PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

Hey guys, new member here. Just bought the game on PS4 as it was discounted in the January sale. Have only played for about an hour but I’ve already experienced a number of issues that are hampering my enjoyment of the game.

1. The first issue is a freeze/stutter that happens randomly but consistently during gameplay. It doesn’t seem to matter what I’m doing it just freezes/stutters for a split second and then gameplay continues. Very annoying.

2. The second issue has already been mentioned but when I die the game freezes for probably 5-10 seconds before respawning me in the desert.

3. The third issue is textures seem to drop resolution (stop loading? I don’t know) on the player model and potentially other models as well. I’ve had it happen twice so far where the textures on the player are super low resolution, like you can’t see muscles or any sort of detail anymore. Reloading the game seems to fix it for a time.

4. Last issue is server lag. I’m from Australia playing on the oceanic servers and even with only 8 people in the server it said my ping was close to 100. I generally get around 50ms ping on most other games, even 64 player servers on Battlefield V.

• All of these issues (except the ping issue) happens in both multiplayer PvP server and single player.
  • I’ve only just started the game so these issues are happening at the starting area in the desert.
  • I’m playing on PS4 Pro in 4K. Performance mode I think might still be enabled from when I had a 1080P TV. Might check this to see if it fixes anything.

Really keen to get stuck into the game but the issues I’ve experienced in my first hour are already troubling. Would be good if these issues get sorted out quickly. PSN don’t offer refunds once you start the game so I’m kinda stuck with it anyway but that’s beside the point.

1 Like