Premium Battlepass should be converted into croms

A) depends on your motivation. Difference between reading for pleasure and reading for work or school.

B) you took what I said out of context about the PREMIUM battle pass.

Whole post is about the purpose and benefit, or lack thereof, of the premium.

Oh, I agree with that. That’s what I speculated in an earlier post, too. I believe they’re giving the boost so that more people will feel comfortable with the BP. The more people feel that BP is hard to finish, the more they spread the word that BP isn’t worth buying.

All I’m saying is that I don’t think that’s “shady”, unless they had known from the beginning that they would do that. Is it a crappy thing to do to those who paid for the premium BP? Sure, it sucks. But was it premeditated dishonesty? No.

It wouldn’t be the first time I got in trouble for using a wrong word or an expression. I’ve done that even in my own native language :laughing:

Yeah, that’s why @Multigun’s recaps were such a treasure. Videos and streams are nice to watch when you have some time, but the information in them is neither discoverable nor searchable. And to be honest, it’s a little disappointing that they spent all these years relying on the effort from an unpaid enthusiast to make their information easily accessible to everyone :frowning:

At any rate, I agree that the BP should have had a visible in-game timer from the start.

1 Like

I don’t think that is always the case. The chores of the BP were stuff most of us did hundreds of times. We will keep doing them because they are necessary to the game. I think some people bought premium because they wanted the rewards asap. They didn’t want to wait. So, they bought Premium and they got the rewards they could have gotten in a few hours of a Single Player session with admin mode on for a lower price, if they were in such a hurry. I think this is why most people bought Premium, because it was obvious the BP was very easy to complete. Only someone with very little knowledge of the game would think it was hard to finish the BP. They wanted the rewards without the chores and didn’t want to wait.
So, they got what they paid for. I honestly don’t see the problem here. Funcom, realizing they might get frustrated might have a kind gesture towards those who offered them money, but they aren’t moraly obliged to do so in any way. It would be a courtesy, no more.
Orherwise, nobody will buy Premium again, not in the same molds. It simply isn’t worth it. Some people didn’t realize it soon enough…

why should they? it is a courtesy from funcom and they are not obliged to do so. the BP works as it was and, if you really want it, can easily be completed in the 90 days.

ah… the sweeping blow when you run out of arguments. this disqualifies you as a discussion partner. i’m out. my time is too valuable for that.

why? they announced exactly this before the start of the BP in case the number of completed BPs did not correspond to what they had envisaged. and now exactly this case has occurred and now it is shady? i don’t understand it… sorry.

they announce it. they meet the buyers and then it is shady… :crazy_face:

yes, i can see that too and i would also be upset, but at myself, if i had spent money without informing myself beforehand for what and what other conditions are involved. stuff like the announcement that there will be extra XP if the number of completed BPs towards the end of the BP does not meet funcom’s expectations.

could this information be easier to find? definitely. funcom still has a lot of potential for improvement in this area.
can the information be found with a little effort? definitely, and if my money isn’t worth this effort, then I can’t blame others for my own laziness.

both the ~90 day duration of the BP and the configurability of the XP bonuses provided by funcom are no secret and have been repeated several times by funcom as well as many content creators. you can find this information if you want to and when it comes to money you should want to. but if you’re not interested then there’s no reason to complain afterwards.

1 Like

I have now read through all the statements here.

And I come to the conclusion that there is more emotion flowing here than logic.

@CodeMage and @Testerle are exempt from this, their statements are well founded and I can only agree with them.

No tricks were applied to the BP, the Premium BP is also not a trick.

Anyone who buys the Premium BP has decided not to play the game and thus the challenges properly.
(So a refund is not acceptable)

The bazaar is really a FOMO thing that involves tricks.
I’m playing on a server with someone who buys everything. (Because she can)

And she says herself that the bazaar is far too expensive for someone who doesn’t care about spending money, that you are still tempted to spend money on certain items because subliminally it is suggested that it would be a great thing.

1 Like

You do remember how the forum members helped in the feedback they needed?

We are equally responsible! All we do constantly is fight each other and filling threads with fights for things they don’t belong to us!

@erjoh topic about battle pass and bazzar have over 1k replies!
90% in it, is fights between members again!

That’s why we end up the last to be noticed! We push them away from their own living room!

My last contribution here!
As a costumer I felt a bit insulted with the bazzar, I would love to have more clarity in the next one if possible! Plus 9 would like to buy more on my purchase, I think what is sold is a bit pricey!
If possible, it’s not a demand. I can always not buy!
For the premium battle pass I didn’t buy it, so I don’t know and cannot understand how op feels. Because of that I respect his feelings and accept them as feedback!

That’s all, love you all!

1 Like

The only thing I dislike about the bazaar is having to wait for it to “resupply”. When I started playing again I only had the sandstone set 2 available. I also want the 1st set! Who knows when it will be available now… :pensive:

since one is quickly insulted as a white knight here, I have to clarify a few things.

do I personally like the battle pass? at least I don’t think it’s bad.

• for me, the content offered (I mean the items and not the challenges) is ok in relation to the price.
  • you can do the challenges on the side or just cheat your way through in single player if you don’t feel like it (I see that as positive).
  • very positive from my point of view: I get the crom points I invested back and can get the next BP directly without any additional costs, if I want to.

do I personally like the bazaar? no way for several reasons:

• the prices are outrageously high.
  • descriptions do not match what you actually get. if you describe an item as storage, then it should really be storage (will probably be fixed for 1 item with the next patch).
  • you see the picture of a lamp and think of the existing braziers and all you get is a small table lamp at a price that is outrageously high for a large lamp… unfortunately only the price said “i’m big”. by the way, I didn’t buy it myself, but someone on the server I was playing on. with this prices, I will not invest a cent in the bazaar, even if I were swimming in money. outrageous stays outrageous, no matter how much money i have.
  • the limited number of sets that can be viewed and purchased at the same time is complete crap. that was crap in chapter 1 and will be a much bigger crap in chapter 2 when we have twice as many sets in the rotation.
  • the order of the sets in the rotation is completely incomprehensible. why does it all start with the sandstone set 2 and then it takes several refresh rounds until set 1 appears. who comes up with such ideas?

do i find funcom’s communication sufficient? no way. there is so much room for improvement.

• almost every modded server suffers from the endless loop of mod conflicts and that a fix is being worked on or that one is already finished and waiting for a release, you only find out somewhere in a subordinate clause.
  • bugfixes are released and important parts of the changes iare not in the patche notes. for example the mod cache which, once again, hit almost all modded servers hard. just activated with a bugfix without even saying a word about it in the patch notes.

and I prefer not to say how I feel about funcom’s behavior towards mods. that would only lead to a ban in the forum :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the high prices at the bazaar if the money actually helped them fixing the game faster, which doesn’t seem to be the case… :pensive:
The prices are high, that’s a fact. Nevertheless I bought everything there in the dumb hope that if people enough do it, they actually have the incentive to FIX THE DAMN GAME. I’m feeling dumber by the day, though…

so, even if the conclusion is correct, which i don’t believe in, then more money doesn’t automatically mean more employees and more bug fixes. you have to find new employees first and then they have to be trained first and be productive.

I actually understood the whole problem a little differently. funcom needs more money to maintain the current status quo. without the additional income that funcom expects from BP and bazzar, it is simply no longer possible to offer free content and other updates. I didn’t necessarily hear “more employees and faster bug fixes” from this

2 Likes

That’s what I heard as well. ‘we have to keep the lights on’.

I did the math of how things added up in another thread last week. I think that shut down the conversation because no one responded. My labor cost estimate was over $1M dollars for FC.

Ok. I’m sick so my attention to detail is crap but are there people actually arguing that the increase in challenge XP is bad? That trying to ensure everyone gets their money worth of the battle pass is somehow sleazy? I just don’t get folks anymore.

3 Likes

Indeed.

That’s a wrong analogy. They didn’t put premium BP on sale. They unlocked for free what was locked behind the pay wall to help everyone achieve the same result for free that other players achieved with money. The analogy with a game on sale is wrong, because in that case customers pay full price to play the game on release. And when the game goes on sale the customers just can not buy the same product. The game on release and the same game six month later are different products with different value. But in this case completing the BP has the same value regardless on when you do this, day 1 or day 90… You unlock all the rewards before they gone forever. So when the company unlocks this value for everyone for free (for whatever reason), this basically devalues premium feature and makes it useless and pointless for anyone who purchased it.

And no matter how easy it was for you to get all the awards with the standard BP. They had two products:

1. Standart BP where you have to make challenges to unlock all the rewards before they gone.
  2. Premium BP where you get all the rewards instantly.

Now 1 and 2 are the same. Everyone got the value that Premium BP provided. Meaning those who purchased Premium BP paid for nothing.

Did the premium holders not get the boost in levels? If they did, then they got their money’s worth.

Does it matter than the company is trying to do a last ditch effort to let those that have not gotten everything to get it fully done? No it shouldn’t.

For the company (@Community ), do the numbers you are using to get the statistics distinguish between true active players vs alt accounts that will not move past BP? (IE Are you using paid for BP accounts as the sole source of this or # accounts in general?) I can see using general accounts as a bad method since too many folks have alt accounts that will not remotely participate in BP and that can really skew your stats.

Correct, they didn’t do that. And yet, it shouldn’t be too hard to grasp the analogy here. What would be the effect of placing a discount on premium BP? More people can finish the BP faster. What’s the effect of boosting the XP rewards? More people can finish the BP faster.

Both things make the BP rewards more accessible to more people. It’s really not that hard.

Wrong. They didn’t do that. Even with the XP boost, there is no way you can instantaneously skip 15 levels. Resorting to falsehoods does not help your credibility.

No, they’re not. You either don’t understand the most basic things about the BP, in which case you’re not qualified to argue about it, or you’re deliberately lying.

1 Like

Yes. But essentially even a slowpoke like me can do the BP in 2 days even without Admin panel or other cheesy practices. So yeah, it’s the same.

“Everyone who calls me out on my dishonest arguments is a shill.”

EDIT: Also, calling @Palm523 a Funcom shill is freaking hilarious. :rofl:

2 Likes

Why would they change and/or modify it in the middle of the season? Thats what I find shady. Change it next season, and tell the players “we noticed that not everyone completed the season, so like we mentioned, we are tweaking the XP values for you to complete it quicker”

I mean, they hired an “expert” on monetization for this purpose. Did that person really mess up that bad that they couldnt implement the monetization properly?? Yikes.

Yes, Im sure some people who bought the premium feels this way too. Any they will never spend a penny on premium ever again. How did that pencil out for Funcom?

If Funcom wants to save face, keep the XP values at double where they are and offer 30 levels (double) in the premium. Maybe then it might make some people buy it, but by now, I doubt it. Damage done.

A great description of Funcom for the last 5 years.

Amazing that they couldnt be bothered to check other games that have season passes or battle passes and see how they are run. Perhaps another fail on their “expert”?

People shouldnt have to read the fine print on page 46 of the forums to see this. It should all be on the Crom coin page in game. Should.

People are complaining because they modified the XP values during the event. If they waited till the season was over, I bet you a season pass this discussion wouldnt have happened.

At the end of the day, whats done is done. People are salty over this move and it will cost Funcom money down the road, as the people who feel burned will just bitch next season demanding more XP and a faster season. Funcom kicked the ball down that hill, the players will just keep it rolling.

No one stated this.

Very wrong. By doing the challenges “properly” do you mean cheesing it in single player with the admin menu? Do you have any examples of other games with season or battle passes that allow this?

100%. Were told things will cycle. But when? Next month, next year?

Cheesy, dirty and dishonest to those that paid money for the premium only to see Funcom increase the XP values because some players arent progressing fast enough. One side says “suck it up, you spent money for a service, got it, now dont be mad” and the other is thinking “why cant people get done in 90 days what players should be able to get done in a week”?

I still dont know why Funcom cares who or how many finish the season. Sales and revenue is what they are looking at.

That’s a poor excuse. As a service provider you can’t sell services with adjustable SLA after the deal was made. If you adjust SLA afterwards, you adjust the price or the result accordingly. If you don’t — you are a fraud. It’s a crime in area where I am working. And I don’t understand why it is not in gaming!

We just so got used to fraud schemes from the games publishers, that take pleasure defending them and even accusing and calling names those who fell to their deceiving practices.

All these battle passes and in game shops are tolerable at best, and only if they done right. Everything else — is a scheme. And I am sick of any of you who find it in themselves to defend these practices.

I am sorry. I am in a middle of a meltdown now. I didn’t purchase the BP, and didn’t purchase the Premium. Premium BP is a scheme in it’s core, in it’s initial state. And what happened to it after Nov 11 is a joke. And I feel sorry for anyone who purchased it. And I am not even mad at Funcom for some reason as I mad at you. Because I kinda feel like Funcom are learning (maybe? I don’t know, I want to think they do, and they will find a way to make it better) and this has nothing like what Blizzard did with Diablo Immortal (which is borderline a crime). But I refuse to understand how you can even find words to accuse the OP of a waste of money and saying that the fact that their purchase burst like a soap bubble is their own fault and not the company’s.

Funcom screwed up the current version of Premium Battle Pass. Big time. They need a better premium. With additional rewards. With something that stands out in comparison to a regular BP. I don’t know, I am not a designer. But in it’s current state it’s nothing. And anyone who purchased it — paid for nothing.

There is a word for when you give money to someone but don’t get anything in return.