Problem with Dedicated server launcher

pc

Hello, I’ve got a problem with the dedicated server launcher.
The problem is, once i start the program, everything is just fine. Until I try to move the program window.
Once I move the program window just a tiny bit, it resizes to like half. Small enough so make me not able to see all text etc. The main problem is that I can’t resize it back to normal. I’ve tried all different directions but it just won’t. It’s possible to move the window around, but not take it back to normal size.
Any one who might have clue why?

(Sadly new users can’t post images nor can I post a link, but I hope you understand)

Hey there,

Because I guess this isn’t ‘drag your window up to the top of the screen to make it go full screen’ and doesnt have a keybinding (I’d be trying to use F11/12 by now) or right click option for that - I don’t use it, so I’m clueless - I’ll tag :point_right: @Toolguy, who usually does reply on the main post for it - for future reference:

So, as mentionned by @TheLOLxd2 it’s a good idea to use the dedicated forum post for DedicatedServerLauncher related issues, because I do not monitor the other forum post :slight_smile:

The problem is, once i start the program, everything is just fine. Until I try to move the program window.Once I move the program window just a tiny bit, it resizes to like half. Small enough so make me not able to see all text etc. The main problem is that I can’t resize it back to normal. I’ve tried all different directions but it just won’t. It’s possible to move the window around, but not take it back to normal size.
Any one who might have clue why?

I’ve actually never seen that.

Could you give some more information?

• Which version of the Dedicated Server Launcher tool?
  • Which operating system version in which language?
  • How many screens do you have, and which resolution?
  • What’s the value of the DPI scaling for fonts?
  • Do you have special desktop /appearance / macros customization software?

Then, for the solutions, have you tried the following:

• Select the application and use the WIN key + one of the arrows (like win+left)
  • Task Manager -> Processes -> Expand DSL.exe -> right click Maximize

(Sadly new users can’t post images nor can I post a link, but I hope you understand)

Unfortunately I’ve never seen that particular issue, so it’s hard to help about it :slight_smile:

Normally the application has a fixed width, and the only resizable thing is vertically by dragging the bottom right corner to expand the game server log area.

Hello. Sorry about not using the main post.

I just tried a few different things after reading your answer. And I found what the problem is. It might be something about my resolution. I’m using a kinda big screen so the resolution recommended (which is what I use) is 3840 x 2160. I tried to lower it and the problem didn’t appear then.

But once I’m using 3840 x 2160 and moving the application the width is cut down to the green dots at server name & server password etc and I’m unable to drag it back.
I know that your program might not be the issue in my case, but do you have any clue where I can go to find an answer without lowering my resolution? :slight_smile:

But once I’m using 3840 x 2160 and moving the application the width is cut down to the green dots at server name & server password etc and I’m unable to drag it back

Ok, so this is a DPI/resolution problem.

Could you tell me what value you have for the font size?

Are you using 100%, 150%, something else?

Basically you probably encountered a High-DPI scaling issue, I’ve to admit I did not check that part.

Could you take two screen-shots: One with the application displayed correctly, and another one showing the display problem? I’m sure you can put that on imgur or any other image sharing software, if you can’t post on the forum.

I’m using 200%. I tried using 100% and the problem didn’t appear then either. So I guess that you’re right about the high-DPI thingy.

Correct display:

Display problem:

Thanks for the screenshots :slight_smile:

Interesting, yes indeed it’s DPI problem, can also see that with the icons being half the size of what I have on the screenshot on the official thread… and interestingly the status bar is also compressed on the left half of the screen.

That being said, I can understand the problem triggering when RESIZING the window, because I do modify the window size by code to handle the vertical resizing (which is probably where I butchered the horizontal computation), but this should not happen when just MOVING the window by dragging it with the title bar.

Can you confirm that the window gets truncated when MOVING as well?

Just to check, could you try the version 1.0.18 which I added for download a few days ago:

When I did try to reproduce the issue, I got different behavior between 1.0.17 and 1.0.18, which is puzzling considering their was no DPI related code change (but it was built from another code branch, so…)

Actually, please try this version:
http://cdn.funcom.com/downloads/exiles/DedicatedServerLauncher1019.exe

Hopefully it will work as expected, if it does, I will push it as the new official version.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.