PlayStation Update 2.4/2.4.6 Official Discussion Megathread

Sorry that the jokes bothered you, it’s all in fun - not to upset people. The fact is that they have told us the issues and given us their word to update us when they can. They likely didn’t post the Twitter update here because they are aware that update has no more information than they have already given here.

Waiting sucks, I get it - I want bug fixes and a cool new horse saddle to ride around shooting people off of. Hitting forum staff with the “Are we there yet?” special is not helpful and IMO needlessly hostile.

They cant give what they don’t have. They don’t have to tell us every day/week they don’t have it.

4 Likes

Wow, being accused of being not helpful and needlessly hostile.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Exiles!

So, yes, we know you’ve been waiting for the 2.4.6 update on PSN, and unfortunately the patch will not arrive this week either.

We’ve worked to provide quick updates and bits of information over time, and while we don’t have an ETA at the moment, we wanted to elaborate on the situation to help you understand the delay.

First things first: The actual content of the update is ready to go, and has been for a while.

Our current challenge is that, due to the way the game handles data and how patching works on PlayStation, releasing the update as-is would cause you to download the entire game from scratch. This may not be a huge issue for those with good connections and unlimited bandwidth, but this is not something everyone has access to.

Working around this issue is a complicated process since it requires a lot of moving parts working together and as such, needs thorough work and testing.

We do apologize once again for the wait and we hope this offers a little extra context on what’s going into the current delay. We’re doing everything we can to get this out as quickly as possible.

We’ll provide more info and updates as they’re available! In the meantime, yeah, I guess feel free to share cat memes or whatever, we understand :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

puppet-awkward

11 Likes

Jokes aside, yes, the update is definitely coming and I know it’s probably frustrating to see little movement on that front. We can assure you we want the update out too!

As a reminder, while ultimately this is a forum about video games and trying to have fun, let’s try to avoid doing so at another’s expense for honest inquiries and questions. Thanks, friends!

12 Likes

It certainly is correct, test live can be seen as the most up to date version, although anything there can be subject to change.

@anon83039162 is the queen of meme.

It should basically be the same, except including a stability fix.

download.jpeg

3 Likes

That last update took 6 or 7 hours to get downloaded and installed and I have good internet throw in the fact that PSN :snail: slows down alot when everyone is attempting to download at the same time @Croms_Faithful and others would be knocked back to 4 years ago to beta/testing days otherwise I wouldn’t mind having to reload.

2 Likes

You are to much.! Reminds me our Corgi from years ago he only went up stairs not down after the first try short legs :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

AndyB is in my top 6 “most liked by”. It’s the beards, they call to each other :wink:

6 Likes

Is it not possible to release a patch and those that are happy to reinstall the game do so and those that aren’t can wait for the fix?

4 Likes

Cheers for the update :blush::+1:

8 Likes

No you would need to be running the same software version as the server. So those that aren’t happy to do a full reinstall wouldn’t be able to play at all.

6 Likes

Was könnt ihr eigentlich aber hauptsache der pc bekommt alles und die psn spieler müssen weiter warten bis ihr mal was macht.ach ja psn ist ja nur nebensächlich das haupt ist der pc das sieht man ja was der pc gegenüber der psn hat.sag nur mod support op woll es eigentlich keine mods gibt aber was macht ihr da gegen nichts besser noch ihr unterstützt das noch.

Kann mann nur eins sagen RIP conen exiles bbesser noch nehmz es von der konsole wieder runter wenn ihr nur alles für den pc macht und die konsolen Spieler müssen : 1.zuschauchen das der pc alkes vorab bekommt 2.weiter auf update warten bzw auf bug fixes 3.mehr zahlen(bei neu Anschaffung)als wie die pc
4.null neue funktonen für konsole modhub

TBH I think if it included a lot of bug fixes and made the game run a lot better. Many of us would not mind.

If it fixed the invisible enemies. Thralls ghosting through door and walls. With some new content. We would be happy to reinstall. All 200 on our server would completely be on board with that. But Lack of content is driving many away.

2 Likes

the update also solves the nudity problem right? You’ve already confirmed this but it’s been a long time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Who cares the game is dead onPlayStation. You guys failed to update…… you guys still charge money for this game but have pc and Xbox have it on their passes, no one plays anymore it’s boring now .

Yes the fact that so many ppl are here asking about the update proves it’s dead and no one plays right. Hang on……. :clap::man_facepalming::zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

I literally see like 3 popping servers = dead … I literally see no more big clans when I played there was over 20+ 10 man clans always at war at different times trust me game is beyond dead on PlayStation

I have a couple of clan mates that still play, we’ve played over 2 years tell me it’s more dead than it’s ever been before …… it’s the most boring it’s ever been before…… there is the most nooby clans there ever been before lmao and small clans no big ones when I played it was crazy fun , big ass clans at war for
Months

So FC didnt release this patch, claiming players would have to dl the entire game as the reason…how many posts have you seen where FC employees suggested uninstall/reinstall as the “fix”? So i dont think it is FC’s decision to hold back this update. I think it is sony, they do not wish to incur the remaning ps players to dl the entire game over a short period of time.

I dont believe a thing FC says anymore. I doubt everything. I feel like this because of FC’s previous actions. FC earned my distrustfulnes over time. Repeatedly.

4 Likes