Pick a lane Funcom, because the multiple ones you are driving in are full of pot holes

, ,

I have always thought, since the beginning of early access, that this game wants to cover so many aspects and be so ambitious that it’s failing. My thought has again always been, that this kind of “sandbox game” is too much to cope for, for a company as Funcom. Even so, I’ve played almost every day since day one, love the game, and put up with all the bugs, patches, breaks with patches, etc, etc… AND, will continue playing, just beacuse of the community I found, the people in game that make the gaming experience for me more than hack and slash, it’s talk, friendship, fun, and lot more things. If it wasn’t for that, I’d probably had quit way back when patches breaking things started rolling.

One thing that keeps me puzzled is, the huge number of updates and patches this game has had so far, like… 50 or so?. A well made game shouldn’t be needing so many patches and fixes. I mean, it’s not bad, but shows that this concept kind of game is not an easy one to develop, and a gaming company definetly seems to need a lot more resources and personnel to get it straight from the start. Again, I think this game is… how to say it, too much for them.

PS: I am at the point where I just wish they fixed the bugs and don’t bring any new content. Oils, dlcs… you name it. I just don’t want that right now, I’d rather have a fully functional game (moreso considering the patch brought new bugs, go figure).

I am losing faith in the company. They promise Necromancer and Lichdeom. We don’t have sorcery. I suggest they stay away from consoles and stick to what system they are good at. PC! I plan to never ever buy another Funcom game again. I feel like an idiot for paying $65 dollars. In the end I didn’t get my money worth.

I’d love to see them focus on the building, Tactical MO, RP and Survival aspects. The RP can have the Army part built in to an extent.

I think it’s very difficult to focus on those aspects and also appeal to the PvP crowd. Honestly, I think focusing on PvP or PvE as an item is a hard approach, either group is historically impossible to please. Rather focus on gameplay aspects that may or may not please either crowd. PvP vs PvE is a losing game for everyone, refine aspects that both sides enjoy.

And Bryan, be honest, you had ample reason to feel that way long before you dropped $65.

1 Like

You know Barnes the addition of more sliders would solve sooo many problems, and go a long way towards reducing the in fighting between the modes. It is as I said before, give us the resources to solve our own problems and many of us will glady do so.

1 Like

Mods do, well, they try, sadly only for pc users.

Mods are great…until a patch comes out. Then you have to have the modder (an unpaid person who does it solely for passion) update and test patch. The base game needs attention. modding should just be something that accentuates, not sells the game.

2 Likes

First single player goes away, now pure PVE.
Single player as you can solo the entire game.
We cant even go where we used to solo.

We thought this was a conan survival MMO. It was when it started.
It is way easier, but do nto blame FUncom, they do what every other developer does,
pander to the young PvP crowd.
Yet game after game fails from low population (like AoC) after the gankers have had their way with it. History continues to repeat itself.

No, BLAME them. Blame their poor management which many ex-workers also criticised.

The devs & designer only do the things, they manager tell them. Like adding items with one patch and destroy them in the next patch (Sobek, Annihilator) or make changes no one understand why (blackice for hardened steel)…

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen in quite a few businesses. Pretty damn good workers with really bad awful managers, which waste the potential of the workers and frustrate their awesome ideas and work. I just hope this is not the case.

Unfortunately that is the catch 22 for me miodeleo. I am a ps4 player, so no mod capabilities. Such a shame too, as some of them look downright awesome.

Nice very Nice

With regards to PvP, try bringing a knife to a gun fight and see how you make out.

Try changing your single player game difficulty.

1. PVP–If the game is going to be PVP, then you will have to balance the combat for PVP. You will never be able to balance PVE combat and PVP. Just not possible. Pick one.

You can do both. Just TEST STUFF PROPERLY.

1. Tactical MO–The siege and raiding is right now just troll war fare. It is very…and I mean very…rare that you get an actual siege fight between clans. The only tactical planning is to offline raid, and which base and which clan. Then wipe it. No tactical usage of materials to insure maximum damage, as any decent clan can offline wipe a majority of bases. The ones that can’t are cheesy Tower builds that defy physics all together.

Siege fights ?
LOL you’re playing the wrong server mate, if two big clans fight eatchother it can take ages to raid, depending on the base location.
If you’re thinking it is very… VERY rare to see a siege fight youre just playing on the wrong servers.

Try Battleborn, Empire Gaming, The Void or some Officials ( All servers dead because of WoW Classic and Funcom’s masterpiece of patch).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.