Ping too high to force you to rent a server for more $$

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following:| Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region] USA & EU

[Describe the bug here]
FUNCOM LIVE HAS ADDED 10 - 40 OPINTS TO PING MAKING IT NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY, BUT YOU KNOW THAT, IT’S PART OF THE “BUSINESS STRATEGY” DEVISED TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO RENT PRIVATE SERVERS

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. BUY A FUNCOM PRODUCT
  2. PLAY A FUNCOM PRODUCT
  3. BUY A DLC OR 2 INSPITE OF THE ANNOYING BUGS, GLITCHES, KNOWING THAT ANY DECENT COMPANY IS WORKING DILIGENTLY TO RECTIFY THEM
  4. RESOLVE TO NEVER AGAIN SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON A FUNCOM PRODUCT
1 Like

You do realize that funcom makes no money on those rented servers right? So what you are claiming makes no sense at all. Please remove your tin foil hat.

I am enjoying the epic saga of the ping is too damn high guy. Every couple of hours is a new humorous rant about how they have ■■■■■■ internet and how it is funcom’s fault.

Perhaps once the forums first page is nothing but this person’s posts about the same topic funcom will install a special server connected directly to their computer via fiber optic connection, but alas the ping will still be too damn high.

Funcom clearly needs to work on this. I would not be surprised if G-Portal pays Funcom to be their exclusive host. G-portal makes all their money from people who rent the servers - That is their business model. They only host a few “Offical” servers, the majority of them are rented by players. It also does not make a lot of sense for the server GUI to be so janky after 2+ years of game development, unless it’s to funnel people into renting a server. (Which is an option on the main menu page of the game)

I think the OP hit the nail on the head. Funcom prolly makes more money from G-Portal than it does from DLC’s. And G-Portal in turn makes all it’s money by having a bunch of people rent servers, rather than play on the (too few) and (too janky) “official” ones.

I just watched my wife spend 3 hours trying to log into a server with me to work on her house. (She was excited.) Now she is pissed off, laying in bed, playing phone apps. A phone app. Common! You are lucky I got her to reinstall the game. Do better. Please. So I can keep enjoying this game when it’s not kicking me in the balls over and over.

@GodisGood Even if this is true, which is most certainly not, I don’t know who would rent from g-portal seeing how their official servers perform. G-portal are not an exclusive provider for PC. The majority of the servers are hosted by others such as ServerBlend, GTX, Nitrado, Low.ms, OVH, etc.

2 Likes

There is most certainly a deal between g-portal and funcom to be the exclusive provide of official servers and featured in game to rent private servers. Is this in the form of a kickback? who knows. Is this incentive for funcom to fake high ping to force people to rent? no. That would be stupid as it would drive more people away from playing the game rather than rent servers.

G-portal may not be the exclusive provider for PC, but they are by far the easiest to set up (in game link to rent) and most known about by the average player due to in game advertising and click here to rent button.

My entire smart ■■■ comment above was due to the OP feeling the need to open multiple threads for the same issue every single day when there are already multiple threads opened by others over the same issue.

your conspiracy theory doesn’t work though. Dunno if you know this but you can get it through nitrado, survivalservers, and plenty more I don’t personally know. Hell, they even give out the dedicated server tool so you can run it off your own pc.

1 Like

This is all true but when did logic or facts ever matter when you can do your best Alex Jones impression?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.