Performance issues since last patch

We are making sure that the rest of the hotfix works as well before finishing the build. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So will this be addressing the first performance drop from the 2.2 update, or the added massive performance hit from the patch 8hrs ago, or both (Hope it’s both)?

There’s been no patch today or this week. This addresses the performance issues introduced in 2.2.

1 Like

Thanks, hopefully I havent had any issues so far smile7

Yes I understand, but I mean that u could push out the performance fix first and not together with the hotfix. Since performance is pretty important. And has been for a while.

Thank you for working on this and keeping us updated. Could you please clarify your last message? Do you mean that there is no patch today or this week that addresses the performance issues introduced in 2.2, but it will be coming later? Or do you mean that the issues have been somehow addressed, therefore no patch is coming? Thanks

@Dvaidp According to the heads-up given to the mod authors, there is a hotfix scheduled for next week, all going well.

1 Like

Thanks for making this a priority! I know we all appreciate your hard work on this matter!

1 Like

Awesome, appreciate the work you guys do.

1 Like

I have the same problem, since the last update the game is practically unplayable, in a normal game “vanilla” it goes wrong, but in my game with mods it is horrible, you can’t and it doesn’t matter if I go from ultra to low, it’s still the same, the workload of my graphics card rises to 100%, my team is the following and the worst thing is that I have a series on youtube and I had to leave it for the moment because it is impossible and if it is true, in my base unplayable and with my thrall gets even worse, nothing can be done.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram 16.0GB
GTX 1660 S 6GB

I’m starting to suspect that mods - building/decorations mods in particular, that add items and icons and textures to the game - can cause the game hit a point where the client just… kind of can’t handle it well any more, and so it just stops loading things - causing them to need to be spontaneously loaded later - or loads low-res only on a lot of things.

I’m thinking you don’t really see this on official, because official content, even with all DLCs, doesn’t hit this soft tech/memory/cache limit - like, they test their official content and it’s within parameters - but mods can go over it, then you start to see these issues. So “we support mods”, but then mods receive the blame when things run like crap. Like, sure, it is mods that put it over, but it’s because the engine isn’t handling things well…

That’s pure anecdotal/intuitive hypothesis, though.

Just to confirm, there’s a hotfix scheduled for this week (current ETA is “early this week”) with a fix addressing these performance problems.
This hotfix is currently being tested. Despite the frustration the performance issues are already causing, please allow us some time to test and verify the hotfix before releasing to ensure it is delivered without causing further issues.

5 Likes

Any chance for it to drop today? I’d love to spend play this week before I go for a while.

its using the HD 100% somehow at every move after the last update and seems like thats causing the lag.

Hey all,

The performance fixes have now been released as part of 2.2.1.
Thanks for your patience and feedback.

7 Likes

Thank you very much! Game is running fine now! I am curious as to what caused it. Was it a memory leak with building pieces?

Thanks for the progress updates, and quick resolution. I appreciate the transparency and diligent work!

Absolutely. I thoroughly support an extended and robust QA experience if it is catching and contributing to resolution of issues. (Else, what are you even doing?)

1 Like

I know you mainly have to listen to complaints, so I thought I’d spend a little time thanking you.

This was a real issue and was taken seriously by the Funcom team. I know it seemed like a long time to fix for those of us playing the game, but as a commercial developer myself, its remarkable that you worked this through, tested and pushed to fix in 12 days. Thanks so much to the Funcom team for making a great game better.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.