PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

Thanks for the suggestions, but this time I actually got the proper respawn selection choices every time so sounds like this issue is a different, random, even more frustrating event… LOL.
I was overencumbered when I grabbed all the gear (which made me too slow to flee before I could don armor & weapons) but never chopped up any corpses - died too soon.

Know ur pain there me an my wife both spec for max encumbrance so when ya die with 500% only to find u picked up half ur stuff it’s aggravating to say the least we built us a black ice house with a map room near the frost teample to farm star metal easier to avoid that area for sure

Isnt it a violation to be on a server and have the admin change settings at will Really need to know and if not why?

How can you not help me thier your servers?

Are you playing on a private server. If you are playing on official Gportal server there is no admin. If on private server it does belong to the renter how ever the rules shouldn’t be changed daily contact the admin.

Hey there,

Quick update: Our team is testing some fixes that could potentially improve performance on consoles based on the feedback we gathered from our community. We don’t have any estimated time yet for its release, but our plan is to release it as soon as it passes our QA tests.

4 Likes

Awesome news @Ignasi. Thanks for the update. Hopefully testing goes well and the performance issues that we’ve all been experiencing get fixed up. Have been waiting for an update on the performance situation before I started playing again.

1 Like

Do you have team that tests on PS4? How do I get my name on the list? :wink:

Hey sestus got a question for ya was wondering how to go about asking it so here goes been playing on a server i believe is a rented server been haveing problems with a clan called [redacted guild] why would any1 want to be associated with that name is beyond me anyway got into it with i guess thier leader i accused him of being a hack cause game always kicks me when he gets on only time it does it anyway now server is down and has been down was wondering if you could check into it for me just wondering if my usumption was true and they were hacks sorry for the long text bro please let me know what you find out k its called Barbarian kingdom

all right to start with that has to be a rented server because it has a name as to the name of the clan that has a deleted name because it’s disgusting or vulgar unfortunately I’ve been on some servers wear half the clan names were that way is say I did not stay on the server very long cuz they were really delete delete delete as to someone hacking or spamming I understand it can be done from the little bit I’ve read on the Forum not sure how . it’s possible the person that you ran into is the at is an admin or the owner of the server

Welcome to check out our server WYRM,S BANE it’s boosted no loss on death. Pvp server with pvp normally turned off turning on this weekend for a try also have a arena. With prizes SATURDAY. Wish I had a better answer for you.

Hey everybody,

We just released a hotfix that aims to improve performance on PS4. It’s another step towards our objective of improving overall performance in the game. Please note that this patch is aimed at reducing the stuttering and lag during gameplay. Any reported crashes will still happen as he have not addressed that. It will come in a later patch, along with more improvements.
Thanks for your feedback and patience, once again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Will check it out after work this afternoon.

You said aim to improve rather than fixes/removes stutters does this mean that internal testing wasn’t entirely successful?

A good patch !
I feel optimistic, I think that after this patch Conan Exiles is ready to leave the alpha test stage and finally enter a cautious closed-beta period !

1 Like

We want to be cautious in how we phrase our patch notes. As this is still an ongoing work in progress, we do not feel confident to claim all stuttering has been eliminated. Rather, we kept progressing towards our objective of making performance be more solid. The upcoming building optimizations would be another step towards this goal, and so on.
For the time being, we’re interested in knowing if you felt a noticeable improvement regarding performance while playing the game. In particular, the annoying stuttering and lag at random locations.

I’ve only played for a brief moment this afternoon but from that small sample it did look like performance had been improved significantly. I did still get a stutter or two but they were very mild and nowhere near as often or as severe as they were prior to this hotfix.

@Ignasi Did you get my message and video about the ghosting? What do you think?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Awesome, this is such a welcomed fix! I can hardly wait. Thanks for the good news Ignasis.

2 Likes

I made this into a thread on it’s own but then came across this. So I’m adding this in here in hopes it will come across the right eyes.

This has been taking place in the Official PvP server #3833. There are many player made structures and our clan’s “Compound” is indeed one of if not the largest base on this server. There are many thralls and pets that cover the area. We do experiance lag, skips, freezes and crashes. As well as other issues such as not all the thralls or pets eating, thralls and pets “vanishing” or falling through flooring/foundation and building sections not loading in. The last of witch I believe has allowed players to loot benches that are indoors before the wall loads in. However the reason for this thread is as follows.

“For the past week I have had several members of a separate clan troll us by destroying our buildings and dropping all of our items on the floor to “rot away”. This has gone on in a server that claims to have specific raid hours. (5pm - 11pm) As of the writing if this report, it is 0200 on my birthday morning and I still have to repair and fend off these trolls. My clan members and myself sadly are disgusted by this and my members have stopped playing about two days ago. This is a big misstep and apparently has been exploited by many players. I really like this game but after a week of this I may have to move to something else until this and some other major fixes come into play.”

Originally this was it’s thread, figured I’d post it here, too.

So it’s 2019 now, and ps4 pro still appears to be absolutely broken. I’ve reinstalled 3 times, and I simply CANNOT fight mid/high-end enemies. I can’t even see what I’m attacking 80% of the time. They’re just invisible enemies until they load after 2 minutes of dodging the wind. I play with 4 other people on a server and none of them have this kind of graphic lag on their normal ps4’s, and one has the EXACT same problem on his Pro, including the same slow texture loading that the regular ps4 doesn’t have. It isn’t internet based. We’ve tested this by bringing the ps4 to the house of the person with 0 net issues.

I don’t know what to do other than complain at this point that you very OBVIOUSLY have either a testing team of armless mutants that aren’t sure how a video game works (since they don’t have the hands to play them) and give you the go-a-head to release, or you have no testing team at all.

I could go on to continue to list things that are still mindless problems, but this is the biggest one that’s literally making the game unplayable outside of floating around and building in godmode.

Fix. Ps4. Pro. Performance.
Fix. Ps4. Pro. Performance.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Install the game on a Ps4 Pro.
  2. Play the game.
  3. Die to the invisible ninjas.
  4. Die to the invisible ninjas.
  5. Die to the invisible ninjas.
2 Likes

Hey @xxmattattackxx

Our team is aware of the performance issues affecting the Playstation4 Pro systems and they’re looking into it. For now, some users suggested that installing the game into a SSD hard drive (external or internal) seems to greatly reduce the effects.
We understand this is a frustrating situation and we appreciate your patience while we’re looking into it. Thanks.