being experienced, but… why not check it?

So, I read through the post, and I thought maybe I could provide some input since I am facing the same issue. Here are my system specs:

I7 950 (old, yes, but still PLENTY good enough to play most games)
12 gigs DDR3 1600
Samsung Evo 850 SSD (conan exiles literally has it’s own SSD)
RX 570

So, first things first., I am playing offline/singleplayer. here is what I experienced:

severe stuttering every couple of seconds, regardless of area or how long I was playing, also regardless of graphical settings.

Secondly, here is what I noticed about my system during the stuttering:

None of my system resources were being pushed to the max, so it is unlikely to be a system bottleneck. My CPU was bouncing between 35 and 50% usage, usually hovering around 40%. My RAM was not an issue at all, hovering around 6 gigs-ish. I originally thought it was storage related as I used to have it on a 2Tb hard drive with the rest of my steam games, but the stuttering persisted even after moving conan to it’s own SSD with literally nothing else on it. As for my graphics card, it was hovering around 75-80% for both high and low settings (going from high to low only seems to affect CPU and VRAM usage).

I saw that the devs wanted detailed gameplay footage with “stat unitgraph” enabled, so I recorded some footage with OBS, making sure to have “stat unitgraph” enabled. to show my system utilization, I also had taskmanager open on the side on the “performance” tab, showing my system usage. I have uploaded the video to youtube, please let me know if you want any more information, I am happy to help in any way I can! Hopefully this will be an easy issue to pinpoint and fix!

As a side note: I tried this on a different computer with an i5 2500K @ 4.0 ghz, 8 gigs of DDR3 1866, a dedicated SSD for conan and a GTX 1050 ti as the graphics card, and I saw the exact same stuttering issue. If required, I can record footage from that PC as well.

I am unsure of how to upload video here, when I try to upload the video it simply tells me it accepts images only. Since I do not know how to upload the video, here is a link (broken up to get it past the uploading rules) to the youtube video

if someone could kindly tell me how to upload the video to the comment I would greatly appreciate it!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do that, Kitsep. I’ve just watched the video. Exactly the same issues I’m having. I monitored my cpu using Process Lasso and got the same results as you. Its clearly not an issue with our PC performance.

2 Likes

It would seem that the user Multigun found a fix to this already, and all of us somehow missed it (probably due to the dozens of “me too” comments after his workaround)

Here is a video showing his workaround functioning perfectly, all credit to him!

The fix:

Navigate to - Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles Client\ConanSandbox\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

Find the section, /Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings

Change gc.BlueprintClusteringEnabled=True to gc.BlueprintClusteringEnabled=False

the video showing it working (broken up because links are not allowed):

https www youtube com/watch?v=WOz2fSYB_u8&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

I’ve added your links to be helpful.

Before:

After:

My original post Kitsep references

And a couple of Ignasis comments on Funcoms commitment and current action working on the problem:

2 Likes

Hey there,

Quick update: since this thread has received many messages and most of the important/useful information has been buried deep beneath, we have changed the initial post to reflect any important details and developments so new players can get a better grasp of what’s going on, while also making it easier to access to those of you who keep coming back with new feedback or details.
Thanks again everybody for your patience and help.

1 Like

I’ll link here an other tread posted appart.

And yes, the problem is real, and i think it’s going on since release. It has just becoming more and more noticable to the player-base, dependeding your connection/own pc confic and else.

Like said in other post, pc config has few or nothing to do here. I upgraded my gpu to a new hight-end one, no change when it comes to these lag and stuttering problems.

**Game mode: [Single-player]
**Type of issue: [Performance]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [Europe]

[Describe the bug here]

Since about three months, and especially since a certain update, I have problems of performances with the game, i have more slowdowns.

My setup is average, although normally enough to play with games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey in ultra or other games, and before I could play Conan Exiles without a slowdown, but things have changed and I have problems with this game, especially slowdowns.

(i5 6500 3.2 GHz, GTX 1060 OC V1 and 16 Gb Ram, Windows 7)

And I think it comes from an update, like that of pets.

I play Conan Exiles for over a year, and the graphics at the lowest, do not change anything.

Je précise que je suis Français et que ma langue américaine/ anglaise laisse un peu à désirer, mais je fait de mon mieux pour être compréhensible, et juste pour dire, que je n’ai pas de problèmes de ralentissements avec les autres jeux que j’utilise comme Far Cry Primal ou Assassin’s Creed Oddyssey qui passe sans ralentissements avec les réglages quasiment au maximum.

Merci à vous, pour les réponses que vous m’apporterez.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. The bogue it’s a performance problem that appears in some areas, so it’s not hard to see.
  2. " Between the Black Galley and Savanah for Slowdowns "

my game is fluid now, thanks Funcom for your updates my problem is solved.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.