PlayStation Update 2.4/2.4.6 Official Discussion Megathread

By time we get update and hotfix to fix it again… my server time will be up in NOV… can we please get a working stable game. -_-’

So bored of waiting.

Temple Contest timer is shrinking, and can’t play long enough to not crash. -_-’

3 Likes

11 Likes

Wow @AndyB. Taking the time to like a meme in this thread but not the 2 minutes it would take to drop a quick line about the update is like rubbing salt into the wound. You guys promised better communication. It’s gotten worse.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have further details available to me at this time either - I’m more trying to empathize with the frustration of having to wait around.

3 Likes

It’s all in good fun. I hope everyone on the Funcom team who is on vacation is having a blast, and the ones still working aren’t overwhelmed.

We have gotten reasons and a rough timeline, it is what it is. Until we can complain with our fellow players about no hair under our pirate hats, it’s best to just stay positive and meme on our devs/community in good nature.

3 Likes

Rubbish. We got a diversion 15 days ago. The reason given then was completely different than the one given a week before that. You brown tongue away all you like. I’ll show my justifiable irritation honestly.

2 Likes

I understand you’re frustrated, but please note we’re still humans and ask that you not mix up “honesty” with attacking us or others for daring to show compassion. Doing so isn’t going to make this go any quicker, I’m afraid.

You’re talking like being informed and being able to keep an entire player base informed is some massive undertaking. We are not asking for the update tomorrow, or next week. It shouldn’t be that much to ask for a weekly “hey this is where we are at” :man_shrugging: And yes I’m being “honest”, and my “compassion” is reserved for greater more meaningful things than a lack of communication from a game dev team, no offence but that’s where it’s at.

4 Likes

As soon as details are available, we’ll let you know here.

Edit: And hey, let’s not fight each other - goes both ways. I don’t mean to be short or defensive and I certainly didn’t mean to slight anyone by liking a couple memes I thought were funny (if nothing else, we’re self-aware), but I do know the wait is frustrating and we’ll try to keep you in the loop.

10 Likes

There is no information because many are on vacation right?

3 Likes

We are not asking for the update tomorrow, or next week?

I can’t remember the last time I logged into Conan Exiles, it was back when the patch failed certification… was it 6 weeks ago? I just check the forums every once in a while to see if they have fixed the myriad of loading screen issues, texture issues, economy issues, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I am not asking for the update tomorrow or next week, I am asking for the update several weeks ago. I want Funcom to invent a time machine at this point, travel back in time, and release the update. Seriously.

Now, I will get back to playing a different game again and check the forums next week to see if Funkcom has cleaned up their mess.

1 Like

I understand the situation and am just as frustrated as anyone. I’m willing to settle for regular weekly updates, yes even if they are just a token albeit shallow paragraph stating that it’s not coming this week. I don’t want them to rush it through, and I’m happy to wait as long as it takes. I want the communities patience rewarded with the same loyalty shown by funcom to its customers as we show to them. I know it’s just a placebo, but it would keep the majority of those waiting happy to have that token gesture.

5 Likes

I have to honestly say that I can understand a lot of people here.

FC had mentioned last year (2020) that they now want to make updates more often.

Which is not the case, because it was only when Siptah appeared was there also a new update, 6 months after FC announced that it would now increasingly take care of the updates.

That is a tiring situation.

Now we have another factor that changes a lot: (Covid-19)

So we all have to have a little more patience and understanding. :sunglasses:

Survive.Build.Dominate

1 Like

I know it’s announced elsewhere, but one thing that may help in the future is to put a sticky on each sub forum noting when the Summer Shutdown is happening.
Few of the posters on platform specific locations spend copious time elsewhere. And a readily available, hey, these are the dates that the office is closed/barebones might help to manage expectations.

Might.
There’s always going to be vitriol and unreasonableness.
I mean, this wouldn’t be the internet if people weren’t perpetually in a state of outrage… But for those who can be calm, it may help.

3 Likes

Still no news right?
I’m here for the weekly update :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I saw this recent tweet on the Twitter social media thumbnail as I was making my way to the forum. So yeah, both yours and @anon83039162 depictions are both pretty accurate.

7 Likes

That is some news. Pity they have not announced that here where those of us who are not social media users yet check into Forum multiple times a day for news would be advised. Thanks @Croms_Faithful . Think :thinking: I will gather recycling and trash for pick up and sulk now somewhat disappointed unfortunately not suprised thank Crom wife and I play mostly on private servers where we are not affected as much as offline and official server players are.

4 Likes

I don’t use social media, I come here to get information about this game.
Its disappointing that the update posted on social media, is absent here.

I also think its not great thanking us for our continued patience… what choice do we have?

At this point, I don’t really think I have much confidence about the future of the PlayStation version of Conan Exiles.

8 Likes

Thanks @Croms_Faithful for the update. Its unfortunate to hear, but its how it goes sometimes. At least until we get it we can make each other laugh and poke some harmless fun at Funcom.

8 Likes

I like kittens :smile_cat:then they grow up RNG poop 3 sweet ones one of which has a hole bully potential that keeps popping up. Squitgun helps with this saves little sisters.

2 Likes