Problem of our own creation

There is that I guess, but that really only affects Siptah players due to them not able to get beastial memory potions.

And, the devs know about it, and they have for many many months. That doesnt fall on you or me to do anything else.

Still a game breaking bug… and it still plagues non-siptah players because, though we know about, plenty of others don’t. I just played with some people recently that were using them quite a bit and no idea.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Sure, but if you look at the comments above. The whole discussion started with an expected responsibility of us players to be reporting issues on testlive. Then, I said that if it was a gamebreaking and not reported in live, thats as far as I would go.

The issue you brought up has been reported a long time ago, so no blame can really fall on anyone except Funcom for their failure to fix and address in a timely manner.

I guess I dont see it as game breaking due to the fact that my toon is past the stages of using it. I realize there is lots that still rely on it, but from the above point of view, no blame or fault lies with us players.

1 Like

Care to expand?

Finding bugs at any stage and reporting them is helpful. With the public beta client updated, its the earliest time to find bugs. A bug may be less important than another bug and doesn’t get lumped in with the fixes on live release simply because there were more pressing things to address. It’s not like it goes to public beta and stays there until all bugs are addressed… so finding them early means if there isn’t something ahead of it in the queue, it could get fixed, but at least FC gets a report at the earliest time to prioritize it as time goes forward.

Reporting bugs is always helpful. Not reporting bugs is not helpful…

You maken it real hard to be nice. No I don’t think I’ll waste my time explaining something that should be quite obvious.

I’m not sure what you were facepalming about up there either…
this post you facepalmed on is literally 100% accurate :man_shrugging:

Like… doh… game-breaking means you can NOT play… period… it does not mean that "you’re inconvenienced because if you retalent then there’s a small chance some of your world-obtained recipes might disappear so you might have to go around and use the objects again or farm some more RNG stuff… "
so no, the yellow lotus isn’t game-breaking either… it never was…

explain me how i will re obtain a recipe learned in ios while my character is stuck in exiled lands if i use the potion and loose an ios recipe then?

You don’t?.. you were never meant to…
You got some experimental version of a server transfer that ended up causing more harm than good so it was disabled… accept that fact and move on :slight_smile:

Like, I’m not trying to be mean here, but sometimes people cling to their digital stuff just a bit too much, in any case that isn’t game-breaking either since you still have a perfectly functional game even if you can’t craft those things that are specific to a completely different map.

1 Like

No, you seem well aware of why I face palmed.

Feel me now?

True, but if you don’t go out of your way to be helpful, that doesn’t shift the responsibility to you.

This thread is like being told that you’re to blame for homelessness if you don’t volunteer for community service at the nearest homeless shelter.

6 Likes

Idk, I don’t blame other people when they don’t go out of their way to be helpful. I do however feel ashamed when I see someone who needed help and I didn’t help them.

1 Like

Just verifying.

Clearly sarcasm, I caught that :smiley: But, no problem.

Now, please go back…again, and youll see that I said that the majority of bugs fall in to the category of non game breaking. Not ALL bugs, but the majority. That means there is a minor amount of current bugs that are indeed game breaking.

Thanks for playing sport!

Then dont start a thread whining about how people dont do things the way you like, and failing to have a conversation pertaining to the topic.

Its fine, you dont need to make a list…because we both know the game has bugs, and the majority are not game breaking. The very small minority can be game breaking, but theyve been reported for quite some time, so no fault lies on the players.

How long has the yellow lotus potion been borked? Quite some time and no fix. Turn your efforts to Funcom, not the players.

1 Like

Wow, 2023 is sure starting off weird for me. I actually agree with you here! Lol!

1 Like

First question

My responce

You moving the goal post

Me responding to you moving the goal post

No actually it didn’t. Go back and reread the first post.

Caught up now?

@Xevyr , i have no problem with ur posts. I know u r not mean, as i know u r the helpful kind of player, and ofc i believe that also u , as i too, do not speak personally, but u r just expressing ur opinions here :wink::wink:

As for the transfer , plz elaborate a bit and let me know, why is it harmful in pve? What harm does it do?
Another thing that needs clarification is the how it is harmful in pve.
And a third question occuring is why they did not addressed the unbalance that makes ios recipes harmful , since they have done a gear rebalance (perfect opportunity to balance out or introduce counter gear in exiled lands) , or balance out character buffs occurring by sigils to similar buffs in exiled lands (since a rework on characters has been done)?
Things that has been reported and are known issues?
I can go a bit further back if u like and also ask why we in pve were left without god summoning for quite some time while in pve gods were not breaking the game at all…
Why me as customer have to suffer cause some people r unable to fix bugs for some years, and instead of fixing stuff , they r more focused in creating other things (lets say weapon seathing animations instead)??? Should not the guys that created the animation focus on more important things? (Like fixing the climbing glitch that is on for quite some time now?)

As for the transfers, even thou it’s offtopic (though fairly I think in this particular thread offtopic is better than ontopic :smiley: ) it’s not so much “harmful” than “not necessary”.

So how should I explain this best… While some people might like to experiment with things, as a generalized thing you don’t put chocolate cream in your cheeseburger :man_shrugging: right?

That’s pretty much the thing here. They had a legit technical roadblock when it came to expanding the map, so instead they choose to make a completely new map as a DLC instead of expanding the old one.
This in turn allowed them certain freedoms when it came to designing IoS. Items there no longer had to fit in with the EL map and it also gave them a good chance to experiment with things, as a result most of those things aren’t really balanced for EL and they have their own sigil mechanic like you said etc.

They then released that as a completely separate map with its own mechanics and own gear and own version of balancing, it was never designed to be merged, because they knew they can’t expand the original map.

But then suddenly people wanted to go back and forth, they even have mods facilitating transfers between clustered servers so Funcom caves in and tries to bring server transfers into the game.
Much like with a lot of things, they rush into it and not anticipate all of the potential pitfalls.
I’m pretty sure they had the best of intentions and just wanted to cater to people and boost their IoS sales a bit.
However due to the way they implemented this, it started to present technical issues, characters started to not go through to the other side and end up simply being deleted etc.

And ofc the ones who made it through quickly upset the balance of the other map, and while it’s mainly a PvP issue when it comes to balance… it’s not just… Why? Because even PvE players tend to lean towards “improvement”… so if you suddenly have eldarium weapons… then why would you care to get star metal ones? :man_shrugging: a whole section of the map was dedicated to that on EL and obsidian and so on.

When something is significantly better then it kills the competition and variety, which pretty much made everything else feel “useless” even more so than the map already managed to do it on its own (since we already had the issue of legendary weapons dwarfing in comparison to crafted ones by high tier thralls), on top of that the progression that they messed up from the start (roughly 0.2 XP rate is what would be “normal” for a game like this, the default one is absolutely stupid and makes every single one of those iron and steel recipes pointless)

My point is… that introducing this, made even PvE worse imo. ofc others might think differently. I would love being able to travel back and forth between the maps… but I would prefer it if it’s available for everyone (whether they bought IoS or not) and I would prefer it if it was made part of the game and not as an external transfer. Then they could balance Siptah as the continuation of EL and suddenly all of that would make sense from all gameplay perspectives and they could still rebalance some higher level zones in EL to actually require the Siptah stuff.
Atm, the way transfers were… it just wasn’t a good solution imo.

That’s pretty much regarding the transfers, ofc now that they’re disabled and people gave Funcom feedback of how it is a slight bit of P2W if they’re not creating similar equipment available for free, I highly doubt we will ever see transfers return in the form they were. For one they had technical issues and data loss so that requires work, but coupled with the feedback that work is probably the lowest priority for them atm. So we might see it if they really have nothing better to do :man_shrugging:

As for the weapon sheathing animations and why is that “important”. Funcom got some pretty serious backlash after 3.0 from the console side of things… while it was okay on PC (like really… I barely had any bugs happen in my game and everything played smooth), it was disastrous on the console front… and people are questioning why haven’t they dropped PS4 support completely if the game is unplayable on it…
So right now what they’re doing is trying to “get their act together” and somehow polish it up to where it runs fine on all consoles they support - at least by the look of it, that’s what’s happening. These animations are part of that optimization.

1 Like