Producer Letter on the XB1 stability issues (V)

3 updates in 4 weeks and last update 1 6 21. When was our last lie, I mean update? Month or so? And look, last pc update gave them lag so bad they can’t play. Sound familiar? Let’s see if they have to wait 5 months with no update. I bet they dont. Which will show where xbox community stands on their list of priority. They said its cause of covid and holidays, but that didnt stop them from pc update to shields and stamina. I mean come on, we all know how badly we need an update for stamina and shields. Game isnt worth playing if they dont fix that. What was so wrong with those two things that made it a priority to fix over an unplayable game and upset community? Or do they truly not care about xbox community? Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out. Actions, or lack of, says more then words or empty promises. We want action after 5 months of waiting. Or at least be truthful with us and tell us you dont care.

3 Likes

The game won’t even load on Xbox One. It stutters through the beginning logos and cinematic, I select “continue - single player,” it pretends to load for 10 minutes, then immediately crashes to the desktop. I want to play the game I bought. You know? The one that worked before all your recent updates.

1 Like

Apologies but is that speculation on when dune is coming or was there an announcement cause I’m happy with this game and I’m interested in dune too and I’d like to see more info about thanks for your time

The game has had issues since launch and very bad since July.

Lol the devs are big mad because they can’t fix the xbox they had to get some preparation h for all that but hurt

1 Like

I can’t even take it seriously any more have nothing positive to say at this point

2 Likes

Official server 2500 has been unaccessable all day.
Get a login error that says restart the game if problem continues

1 Like

Im not certain the lack of fixes for XB can be credited to ‘not caring’. Imo it is due to inability. I think the devs are incapable of fixing CE on XB.the base code for CE was broken and uncompleted from day one. Then the choice to ignore the bugs in favor for dlc packs was made, adding more bugs to the broken game with each release. Then add each patch and hotfix to the mix. The base code for this game is prolly comparable to a bag of snakes. No idea where one ends and another starts. Just a twisted mess of heads and tails…

Its not the devs fault, it is whomever gave the direction to ignore bugs and focus on dlc 3 years ago. That person is the individual responsible for the state of CE on XB, that person decided that XB players can suffer for 3 years and rising…

Ive started calling the game “7 ways to cry”…ya know an omage to another game that dropped console players into the pits of neverupdate. Ive had thousands of hours in it. Its like getting a divorce and wondering how much was wasted. I have great memories too and so wish they could make it work! But being let down over and over…just sux.

1 Like

FC does it because we allow it…we support them with sales, and reward their behavior…

2 Likes

On 7 days to die the one company that was hired to do the console ports went bankrupt and started right off the bat cut and discontinued the update but the company that had the pc rights was in a legal battle for years over the console rights and won them last year but updates would cost millions and at least till mid this year they will start getting everything wrapped up to start working on console ports and pc to bring them to the same lvl hope that helps on that

No release date yet for dune, but they are working on it.

Well, I came back to Conan after a year Id say. To find it crashing after an hour in. I’m sure we’ve all been in contact with customer service in one way or another. I’m gonna try Uninstalling and reinstalling again, then I’m gonna clear my memory, delete some games try to give it some space. Restart the old Xbox One. I’m hoping something works. I’m not really mad a funcom, as I’m just now experiencing bugs, for the past 3 years its been working for me fine. But I came back maybe a month ago, and man its been rough. I’m not gonna say I’ll permanently uninstall the game or whatever, cause I feel like Fun com will eventually fix this. I’m not sure how, or how long it will take. But I know if No Mans Sky can go from glitch galore to what it is now, then conan can too.

I get that Conan was made for PC and not for Xbox originally. But, what can I say I’m an optimist. Maybe a bit naive but I think they’ll fix it in some time. I’m sure they’re working hard.

Besides, I saw some people mad about PC getting updates before Xbox did. And well, thats kind of been happening with Mojang Bedrock, and Java for years. So I’m kinda used to it.

I mean hell, only reason I got Conan was cause it’s like a Rated R mine craft. ■■■■■■■, Gore, Slaves and buildnsht.

Anyway, good luck Devs and Funcom. Players, I’m sorry some of yall are mad and feel cheated. But hey, we’re all here for ■■■■■■■, slaves, gore, and buildsht atleast we can agree on that. All we gotta do is keep the community alive and wait for them to fix it so they can keep rolling out more awesome sht. Another thing I’m used to doing from No Man’s Sky is waiting. But to the players we lost, I’m sorry to see yall go, means I have less people to raid and build sht with. But I hope this game makes the comeback I know it can. Til then godspeed.

1 Like

Well damn I was hoping for more news owell I’m patient I can wait

Be sure you’re not alone. Im not buying anything from this funcompany. Anybody from my friendlist who buys sipta gets deleted.
I can do this conan-autopilot (reset timers and read in this forum from time to time) thing F.O.R.E.V.E.R!!!
There are enough games on market. I mean just read this thread, what a pissed off energy from customers against funcom. The interest of the XB community is so small. And 95% of the posts are devastating negative!!! That says it all!

Let me preface by saying this is the first time in my life I’ve ever created a profile to comment on a game’s forum. I’m doing it because I WANT to enjoy this game. I WANT to dump hundreds of hours and $100+ into this game. I don’t care about ARK, or Rust, or any of the others, I want to play YOUR game. Problem is, you’re making that very hard for me to do. As console players, we mostly understand that we take a back seat to PC a lot of the time, and we begrudgingly accept that. We do, however, expect that our version will get the same level of attention and care at some point. This does not seem to be the case right now. We need something more than “We’ll take a look when we get back from vacation, pandemic dontcha know. Sorry, should’ve picked a better platform to play on.” Meanwhile, more updates for PC! You have a passionate and dedicated community who really wants to see this game reach it’s potential, but we’re feeling pretty stupid right now. I basically get laughed at when I go to Conan discord servers and try looking for groups or servers to play on Xbox. How many fixes and updates have been released for PC since we started experiencing game-breaking problems on console? Please, give us some hope for the future of this game, or just tell us we’re SOL so we can move on.

4 Likes

Im an old guy who just got back into gaming few years ago. Started gta v, then got CE right before online dropped. It is my favorite game, but you cant tell by my posts here. I as many here have, watched the game evolve and grow. And had hundreds of days online playing, all dlcs to make game more visually pleasing. Have been patient, understanding, supportive and defensive for CE. But we could at least play it and have fun. I dont care about a new map, or online anymore, play in my own server. Which is starting to kick me more often. So I see both points hear as I feel for both sides. And we all want the same thing. CE to be playable.

2 Likes

Welcome to ‘Conan Exiles’…

1 Like

We dont even get much of a…" We know. We have a (mysterious) group working on console issues. Be patient."