Player list Feature

Let’s just clear up some misconceptions:

At this point, everyone should look in their Settings -> Server under the ESC menu. On the very first page, General, look for VOCAL VISIBILITY DURATION. If the slider says 0, it’s not turned on yet, and your Steam Game Info and Battlemetrics will still report players.

If it’s any number other than 0, for instance 5 for official servers, the Game Info will show number of players, and a list of players with player times, all anonymized with a “-” for player name. Same with Battlemetrics. All the active players on our list are named -.

1 Like

It still displays the number of players, and a list of anonymized players in Steam Game Info. The game shows the number and list of players when you press B, they are just anonymized. :slight_smile:

It is mostly a bad decision to take something from Players. There is no good reason to kill the visibility for Players to see who is online in this game. This is not an early Access game anymore, so stop taking Features out of the game!

2 Likes

Imagine you are on a server. With your friends. You have played there for a long time. You have farmed up for a base and acquired thralls, loot ect.
(No, this is not what I do. Im not even on a server for a week until our team moves to the next.)

Then 2 other clans join that server, with only 1 mission. Wipe you, and your friends.
By looking on the playerlist, you have NO clue what’s coming. Their level are not even showing. You cannot prepare for it. Then 1 day they attack, while your pants are around your ankles. That will kill you, and kill morale of your team.
And with that, you stop playing because you can never get a heads up of who’s coming.

6 Likes

Imagine that you are a cheater and live in textures, and this patch is a great thing for you.

4 Likes

Why are you even allowed to have an opinion? Dont you have a server to glitch or exploit? Why is exploiters so active on this forum, just find out a way to see who is online, its what you do anyway… cheating to get an advantage.

this also shortsightedly cuts into the social aspect of the game.

It encourages players to stay within their bubbles and not interact.

Along with promoting cheaters and completely removing the purpose of the player list function…

This appears to be a short sighted idea where the consequences were not at all weighed out or thought of.

This handicaps the game in many ways, far greater then any benefit was gained for the PvP environment.

feature changes like this where they appear to be just shooting from the hip are incredibly worrisome for the longevity and solidarity of the game…

How the hell will people find clans to join? Random world encounters and/or forum recruitment? What a joke…

6 Likes

this still missing the point of Funcom building an environment that encourages players to not interact.

Adding steps that a player has to take before flagging themselves to be more social wont net any gains. It’ll at most encourage those that don’t bother to never reach out, and for those that do, there are extra hoops to jump through.

The social aspect of Conan is going to shrink due to this, without question. It seems like a incredibly blind decision in game development.

It also encourages cheaters and more nefarious players.

There may be something to gain here. However, the problems this incredibly boneheaded idea brought with it will be numerous. As a private server player now, doesn’t really effect me. But I view this as one of the more glaring Funcom mistakes over the history of this game.

2 Likes

I fail to see how this helps cheaters?
If they are raiding off hours, that will be in your log events.
You can still tag undermesh bases if you can get a hammer on it.
If they are stat glitching or duping, the player list didn’t show that.

I do think for PVE servers it should show players, but for PVP there is no reason to know who is on with the flick of a button.
PVP (Raiding) is supposed to be about raiding. That should not be determined whether your enemy is online or not. Does it effect your strategy, yes. If you don’t want to scout out the base to see if it is being defended or not, that is on you, not Funcom to give you the Intel and make it easier to see the opportune time to attack.

I cannot stress this enough,
IF YOU ARE ON PVP, THEN EXPECT TO GET RAIDED. AT ANYTIME DURING RAID TIME AND MELEE ATTACKED AT ANYTIME.

PVE-C, EXPECT TO GET ATTACKED DURING CONFLICT HOURS. IT IS IN THE NAME OF THE SERVER TYPE.

2 Likes

Tell it to the Chinese on speedhack, one person not in the clan kills everyone and blows everything up. Others collect things. And now I can’t save my stuff in advance from cheaters. I’m not against honest pvp, but not with guys who live in textures and run on speedhack. These changes should have been made after defeating the cheaters.

2 Likes

If you cant see the playerlist, anyone can join the server, not say a word. Build an undermesh base. And make sure anyone never sees him/her leave the base. You will never be able to figure out who has that base, if they are vigilant.

I also think it will kill the game in the social aspect.

Please Funcom, consider removing this for now, until a better solution is implemented.

5 Likes

I fail to see how a player list cripples pvp. You said it yourself:

I can’t argue against checking logs to retroactively challenge cheaters, but this certainly encourages more nefarious play and handicaps dealing with active cheaters, while its happening.

Once again though, the PvE side of the game takes one for the team to facilitate the PvP environment.

This will without question hurt the social aspect of the game, clan recruitment, and just typical friendly server banter. This is over all an entire negative, with nothing to gain, on the PvE side.

for PvP, the only intent I see here was the prevention of players watching and waiting for someone/clan to drop off the player list to specifically offline raid.

Was it worth all the damage this change brought with it to prevent just that one issue?

Like you said, if you join pvp, expect pvp at any time. There’s PvE-C for those that want to regulate the time they get raided.

1 Like

You can always view the timer and use the bracelet to return. This change is very strange.

I fail to see how this helps cheaters?

Because now when you are in game exploiting or hacking, I cannot click your name and get your real id to report your activity. You can exploit/cheat/hack your way around my server for hours and no one can even report you now as you are doing it anonymous, you have an extra Funcom shield to hide behind.

This doesn’t surprise too many of us given the fact that most agree this game is riddled with more exploit/cheat/hacks than any game past or present. And to top this off, Funcom seems to have gone out of their way to protect the abusers all these years by not responding in a timely fashion to fixes and not having any clear cut/ easy reporting feature to begin with. And BattleEye? What a joke for this game- laughable.

2 Likes

That is wrong.
PVP (according to server types) is raid 6 hour window, conflict (melee and attacking player toons only) is 24/7.
PVE-C is melees and attacking 6 hour window, PVE the other 18.

But, with you i know facts are not relevant.

Most social banter on PVP is trash talk, so it won’t be missed.

nefarious is subjective. Me raiding your base is not nefarious. Nefarious is looking a t list and deciding to hit your base because you just logged off, and i have a free run at it.

I said i feel that PVE should not be “anonymous”. Because i it is a social tool for them.

Still don’t see any other problems it causes that will exist with or without it. The player list on PVP is for one thing, monitoring clan count to make raid decisions. friends lists and other things, even on PVP, are ways to communicate “Hey i am online friend”. The player list was for non friends to keep tabs of another player/clan.

Did not say it cripples PVP. I said it only served to aid those that wanted to clan watch. Words Much Twisted?