Performance issues Feedback thread - Stuttering, lag

It has changed nothing for the better that I can see - very sad about that, but I am hopeful the devs will continue tracking this issue down and solve it. I’d be happy to give any devs access to my server to run tests if it helps in any way. I can’t imagine none of their clients have these huge lag spikes after the patch. If so, what is so different between our systems? My lags happen on single player and dedicated server, so it sure doesn’t appear to be the cause of the server hardware. I check the performance graphs on my server and there isn’t a blip on any metric, when the spikes happen. Same goes for my client machine. So whatever the code is doing that causes the lags, it isn’t doing it because of hardware bottlenecks.

I’m in the same place doing the same thing as yesterday, farming T4s.

Although I still experience stutter, it seems to have lessened in duration, but not in frequency.

I have not and do not experience rubberbanding, as others are suffering from.

The stutter is as frequent as before but does not last a half second+ anymore.

I realize this is very subjective, but hope it helps. I’m glad you mentioned “stat unitgraph”; I could not find the command yesterday or I would have data to compare. Now I can.

Is there a secondary command, or modifier, to slow the graph rate down?

Single player, PC in house, no mods.

I bought the new DLC but I would return it and pay $20 dollars just to have this pointless/horrible patch reverted

STILL STUTTERING

From experience over the years with games like these, the big cumulative patches that touch many aspects of the game are the rockiest of roll-outs. 30+ new changes get introduced all at once. It is literally the equivalent of adding 30 new mods at the same time. The different combinations of what might be wrong are a nightmare to track down. What helps one client will break another client. I’d much rather see patches come out weekly, one change at a time. That way an emergency rollback is so much less catastrophic to the player base and modding community.

I worked in IT for 30 years and I was usually in the loop on what changes were being made to the products we sold. As a game consumer, being in the dark is very challenging.

One thing I wish was available to game consumers, that is STANDARD practice in the IT consumer world is a choice. Choice of which version to use. Choice of when to roll out the newest version. Ability to revert back to an older compatible version, should the new version break something. As much as I like many of the new changes from the big patch last week, I’d take a rollback to the older release, to make game play fun again.

I don’t fault Funcom. They aren’t doing things any differently than other game companies. In fact, they seem very involved with the community and that is a huge plus for them. So many games I’ve played have zero concern for the community. They do their own thing their own way and the only time you know something is changing is when you get notice of a download update for the game. Here, I talk to Funcom employees and they respond. Here they actively try and find solutions to game issues.

Is there a way for me to choose the pre patch and I just don’t know it? I know I can prevent my dedicated server from auto downloading the latest patches, but I really like getting my hands on the new features, so I don’t use that setting. But having an option to roll back would be really useful, when gameplay take a bad turn.

4 Likes

Here is another video with the graph too, with a new character in the starting zone. You can see a spike right at the beginning. It gets worse in some areas as mentioned by others.

Even if it’s not computer related here are my specs :

GTX 1080
i7 7770
16GB ram DDR4
SSD Samsung 850 EVO
Windows 10

3 Likes

yep exaclty the same even after the hotfix patch

BUMP. Issue not resolved.

They’re on vacation for the holidays, not gonna be fixed now. But keep this thread alive or it’ll be deleted in 7 days.

Hmm, not yet they aren’t. Well some of them are, but there are some brave Funcom employee’s staying behind long enough to try and get us a testlive update with some fun stuff to try. I’m curious to see if the performance patch that impacts how buildings load will have any improvements on the stuttering.

I have the impression that it’s better, but not totally solved. The hiccups seem rarer, but are definitely still occurring from time to time.

I’m pretty sure mine is worse. The newest testlive doesn’t seem to fix it, either.

Help! This needs attention!

I didn’t play a lot, but I didn’t have a freeze since December 20 (that is, before the patch)

Still getting stutters in single player.

Single player
No mods
No bldgs

I only watched part of your footage, but this is what I meant by better, but not totally solved. There are still severe stutters in some circumstances, like at the beginning of the first video. But then you go quite a long time without any visible stutter. Before the patch these were much more frequent ( at least on my system).

I have recorded a video of me having the stuttering but also the extreme FPS drop/loss during a death, this happens on EVERY death from any enemy.

Video uses the stat unitgraph (its currently uploading goive it 10 minutes from post time and it should be okay)

im, unable to post links so please just remove the space from the link below for the actual link >.<

ht tps://youtu.be/XfOa2fWEYY8

Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit, Version 1803, OSBuild 17134.472
i7 950 @ 3.20
24Gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6Gig ROG Strix
Direct X Runtime Version 12.0

1 Like

Here i linked the vid.

2 Likes

thank you

1 Like

Serious question, from someone that only started a couple weeks before the big patch: Is the big lag spike at death something new? I’ve always had it since starting the game, so I never considered the patch to have had any impact on it. I just figured it was the game pausing to take a snapshot of all inventory or something, in prep for dropping all our gear on death? Was death ever a quick process before?

yes this is new to me, i havent played for a while (about 6 months) and never had the death lag before, or the fps drop thats happening now, but i played on a AMD HD 7850 last time i played and although all my settings were low it was never as bad as it is now.

i saved up for a new gfx card and decided to give conan exiles another go because the game is amazing. but i cant play like it is now and so ill wait till its fixed :frowning: back to scum for now.