[PIN THIS] ISP issues hosting own server from home

So i’ve been on here complaining about issues with hosting my server at home…

I own a dell r610 fully loaded to the gills, dual 6core cpu’s with a crap ton of memory…

i could host a server and you can see on the list and you could connect to it, 1 person could… The second another person would join it would timeout and be removed from the list “but me the host”

Friday may 25, i switched internet providers to my local Fiber company
MUSFiber out of morristown,tn i current am on the 500/500 plan that offer @ $100/month
I was previously using “spectrum” aka Charter “ultra net 400mb down 20mb up” @ $100/month

my friend has TDS telecom if i was on before him he couldn’t ever see the server, and would require a reboot of the server before he could even attempt to connect. If he was on before me he could play all day long until i connected…

I come to find out after switching ISP from Spectrum to my local net, he can now connect to the game without issue while im on and so can anyone else…

So if you are having this issue and have Spectrum and hosting a server BE ADVISED, they are blocking something with conan “ark and other servers don’t have this issue”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.