Pirate Outfit! But...when?

fc pirate

So we got it… but FC you won’t tell us WHEN??? I have but one thing to say to this…

14 Likes

Hi @Alexandria

We know everyone is excited about the community event rewards (us included :slightly_smiling_face:) but we will have to wait a bit more before we get the rewards.

You can read more here https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-steam-community-challenge-more-details/166827

Hope this helps!

14 Likes

Since it doesn’t tell me WHEN (it’s “in a few WEEKS”???) then nope! It doesn’t help! Not to worry tho, I’m just givin’ you guys a hard time cause I’m awful…and can’t resist a pirate meme.

In fact… I think we ALL should post pirate memes demanding our Piratin’ Outfit!

4 Likes

26 Likes

OMG that’s Goooood! :rofl:

2 Likes

Spodermeme
:wave:t2: :crazy_face: :+1:t2:

10 Likes

6 Likes

rock_rewards

17 Likes

Not interested, it looks like totally out of Conan lore… Why?
Maybe next FC game - Pirates of the Conanibbean :rofl:

2 Likes

16 Likes

Well Aquilonian and Poitain knights wore plate which wasn’t really a thing until the 1400s.

“The Aquilonian host has assumed the customary formation; the strongest part was the center, composed entirely of heavily armed knights; the wings were made up of smaller bodies of horsemen, mounted men-at-arms, mostly, supported by pikemen and archers. The latter were Bossonians from the western marches, strongly built men of medium stature, in leathern jackets and iron head-pieces.” from The Hour of the Dragon pg. 99

Conan himself wears everything from a loincloth, silk breeches, to various types of full armor.

Yet a proper armscrye for clothing was not developed til well into the renaissance.

Then we’ve got the infamous chainmaille bikini and all the scanty “barbaric” clothing that was the staple of the Conan bookcover art of the 70s all the way up til present day.

The truth is the level of tech (and fashion!) is all over the place in the Conan genre. And Conan spent a fair amount of his own time “out piratin!” So I’m gonna cut them a break here and just enjoy the outfit because it’s really not all that far out for the genre.

Now if you want something to actually be annoyed by…

7 Likes

Can’t wait for the community event that has this as a prize dlc…
download.jpeg-4

5 Likes

Heretic! LOL But by Crom…please no!

The sad part is, technically Funcom can do this, as they have on occasion used other Conan licenses for aspects of the game. And if Disney was to want to do it and let Funcom use marvelcharacters, well money talks lol.,

1 Like

Let’s not get into that here (tho I technically started it!) as it’s just too depressing for this thread!

2 Likes

9 Likes

It’s funny, I was thinking I might try getting into the new Conan comics…and then I read about all the crossover stuff and was like NOOOOOPE. (Also their “origin story” comics for Belit and Valeria kinda sucked.)

I’ll stick with my stupidly expensive giant hardcover collections of the old comics, thanks.

5 Likes

OMG I LOVE this one!

1 Like

You and everyone else! LOL

But hey who doesn’t love a cool pirate girl?

OC by ARTTAiR - Professional, Digital Artist | DeviantArt

10 Likes

Oh nice patch there! Don’t suppose there will be a pirate outfit sneaked in as
well???