Possible Undead Race

Mek-kamoses does say that… sort of, but I think it is more nuanced than that. He first says:
“These bracelets we wear sap at our will, suppress our true powers. They are designed to make us meek and pliable.”
Which seems to imply a suppression of the mind more than magic, though he then goes on to say:
“This bracelet suppresses my sorcerous abilities.”
Which might mean the bracelets suppress magic, or it might just mean his magic specifically, possibly because it is clouding his mind and making it difficult for him to concentrate. You might think this is a stretch, but note that he also says:
“It is true, that the more corrupted the soul, the more kinship one will find in the creatures of the Outer Void.”
Corruption was intended to be used as a mechanic for sorcery, which means that sorcery being possible in the Exiled Lands was planned even during Mek-kamoses’s speech. He goes on to add:
“But the power to summon comes from knowledge, and that knowledge can be taught.
If you find a way to restore my sorcery, stranger, I will teach you the words written in the Book of Skelos.”

This, in my opinion, goes back to the bracelets suppressing the mind rather than magic.

4 Likes