Private server goes offline often

Hello dear Funcom @Hugo @Ignasi I have had a private server for 1 week in PS4, I would like to know why the server goes down 3-4 times a day and takes a long time to appear (from 10 minutes to 1 hour). The server is almost always between 30 and 40 people, I would like to have some solution so that it is not disconnected so often.
PS: I can increase slots from 40 people to 70 or that would be worse. Thank you

As far as I know, Funcom doesn’t manage private servers. Have you contacted the server hosting company?

I know that funcom does not manage them but they should know something about it like the subject of slots to know if I can increase them. I got in touch with G-portal too but still haven’t received a reply

What?

What has the ISP todo with server-reboots? o_O

Reboots are managed server side.

And yes the player slots can be adjusted in the server.ini or with a server management gui, However I don’t know it the manager is available for Ps4, So having g-portal tweek the ini is your best bet.

It is definitely something that G-portal needs to look at. No quite sure whether you have access to the logs as a PS4 server owner to look for any clues. It could be that your server runs out of memory (low allocated RAM) or something of this sort. Nothing Funcom can help with in any case.

1 Like

But then again, its completely GPortal fault, if the servers runs out of RAM… If people need to purchase a 70 slot server, so that 40 players can play, its 1000000% GPortal problem.

But thats nothing new… server-hosting for consoles is a nightmare, as you only have a small amount of hoster.

Lets not forget the LATAM disaster… “oh, the database were corrupted and we didnt had ANY backup at all -> server reset”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.