Please give an option to use 'smart' mod loading

I would like to request a change to which mods are loaded and when.

currently, it would seem the mods i have loaded for my private server are loaded into memory as the game first starts and shows the main menu selection screen. if i were to select the local server, i load into it after a brief(ish) time. but… if i select another server which uses a different set of mods, the game will check to see if i have the needed mods, dnload if needed, restart the client but this time loading the mods for the new server… and load into the game.

this process takes quite a bit of time.

many of us might play on one server for at least a few days. as such, restarting the game shouldn’t have to constantly reload the client ui with the destination servers mod list.

my request is… when i first start the client, my local mod list is used. if i select another server, a new mod list will come down and the client restarts. BUT… the next time i start the client, the mod list would NOT be my local server mod list but the mod list of the last server i logged into.

doing this would allow me to select the server i played on yesterday but its mods are already loaded into memory… therefore, no client restart. just log into the server.

this should save load times and reduce unnecessary mod loading

thx

1 Like

Have you tried not loading any mods in the launcher and using the continue button instead. If I don’t load any mods for let’s say a single player game, the launcher seems to remember the last used servermodlist when I press continue.