Premium items that look good, but actually are a waste of resources

I’m actually wanting that issue addressed as I feel it is truly game breaking as well. We have developed ways to jus redo characters as the way to play vs attacking the issue of why we feel its necessary.

No the point stands as my point is broadened to the logic behind this call…the root of the issue. You can debate in just this specific case but you would fail to see the broader point but I’m pointing out the initial limiting is exactly the point of survival games and storage, like crafting, is an aspect in this survival game. It is illogical to believe limitations in one (crafting) is acceptable for this type of game but not in the other (storage). I further stressed this point in that if the game started with the limited storage and requirements of various storage types in the beginning, no one would question it and went with it. The only reason the reaction is the way it is against this is because we have grown accustomed to the freedom of storage to only have 2 different types, refrigerated and normal. They are introducing others and I like it because its different and gives the game a different feel. Something that we…I have desperately wanted because it was getting dull.

All of these changes has gotten me to run two new characters from start and it’s actually pretty freaking fun to do with the new journey steps, the new BP items, and still dealing with all of the stuff that is out there.

Yes it’s forcing me to play differently and that is exactly what I needed to make this game pop again and loose literally hours of time, like a good book, vs going through motions that I could literally plan my day around, like a chore.

Sure. That’s definitely one way to go.

But you know why they won’t do it, don’t you? :wink:

You know what? Eff that noise. I am so tired of blaming the players for crappy decisions this company makes.

Yes, the players will complain about stuff incessantly. They’ll complain just as much about an item that does give unfair advantages as they do about an item that doesn’t.

And guess what? None of it has to matter. Who calls the shots here? Funcom.

Who gave 40 rows instead of 40 slots to both Arcane Curio Cabinet and Arcane Bookcase? Who gave 140k health to the Arcane Reinforced Window? Who nerfed Arcane Bookcase back to 40 slots promptly? Who left Arcane Curio Cabinet at 200 slots for months? Who left Arcane Reinforced Window like it is?

None of the players here took the devs’ families hostage or pointed a gun at the CEO’s head. All any of us can do here on the forums is scream into the void.

Funcom made all of those decisions and more. So this whole narrative about poor Funcom getting bullied by stupid players is a steaming pile of demagoguery.

You think they did all those things because they’re listening to feedback? Hell, if they were really listening to feedback, they would’ve upped one of the base game storage items to 200 slots, which would’ve taken them the same amount of effort as nerfing the Arcane storage. No, they did that because “aw, crap, we forgot to fix this one, we’ll get around to it now and eff the players who complain”. That’s the opposite of being bullied by complainers.

In fact, if we’re going to judge this community for being toxic, let’s talk about how you’re still pushing the whole judgmental reactionary bandwagon that @erjoh regretted starting. People should be free to discuss the flaws they perceive in the new content – especially the monetized content – without being told that they should be thankful for they got or called stupid for criticizing the messes Funcom keeps making.

8 Likes

Apologize if you want.
This one does not see any need for it.
Spicy interactions are given for this forum.
Hopefully this one conveyed a lack of earnest anger or offense. While this one would be miffed to be considered a min-maxer… but what basis would anyone have for an assumption to the contrary?
So… Meh?

We are good as far as this one is concerned. If the situation is otherwise, please inform this one directly.

But to expand, and this is a tangent, Golems are weak vs Starmetal, which makes them more PvE…
Except on Siptah.
Where Starmetal sits as a meh tier material and Eldarium reigns with obsidian (read:Gray One’s) as the extremely fast farmable early gear.
Are they likewise vulnerable to Eldarium and Obsidian?
Is this the anti-meta to deal with the last vestiges of Siptah gear lingering in Exiled Lands PvP?

3 Likes

3 Likes

To you directly and indirectly everyone else. Its dumb on my part to let my negativity in PvP get the better of me in other discussions. Plus it’s insulting everyone else as the have to spend time reading the crap. Most of you don’t deserve that… most :crazy_face:

3 Likes

For the record, I’m not saying be thankful. I’m saying I like this other direction more because it adds spice. And as we all know, spice must flow. Crap wrong game.

2 Likes

For the record, I wasn’t talking about you there :slight_smile:

I mentioned you, because your initial reaction got the ball rolling, but you were mature enough to own that and even apologize for it. Others picked up that ball, but where they went with it is not your fault.

The part about being told to be thankful was a direct reference to Mr. Don’t-Complain-About-Functional-Items-Because-They-Could-Have-Been-Strictly-Cosmetic-And-In-Fact-Should-Be-Because-You’re-All-Stupid over there :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the idea of being able to limit what the container should accept in its storage.

What I like a bit less is not giving the players any control over it. For example, it would be awesome if you could decide whether to use the storage container as an all-purpose container (i.e. a reskinned chest) or not. But I can live with not having that control.

What I outright dislike is the effect that all these storage capacity nerfs could end up having on official server performance.

2 Likes

I get this storages few days ago… placed them and I like the look but I didn’t know that they are limited to special items until I saw this thread some minutes ago :joy:

I don’t read the whole thread so I don’t know if someone mention it but the only positive I see in this case is that I can easily sort my harvest stuff by using the give all option. (is that p2w? :person_shrugging:)

I would like to see the option to limit every storage to individual items by myself.

2 Likes

Good and Rui isn’t in my basement…just saying.

And nevermind I don’t have a basement. That’s irrelevant.

1 Like

I honestly don’t get the fuss about the curio, every f2p game and some b2p mmo’s games sell storage in some form or another.

a 1-time purchase for a 200 slot storage item… not worth the complaints.

and the ones that complained about the “reinforced” window… were pvp players, if the devs were to react everytime a pvp screams p2w or ‘item x is op’, everything would be nerfed into oblivion.

And this is my biggest problem with the monetization efforts. The game isn’t f2p. I’m not sure what is holding back that decision but it shows a lack of commitment to the new method of you arent dead set in getting the vehicle or sales in as many hands as possible.

This leaves FC staff and players confused.

1 Like

your dedication to blindly defend for Funcom is getting stale.

I’m not defending them. The fact that there is still ‘some’ functional paid items is leading to a whole slew of issues. Those would be solved if they sanitized all paid items. Community will still whine, but at least things will be consistent.

1 Like

I agree. It makes it easier when “dumping” before logging off. And you dont have to fill it. Being abke to walk up give all makes it so much faster. Plis in a large clan, seeing the visual removes the always asked qiestion from fighters in clan of " Where do you want the wood and stone?". A QoL chest is what they are.

We rarely agree on anything, but we agree on this.
The constant hand wringing over digital items that are NOT Premium, just fillers, and you did NOT pay for, if you are doing the BP steps, is sadly amusing.
If these items were on the Bazaar, I would totally agree with the OP, but since they are just BP fillers, you can use them or not.

Ive bought the game but for some reason I do not have training wheel that sits on 1 foundation.

1 Like

The entire Battle Pass is free?
This one must submit a bug report.

When this one looked, only the ore box was part of the complimentary offerings.
The other three (?) were part of the paid track.
The lumber, hides, and herbs boxes, if this one recalls, also share similar narrow restrictions. Almost comically so, for example, the herbalist oubliette can’t even hold seeds.

So yes, the ore box is a gift horse, lame as it may be.
The rest require additional investment.

1 Like

After reading this thread earlier, I decided to drop two of these. ( I have only gone through BP enough to have 2) As someone who picks up every loot. (My kids hate it) I am in love with them. Just hit give all and all my ore is out of my bags and off I go again. I do wish they were bigger, but I am a hoarder who likes her horde organized :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Due to an unusually high amount of flags on this post, we will have to close it.

Please make sure to read our Social Guidelines before posting any replies/posts to avoid this in the future.

We wish everyone a good rest of the week!

1 Like