Please, for the love of Gaia, tell us if Golems 4th Age lore #9 is bugged or not

spoilers

I’m finkin’, I’m finkin’…my brain is hurting cause I have been at this for hours
Good advice tho, ty

Is there a list of the rest of the locations anywhere? I’m going to go hunting tonight wherever I can remember seeing golems, but I wouldn’t mind a cheat sheet.

Current list that is going around.

fNFHcDF

[General] [*Odonoptera|Community]: There’s no betting or over/under going on. We’re just getting a kick out of the controversy

[General] [*Odonoptera|Community]: #9 is the friends you made along the way

Edit: This lore/legend is related to ‘the swarm’?

shakesfist Now I know It’s something relatively easy we’re all overlooking.

#9 LORE FLINCHED throws snowballs at golems

Getting all the Shems? - not really a spoiler but a suggestion all the same

The devs are on record as saying that this lore will be available year-round. I think it’s unlikely to be dependent on having picked something up during the event as a consequence.

Thats a good point, although its not locked as such just because the event isn’t going, but yeah

It’s at 678 943 in CF.

AAAAAGH AAAGH UGH AGH. Ty.
I spent so long in SF!!! I was so sure!

I will say the placement of this piece of lore was not clever, not amusing and not fun.

Maybe we were stupid to assume it would be in Shadowy Forest as there was one per zone, why ‘assume’ that, right? Maybe we shouldn’t have thought it would have some connection to golems as the placement of the rest all did.

It just seemed a last minute thought at best.

Thanks to Pinkhair though for locating and sharing it with all of the people that were combing SF for clues and ideas. Hope it entertained the devs.

So what does this location have to do with golems? All other 8 are located near golems. This is in a vampire super soldier camp. It doesn’t make any sense even after reading the contents of the lore (which would be irrelevant anyway because there lore entries were all located elsewhere in TSW). Could someone explain?

That’s the thing, a lot of us stopped assuming it was in SF after checking near the golems in SF. I just started checking every other zone with areas that contain golems. I went to South Africa to check the jumpscare water golem and Berihun’s automaton. I went to Orochi tower because there are a load of golems in there. I went to the damn London Excavation because there’s a custodian at the end of it.

Whenever they release global lore in the future, I’ll keep this in mind.

I suspect the vampire super soldiers are standins for soviet golems as there is a certain lack of them in the open world. Also because it was an unused spot that didn’T have much else in it. But don’t pinpoint me on that. Still haven’t developed mindreading to be a certain source of information.

I went into the Slaughterhouse too because there’s a meat golem (failed experiment?) at the end.

I mean the story in the lore is about Jewish golems so they may have stuck the damn lore next to Khalid’s Hebrew inscripted staff if they really wanted. Would have disappointed me less than this.

It actually was clever. Not gonna comment on the rest as those are rather personal opinions.

The lore is there in reference to the lore of Golems and the 4th age itself. Its a reference to WWII.

Lore: Time passes and another man comes. His bearing is regal and he wears the swastika on his sleeve.

Eagle’s Nest, where lore 9 is placed, is a reference to Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest.

That’s fair. There are many pieces of lore in the game where the lore text references where the next lore is located. Since that piece is lore you quoted is #7, It may have been more appropriate in this case to have lore #8 in the CF Eagle’s Nest. Which is interesting because #8 was the original TSW CF lore anyway.

Yeah, there is a halloween mission too where you need to have read the Franklin Mansion lore to solve the puzzle. It’s not the first time the lore text itself has been important to locate another lore or something else.

That is incredibly tenuous.

I’m not in game to check, but pretty sure the lore story previous to #9 mentions Prague and a rabbi and killing a clay golem.

It is so obvious that it would be on top of well guarded camp of vampire super-soldiers…

Honestly after some of the lore placement in New Dawn, it shouldn’t have come as a surprise.

[quote=“Vandelay, post:23, topic:19675”]
That’s fair. There are many pieces of lore in the game where the lore text references where the next lore is located. Since that piece is lore you quoted is #7, It may have been more appropriate in this case to have lore #8 in the CF Eagle’s Nest. Which is interesting because #8 was the original TSW CF lore anyway.
[/quote]

It starts in prague, and it might still be in prague at a later point. There is a time skip where the clay golem is not animated. That is where this is from:

Which is the lore #7. It is 1 word, but it’s there all the same.