PS4 - Age of Sorcery Chapter 3 Update Discussion Megathread

So not only do you take away the experience from journey steps, but now they can’t even get completed. Who knows then, maybe they do still give experience.

I wouldn’t know yet though, because the few that I’ve tried won’t register have of the things I’m doing.

Have you selected the actual journey step menu card you wish to complete?. It will highlight red

3 Likes

So I got a few hours in various characters and a new one.

The new journey system. Easy to use but omg, it’s painful to functionally do as a vet. I don’t know what it is (maybe just got stuck in my ways…I’m old you know) but it was hard to do the linear work.

Now I only get an hour here or an hour there and this journey system is competing with my battle pass marathon efforts and I m left with hardly accomplishing anything…I know it’s my ADHD snapping fully in but still…sucks you know.

6 Likes

Added new entry in the changelog:

7 Likes

Yes, I did thank you. At first I didn’t realize they were activated, but even after I did that I could not complete the simplest ones (gathering aloe and using a potion for example).

No matter what I tried they would only partially complete. What’s extra annoying is the journey step window makes the game run worse, and now its always on when you log on lol.

So it doesn’t work right, it slows the game down yet they were so proud of it they made it just pop up even with the journey step option turned off. What a complete joke.

This isn’t to mention anything about them not fixing a single existing bug before adding more haha. I still have foliage issues in siptah among many others.

2 Likes

For anyone experiencing the foliage issues, if you load up an offline/single player save in siptah, and you use the admin panel to spawn in a star metal sickle and use it there to return the greenery, it will be fixed of you quit out and load up an online sever.

I also got lucky in siptah and found a star metal tool as a random drop at a leyshrine taken over by thralls (I forget the name at the moment but it was the east one, middle)

I have not found blood crystal besides Mek’s. I’m not doing any video intro, so I rely on intuition. The dead sorcerer’s map is an example I’m looking for with blood crystals. There are no hints in my current status.

Just started playing game today. The revamped journeys system… How does that affect the trophy for complete the first chapter of the journey? I’m not seeing this first chapter as it used to be displayed. Any ideas into completing this? Or at least requirements?

Also, the trophy for creating first building and sleeping on a bed or bedroom is not popping. Have the requirements for these trophies changed as well? Or is this a glitch that may be fixed in a patch?

Thanks

Use the detect resources spell. The potential targets will glow red underground and wont pop unitill you stand on them. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I broke down and watched a quick video on it. Glad the spell doesn’t cost pouches.

1 Like

Tried new dungeon for first time in solo mode on PS4. Initially new village around Men-kamoses Spire did not load. I followed the red beam and was very surprised to see no Men-kamoses at the spire, in fact nothing had changed from the several years visiting this location. Just a red beam rising out of the steps, I thought, “wow Funcom this is so subtle, good on you.”

And after some exploration i saw a teleporter levitating about 10ft off the ground off to one side, no way to access it. After more exploration and clicking on things I was going to take a photo and leave and suddenly buildings starting popping in, me and my 2 thralls were attacked by dudes in black cultist garb, and an altar appears with a bikini clad woman shouting “Don’t touch me”…

There is some deep magic going on here. Must investigate further…

No indication how to find this new bloodstone everyone wants… I was in single player, so I created some bloodstone and entered teleporter once the steps finallllllly materialized…
curios-er and curious-er, says I.

Game Crash. No problem. Reload and back at it.

Get there, small encampment loads, get thralls mount steps, Entered the Dungeon with a level 5 Janos and a level 18 tier 3 Dancer both fully kitted and fed. I made it to the fog and maze level, enjoying every step immensely, was falling in love with Funcom again, not afraid to admit that. Then the fog maze, pillars and zombies appeared, damn-damn-damn-cr#p! Got pinned by zombie horde that was not there a second ago… shucks. Swung sword couple of times but was in medium armour didn’t stand a chance with mob of 5-7 zombies materializing (??) on top of me and stun-lock-ganked me.
To death.

I reload in my base and my first thought is to get my followers out of dungeon.

As I go to leave my base game crash… cool par for the course (its a PS4 thing you just go with it). I know the mantra now. Turn Game Off, Turn off PS4, rebuild database on PS4. (My own fault for not upgrading console, sorry).

After about 15 min. database done PS4 loads, get into game kit out race back to Shrine just me and healing pots, and Heavy Gear. Get to Shrine and both my thralls are standing outside dungeon both full health level 20

¡nice!.

So all in all pretty cool Dungeon although I must confess I really do not understand magic.

TLDR : tried Dungeon on PS4. Much surprises, very beautiful. Hard on PS4 stuff just materializes so wear heavy armour. went in with lvl 4 and lvl 18 thralls, died, game crashed, after crash both thralls MAGICALLY lvl 20 waiting outside for me.
Confusing, beautiful, mysterious, just like life.

****Note Small settlement around Men-koses now loads for me more quickly, then my first time visiting. Haven’t tried dungeon again, gonna wait a bit. (3 months or so seems to be the standard).

3 Likes

ALSO NOTE, NOT A FAN OF THE NEW JOURNEY STEPS,
A to B to C, can you do D? No not until you do A and B and C…

Level 60 guys, you reset all my journey steps and now a game that did not crash, crashes every hour again… come on. What is this December 2022?

You just fixed this.

I enjoyed the parts of the dungeon I was able to explore, but no way that dungeon is crashing my game, when I am off farming stuff in the Jungle. It is your bloody revamp of the Journey steps.

Stop breaking stuff. Just stop. Sometimes it’s just nice to hop on a game you loved 6 months ago and play without crashing. Every other game I have plays without crashing.
You fixed sorcery, then with this update random crashing again.

Said another way:
Yes I am playing other games, but I keep coming back to Conan, like it is my abusive ex.
I am fighting my addiction, I keep telling myself she (FUNCOM) has changed, but every time I fall asleep FUNCOM cuts off my bits. I just got them sewn back on.

FUNCOM." THIS update I promise I won’t cut off your bits"

also FUNCOM:
please submit an error report regarding the size and shape of your said bits, and we will try to locate them and take steps to not cut them off in the future."

cries softly into forum about his addiction to his bits & bytes being removed and thrown into a field every six months. :face_holding_back_tears::

5 Likes

HEY! When did gouging on the Annoying Shard no longer effect undead (at least on EL)? Sort of the whole point of having it separate than bleed wouldn’t you think? I mean why call it gouging at all if it’s just bleed?

Also I starting getting the hang of the journey steps. I think when you get into step that are somewhat vague (like upgrade your building in Mason Journey) you should be more specific in the title. “Upgrade Tier 1 building to Tier 2” Upgrade Tier 2 building to Tier 3". That way us that just jump from T1 to T3 aren’t scratching our heads at why that isn’t considered an upgrade.

2 Likes

Since the update, the game is very bad, slow and constant crashes, especially when there are many NPCs or the purge crashes the game. A warning appears, you have been disconnected from the game. You try to log in and it logs you out again.

Yeah I know what you mean. Had the same issue trying to go to t3.

Then it dawned on me, a noob starting out wouldn’t have the t3 ingredients. So then I went and started with basic stuff. That’s helped a bit.

Later on there’s an upgrade where I went to t3 and it counted.

1 Like

It was a long time since I didn’t play Conan Exiles and I felt like playing it this weekend. I downloaded the game just to discover that its unplayable, I imagine that its because of the new patch.

Choppy intro cinematics, frame freezes all the time, no music, desynchronized sounds, weird textures, no foliage, enemies disappears during the fight and when i kill them, maybe more things but I stopped playing after 5 minutes.

4 Likes

Its just bad…

1st fps keeps dropping to a point that the game crashes
2nd you cant obtain several trophies
3rd the game is laggin when you play online
4th i dont know if they actually tested it on others platforms, but for PS is not working…

2 Likes

New hotfix released.

Patchnotes:

3 Likes

Does anyone have a list of the new Journey steps? I sometimes have issues reading my TV screen and having a list of what steps to do next would be helpful for me.

Did you fix the invisibile stuff?