Prestige Levels!

In hopes of adding a little extra fun to the Conan Exiles endgame I would like to suggest adding prestige levels. For example when a player reaches level 60 the experience bar changes colors and adds a prestige level in parenthesis. You will continue to gain experience points from combat which will increase your prestige level. No extra skill points or bonuses need to be added. I would just enjoy being able to show off to the rest of the server while adding to the enjoyment of grinding dungeons.

What do you think exile community?

• Yes!
  • No!

0 voters

10 Likes

Sure, why not. As long as they were purely ornamental then I don’t really have a problem with it. Seems a relatively pointless thing to grind IMO, but then people grind the weirdest things in games.

1 Like

Indeed. Then again, if there was an unlockable cute cosmetic-only swimsuit at the end of the grind-road it would give extra motivation to keep on grinding.

5 Likes

Hypothetical question Knox. Would we lose our Attribute and Stat points and have to unlock them as we go again? If so it sounds like fun to actually be somewhat vulnerable again. I miss leveling and have often yearned for a prestige mode of some sort. In fact I once suggested it myself.

3 Likes

I’ve often thought the same thing. I’ve been playing on the same server for over a year and frequently wonder how much experience I would have had if it didn’t stop recording.

I also regard enemies that never drop loot to just be annoying obstacles that are a waste of my time. While that feeling might not be completely negated if I still got experience for them, at least it would reduce it.

Extra levels as a cosmetic number alone is probably the best choice, though it actually wouldn’t hurt anything to continue awarding feat points (though maybe at a reduced rate), since those can already be maxed out with Fragments of Power.

Also, you should have added an “I don’t care” option to the poll so the people who have no interest wouldn’t default to no.

4 Likes

I’ve had the same character on a PVE server now for… jeez I can’t remember. It’s been a long time. I admit I might jump to other servers and play off and on, but I’ve never let my original Lake town decay.

It would be pretty cool to see what level I could have reached by now. I do agree that I avoid fights, etc unless it’s for a drop I need/ want. Combat just for combat eh…

A badge or title system would be really cool. Have something appended to either our username or Character. I wouldn’t want to see any type of gain in stats or feats as the game would become easy to one sided for the long time players.

3 Likes

We don’t all default to no. I don’t really care either way, but figured “why not” so voted yes.

3 Likes

I would rather tie the prestige thingy to doing the bracelet quest. Anything to seperate the adventurous from the sheeps of comfort.

1 Like

Yes Yes Yes! :heart_eyes: I would love to gain experience points all the time, even after reaching the maximum level. It’s pure pleasure to see the numbers grow.

Of course, it wouldn’t bother me if there were no prizes for it, but experience/prestige points could be used to create some items.

For example :thinking:, creating one legendary repair kit would require 1,000,000 experience points, in addition to the other ingredients.

4 Likes

Yes. But It is literally just a badge to say this character is OG. No harm in giving people who don’t want to start over on servers some fun stuff that has nothing to do with grinding or fighting. Think of it as an earned place able, that just gives one some sense of accomplishment. And it can be helpful for new players to see. It would let one know that person with the “badge” could answer key questions about server health and type of population on the server. Kind of a local citizens badge.

5 Likes

If they don’t care they shouldn’t vote lol :joy:

1 Like

I was thinking of two possibilities. Either you only gain prestige levels while at level 60 or you gain one prestige level every time you unlock your bracelet at level 60. Idc what Funcom does as long as there’s a little more purpose to combat. I find myself avoiding most fights since I have pretty much everything on both pve and PvP.

1 Like

No, there would be no rewards. Just an extra number next to your name.

If they need to see the votes I would assume they care.

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea I disagree on starting a new character though but to allow you to continue on with your current lvl and each prestige can have its own color this will let players now how long a player has been playing on the server

5 Likes

I think there could be a reputation system based on this prestige points, that would affect certain NPCs behaviour toward the player.

For example a top level prestige character would be feared (so merchants would sell stuff for lower prices, normally aggressive NPCs would stay neutral o start running away - like preys - when ingaged).

Also, it would be nice if these prestige points came with “titles” which would be unlocked for the player.

2 Likes

I agree with you Strider. As an Offline Singleplayer, it took me well over 8 months to grind the resources and build my 2 storey Black Ice mansion. I just dont have the free time to start again at my beginnings. If I had to remove the Bracelet first, I just wouldnt be able to use this feature.

3 Likes

Very interesting concept! I would be happy with just an extra number but I think NPCs interaction could be a subtle advantage that isn’t unbalanced.

2 Likes

Fantastic point! I agree, it might even help turnover rates for servers seeing veterans active on the server.

3 Likes

Yes! Above all I would like to see a higher average server population. Prestige levels give players something to collect while not cluttering the environment for others.

2 Likes