Picking up a bedroll crashes the client

Platform: PC
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Online Private and Single player
Server Type: PVE
Map: Exile Lands
Server Name: Local Dedicated and Single player
Mods: Several mods on dedicated server, retested in single player with no mods

Attempting to pick up a bed roll causes the client to crash (seems to crash when trying to bring up the radial menu)

Found while playing on a local dedicated server with some mods and confirmed in singleplayer with no mods

Hello there @Yasma and welcome back to the forums!

Thank you for taking the time to report this situation to us.

Could you disable all mods, attempt to verify files, and test again?

Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp] [Line: 1137]
Failed to find function GetBuildableObjectName in SurvivalFunctionLibrary_C /Game/Characters/SurvivalFunctionLibrary.Default__SurvivalFunctionLibrary_C

!0x0000000000000000

(error is taken from modded ) but this crash happens also other modes like singleplayer

that thing is happening any mode… u cant hold E on any of structures to pick them up or move or dismantle

Also tested on tanners bench

edit line after 2 errors : officials seems now ok… can hold e on tanner bench…

Modded servers : Fatal error
Singleplayer (no-mod) : Fatal error
Co-Op : 1 fatal on pickup but not again
Official : 2 Fatal errors on trying to pick up tanner bench , but now seems ok after something downloaded in steam for conan…

… Ah well basically i will edit this post based on error findings :smiley:

Verifying the files seems to resolve this (previously I was getting the error message as posted by NeoTheMatrix above).

what files u verifyed? I did it but it fixed only officials, when mod server stlill holding e on any of benches cause this…

Feels like its pickup plus maybe or beyond stations based on - GetBuildableObjectName

so basically mods are now unplayable… again… one game update and mods dead for month…

working fine now on my dedicated local server - I don’t use pickup+

lol picking up ANYTHING crashes the game. I had mine crash several times just trying to pick up a protected torch, a base game item. I had it crash even when trying to use the writable wall signs that are DLC multiple times.

Unlock plus?

I mean its crash from old function that seems ‘’ not on game after update ‘’ but u cant figure how to fix if u dont know what causes this on witch mod…

Hi there,

Just to add to the topic;

I am getting the same crash to desktop whenever I attempt to hold e on anything. I am using mods, one being Beyond Theatrics ( I noticed you mentioned Beyond stations and assume they are by the same author).

This is very annoying so i hope a fix can be found soon.

I am on Single Player both maps running with the wonderful Multichar mod.

Just tested Beyond Theatrics and that’s not it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.