PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

@Yumi GLAD to hear that. I have done similar.

ok, i did not do that much with the lamps,
(i can see my workbench without torch) :wink:

But I think, reduce lights, slaves & animals and items really helps
… but I’m afraid because of the next dlc again, contain many new parts …

greetings

2 Likes

Ive been having problems fighting enimies in general now due to the lag. They will attack then keep sliding forward before teleporting all around and hitting me during combat.

Hi, i have huge Performance problems. I had made two Videos but can not post the link.

On local Player are not Lags, ONLY on Multiplayer
My Friend on the same Server have no problems.
I have Nat-typ 2 and 50Mbit/s
I play on private Europe Server

Have a nice Day
kater

The bandwidth of your internet connection is not the issue. Network latency is caused by package travel time and not bandwith limitations therefore you should check what your ping says. Do some ping tests to nearby servers. what does the ping in the server browser of conan say to your server?. Another thing is: Are you sure that all ports are forwarded correctly. I had this issue without expecting it because my router should have forwarded these but it didn’t. After i manually did this i had almost no lag anymore

@Ignasi I appreciate the welcome tag, but I hoped someone put attention to the lag. Since my last reply, linked, I’ve played on official PVE, PVP, and PVE-C servers. There is no great lag on PVE and PVP.

On PVE-C server(s), however, the initial rez time after login still takes several minutes. On #3827 I have thralls, fences, foundations, walls, doors, stations, torches, and no decorations. The foundations, fences, and walls show first. Then slowly the thralls show. Then minutes go by and doors and everything else appears. This is consistent (on other PVE-C servers too).

Nice. Very Nice

@Ignasi or anyone else for that matter; if you read this post please go to youtube and search my user name on there - RJDFJD, go to my videos and click on the video title Conan Exiles: 3827 PS4 Pro Gameplay.
This is what happens to me still! It is impossible to play the game with anyone except myself in an online server.

Server # 3827 is terrible. I have Been on that server forever and have never once been able to progress in the story of the game because it lags so bad. I tried port forwarding with a static ip address on the PS4, I have tried everything including phoning my ISP and them specifically telling me it is not my connection, it is something wrong with the game I am playing on.

The stamina bar lags so bad it doesn’t work correct, same with health bar. Animals and NPC’s are literally impossible to fight. They teleport and lag so badly you cant follow them properly. Not sure what else to do . Had the game on standard PS4 hard drive. Tried upgrading to external and made no difference.

1 Like

@Ignasi

PS4 Pro on Official server 3827. All day everyday the performance stays like this. Any ideas at all?

tried port forward and many many other things. Between yesterday and the day before, I have spent 17 hours in router settings trying to make this work. it just doesn’t no matter what. I am the only one out of my friends that has this problem and some of them play on a pro console as well.

On #3827: I noticed that kind of behavior with the NPC by the sentinels.

The whole server lags up to 15 min after I logged on. I switched over to pve and pvp servers, and I did not have any lag.

By the way, ps4 pro boost mode is not on by default: how to toggle boost mode

It sure is very odd. I had something weird happen the other day.

I went to my port forwarding on my router. I deleted every port that was on there. (6 + ports were listed) After that I switched to wifi instead of Ethernet without closing the conan application on the console. Just went to settings and set up new connection.

After I did that I loaded up 3827 again and somehow it was working great. The stamina bar didn’t lag. I could battle wolves and elk king without any issues at all. After a few minutes I switched to another game for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I went back to conan, logged into 3827 and there it was again… insane lag, impossible to pvp and nothing will render properly.

No idea what changed but something seriously is messed up. This is enough. I’ve tried to play this game properly for well over 6 months and it will not work. I’m tired of having my money and time wasted now by this game. I’m not switching servers just to restart everything and avoid lag. It isn’t necessary and if it is then I want my money back and I’ll move on.

Hey there,

This seems to be more of a network performance issue with server 3827 in particular. Is there a lot of players online when those issues happen? Also, are there a lot of player-made buildings and thralls?

#3827 is a busy server. It appears the more that are on the faster the server is at latency. In other words, more is better. I can usually catch about 20-30 people on it at the same time. I don’t know what you mean by a lot, but there are buildings and thralls along the exile river and desert rivers.

I have also been on 3827 since release. I’m running a regular ps4 with Conan installed on a 4TB external drive. It always takes me 15-20 minutes from login to get in the game. I have to wait for doors to render before I can escape my build. Admittedly, I have a decent size base (x2) but it pales in comparison to some others on the server.

One clan in particular has built everywhere I explore and are well on their way to blocking all obelisks. Perhaps they are just trying to prevent others from doing so but I doubt it, given they are also blocking the shattered springs and the black rhino ponds by Mitra. I suspect their sprawl is greatly affecting server performance.

I see by your video that you are up north. Running from the Mounds to Asagarth is a problem for me that I try to avoid. There are some monumental builds in that area that bluescreen me with regularity (my clan mate being one such build). Incidentally, my clan mate with the large base runs a PS4 Pro and doesn’t seem to have the problems I have with their build.

I have a small building just out of render range from my main base. I try to log out there to minimize loading times at startup.

I have found that loading times and lag change with patches and hotfixes but also with acquiring new, prolific neighbours. I have outlived many neighbours and notice improvements when a large neighbor abandons the server/game.

Also, in response to your question @Ignasi, yes there are hoards of thralls and pets on the server. I refrain from using excessive thralls as I have enough lag without them. While I was exploring last week I found about 20 abandoned pets that, to my surprise responded to my commands. These are from a clan mate that left the game months ago. I have slowly been dragging these pets to a boss for extermination but this location is a long way from my base and a royal pita to clean up. I wish we could eliminate our thrall/pets as easily as we destroy our building pieces. That wouldn’t help with people who abondon the server but would help with us conscientious few who are determined to take out our own garbage.

1 Like

Yes there are lots of thralls and pets that seem abandoned since I have been on #3827. I just strolled the rivers and found even more abandoned thralls and pets. It seems like there is no timeout on how long they will stay around after the player’s base is gone (or past the 168 hours).

This morning there were 2 players and it took over ten minutes for the initial rez, like doors, to complete.

I agree. Lots of thralls and massive, ridiculous buildings. The clan “MidnightProwler” is responsible for land claiming a huge portion of the north. They managed to wall off an entire section of land including the river and far more than that. Brutal.

I discovered tonight on #3827 that while the lag happens, the moon skips through the sky. When the lag (initial rez) is fully done, the moon returns to a smooth orbit.

I finally have a video of the lag during the initial rez. This one took 8 minutes to fully rez:

Server is #3827 America, map J4-K4.

2 Likes

I have experienced a lot of this in the past playing on official’s, some updates help ,some make it worse

Especially with big clans busy server or lots of builds on the map …stutters made it so bad I broke down and rented a ps4 server

Lag is better, but I haven’t got to deep in messing around yet …still trying to work within the limited admin controls and no abilities to mod

I use a regular ps4 with an external hard drive with a hard wire and a high speed connection
over the years of playing its really hit or miss …but officials are really brutal for raid combat and large npc areas like black hand ship

Still love the game but there really needs to be some serious ps4 development to catch up with the pc stability and customization

Almost everyone I’ve played with with a pro deleted the game and will never come back because of lag ,especially in combat , and lack of stability

2 Likes