Placed floor pieces randomly turning around their axis

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: Germany

This is relatively rare in my experience and I am not sure what exactly causes it, but a few times, I have noticed that floor squares that I placed in my base (and were normally connected to other building blocks from all sides) just turn by about 40 degrees or so occasionally, likely on server restart. It has happened to me like 3 times over the course of roughly a month in a very large base, every time just with one piece. One time it was a square floor unsupported by a pillar in any way, supported by I believe three walls from below and surrounded by 1 square and 3 wedge floors I think, the other time it was a square floor with a pillar on it, supported only by a single wall from below and connected to a wall above, 1 square floor and 2 wedge floors as depicted below. It is not just bugged on my side, that is, some display bug, my clanmate saw it the same way I did. Due to a low number of occurences, I cannot say if this is exclusive to square floors or not.

5 Likes

Hey @Riwillion

Thanks for sharing your findings. We’ll send your report to our team and they’ll look into it :slight_smile:

This is an old bug, I remember I had the same on my old server a year ago and it was reported many times already so … They should have looked into it a long time ago.
EDIT : considering it sometimes needs to be destroyed and placed again, destroying sometimes connected floors.

2 Likes

By the way. I think this is another loading issue. It’s not actually like this piece was moved, but often those things look normal to some other player. It’s the client which loads that stuff wrong.
Happens with wedges as well, then they get misplaced. Never remove these things, even if you want. On next login they might be normal again.

2 Likes

As the author stated it’s surely not a loading issue. Other people (at least in his case and in mine when it happened on my server) can see it and it never load normally again. If you want it to look normal you HAVE to replace it with a new block. I can also say that it used to happen with foundations, which is a much larger problem. But I can’t confirm foundations are still impacted with that bug, as it doesn’t happen anymore on my new server.

1 Like

Ok it´s now been at least 3 days since this got screwed up, and it has not fixed itself even after 3+ server restarts, meaning the is no way in hell it is just a display issue on the client side.

1 Like

Hm. Then maybe I was lucky.

1 Like

Thank you for your very discreet observations. They will add to my recent collection of similar large-base anomalies.

This is especially vexing in PVP if your roof twists and admits people during non-raid hours.

2 Likes

Hey @Riwillion

Would you mind sharing with us (privately) which server and character name are you experiencing this issue in so we can take a look at it by ourselves?

1 Like

The way it happened to me, it absolutely does not allow for that, fortunately, although it still sucks because it provides a good visual on the other floor without having to actually get there. But maybe it can twist by 45 degrees as well and that might provide ingress as you say, not sure :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok so update, I just checked and the floor is fine now. Not sure if maybe whoever was taking a look at it took the liberty of fixing it for me (doubt it), but in if not, it fixed itself in a 4-7 days/restarts.

1 Like

Aaaand it turned back to the screwed-up position :smiley: I am thinking maybe the placeables that are on top of it are making it do that? There is an aquilonian chair and a harp that are partially placed on that tile. So maybe try testing that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.