Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: 1501
Mods: None

Bug Description:

With patch 2.8, placeables on top of placeables started failing to reset their decay timers. This was pretty annoying, but it did not affect all instances of placeables on placeables, in fact, it was a very small minority and pretty inconsistent.

The decay timers could be reset to maximum decay by picking them up and putting them back down.

Recently (Chapter 3 or it may have been the hotfix), the situation has become much worse. Not only are far more placeables on top of placeables getting affected, but they are losing decay time, decaying whenever they feel like it instead of waiting for the max decay timer to run out.

One could be refreshed one day to max decay and then decay away the very next.

I have stopped replacing any of my decorations because they just decay away again. My Event Log is just filled with items decaying even though they all should be close to max decay if they were working correctly.

An example of the inconsistency of the bug:

The place settings on the left half of the table decayed, the right side did not. The bench on the right rug decayed, the bench on the left rug did not.

Bug Reproduction:

1. Put a placeable on top of another placeable (e.g. a jug on a table, a pillow on a chair, a journal on a cupboard, a standing torch on a map-room).
  2. ??? which items decay lacks consistency.
  3. Have random placeables fail to reset decay and decay at random.
5 Likes

Happened to me the other day. I log on and two of my chests have vanished. They were both on nemedian bookshelves. They had been there for weeks, and I had logged in the day before.

1 Like

Same thing for me. Started with iron place settings, then lost a couple chests. All on carpet, bookshelves or tables.

2 Likes

I keep telling my wife not to put good stuff on anything but foundations going to get introuble when she reads this truth is decay is all screwed up

1 Like

Placed a shelf with all figures from the nemedian set a while ago. Only the wolf is still alive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.