Player Survey - 10 Quick Questions

• 1-2x. Anything else is too much
  • Building
  • The lore, the bossing, the base building.
  • I’d rather kill myself
  • Never heard of it.
  • Nothing draws me to modded servers.
  • More danger, scaling difficulty.
  • Helpful
  • None
  • AoC. AoC. AoC.

Sorry for not answering any questions here but I get the impression that you’re considering setting up a PC server and are trying to determine what sort of server will attract more players. If this is the case then answers from console players such as myself won’t be beneficial, if you’re simply curious then I’m sorry for interrupting the thread.

2x
Dungeons, Story, Building.
Love the books, and the era picked for CE.
No
No
Have not played on molded.
I’m not working for end game.
I am for active admin.
No response , no experience.
No response , no experience.

• What XP Modifier do you prefer if any?
    Vanilla PvP (4x for killing)
  • What more important to you, Building, Dungeons, Storyline?
    PvP
  • What draws you to Conan
    pvp/building/raiding
  • Have you played the AoC mod storyline?
    no
  • Have you played the EEWA mod storyline?
    no
  • Whats the #1 that draws you to modded servers?
    Admins/enforcement of rules
  • If you had your choice what would the end game experience be like?
    Crushing my enemies, driving the from the land and hearing the lamentations of their women
  • Are active admins helpful or annoying?
    Subjective to the admin
  • List your favorite mods.
    I do not play with mods
  • List mods you absolutely hate.
    the existence of sexiles
  1. x1 or less. Have tried pushing it back to .5 for a slower, more gradual experience in single player (get to enjoy the progress more since its so easy to level)
  2. Building (I can supply my own story and dungeons are only ‘okay’)
  3. Open World, Crafting, Free-form building in a Sandbox (and getting to build my own empire with npcs)
  4. Some. Didn’t care for it.
  5. Some. Same as 4.
  6. Not really drawn to modded servers. I tried a few, but if you don’t know anyone, no one wants you to join their base/clan. They are, however, open to letting me do my own thing as long as it doesn’t bother them. So, single player turned out to be better because its basically the same thing, only I get to pick which mods to run instead of someone else.
  7. Huge Purges (I mean, the kind that could easily wipe out every player-built structure without a huge amount of preparation – and even then, players could not escape unscathed.) They would scale with player level AND activity (not region).
    Also, conquering the entire map like a warlord. One would have to clear out all the camps of a region at least once. Doing so would trigger the spawn of a “ruler” in each region’s main city (like a Queen in the Summoning Place or King of New Asgarath or wherever). That would be a boss fight to conquer and claim a region of the map. Each conquered region would give some kind of bonus while in that region. Conquering the entire map would trigger the “ultimate purge” to wipe the map and start over (maybe a massive sandstorm with multiple spawning sand beasts).
  8. So far, mostly annoying. I’ve had admins warp to me just to “see” what’s going on or spawn bosses near my base for ‘giggles’ or start some server event and gets feelings hurt if everyone doesn’t drop what they’re going to come participate.
  9. Pippi, LBPR Less Building Restrictions, Fashionist, CharEditLite, Stacksize Plus, Warrior Mutator, Xena Warrior Princess Wardrobe, Just No Rain Only, WYSIWYG Wheel of Pain, Barbarian Barber, Tier 4 Thralls - Medium - Increased Spawn
  10. Sextiles

I know this isn’t a category on the poll, but one approach I thought might be fun to play is creating a server where the experience gained was low, the NPC’s damage was doubled, NPC beasts would attack faster (mod), and all players that joined that server were part of the same clan (players against the dangerous world) where community and teamwork was needed to survive (same clan, not different clans fighting each other). So a “co-op” hardcore “barbaric” server.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.