PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

I have my own ps4 server will do some checking there is a # along with the name perhaps in settings. Will be tonight though

Ok i’ll look into that to see if i can contact server admin or get the server number to report the the problems thanks for replying so quick.

U are welcome. Good luck

i’m just tired of slowly walking around so that the NPCs don’t gank me (animals and humans) due to being invisible. i play ARK and now FO76 and they too have some lag at times, but it is related to very very busy areas (lots of NPCs and/or structures). CE has lag ALL of the time when running fast into an area with mobs. FO76 has a very beautiful landscape even on the PS4, maybe CE needs to scale back on distance of vision and/or some of the quality of landscape to keep the mobs in view.

UPDATE:

menu lag, running rubberbanding, sound/animation lag, and reduced graphs quality. game on PS4 has taken a turn for the worse. please test it and fix it on the PS4 funcom!

3 Likes

Game mode: Pvp
Problem: Constant stutter, Freezes, falling to my death, can’t defend myself in pvp etc
Region: eu (Netherlands)

I started playing before the pet update and have had this issue since the beginning, small stutters.
It gradually got worse especially with the Halloween patch. We got raided and it just became one massive slideshow. As soon as I tried to lock on to a player the screen froze completely, it was still a slideshow when I didn’t.

Quit the game for a while hoping for improvements but it got much worse.
I fall to my death due to lag easily, even when being careful and the death lagspike is twice as long. Giving me no time to select a spawn point.

I ran around a bunch of official and unoffial servers and I don’t notice any difference between them. Empty or full it doesn’t matter much.

I own a old model stock ps4, have no problems running other games.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play the game
  2. Run around
  3. Freeze, stutter, die
  4. Quit and wait for fix
3 Likes

Right PvP can’t fight right too much lag hit someone they take no damage they hit you and kill you take all your stuff.

2 Likes

Same problems even exist on pve servers. After 5 months break my wife an me startet to play again. We got a lot of fun building our base on an official server, beeing disturbed by lot of freezes 

1 Like

i know your pain. I hit a guy with first to heavy’s of great start metal sword, no damage, then he pikes me from know where i am at 1/4 health.

i was out for 2 months, came back this weekend to try the pet system on the PS4.

what a mess, lag, menu lag, controler lag. it looks like graphics was turned down, not the so beautiful world it used to be and still lag death. my main is level 60 on official server 3509. we have 1 active user and sometimes 4 or 5 others online late at night. when i jump i hear my toon grunt 5-30 seconds after the action. i HEAR i am getting ganked by the mobs way before i see it (them). if a walk slowly i have a better chance but without mounts or fast travel walking slow is not an option

1 Like

I noticed that the world bosses in the jungle biome are using new moves. Good deal, but the croc will not hold aggro making it a freakishly bad fight. It just keeps randomly hitting and thrall/pets don’t help much as they barely attack the croc. They will only seem to attack if you are constantly hitting, which you can’t do because the croc opens up on you when you do. Your block is useless as it knocks you down and does 1/3 of your entire life pool in one hit. You have to sit on blocking for it to work, but the croc won’t stop attacking you because your pet/thrall won’t attack if you aren’t! Meaning you are stuck holding a shield to keep from getting 3 hit and its never taking damage. You are stuck blowing through pots to get nowhere fast. Now testlive is making bosses harder again? Could I at least get something that will attack if I am tanking or hold aggro? The demon spider, btw, goes well with the spider switching aggro appropriately and the thralls still attacking when not tanking. Why is the croc so messed up now? didn’t used to be like this.

Hey everybody,
Please keep the thread on track and do not post about other issues than those affecting performance! You can open a new thread discussing your issue, or if it is a suggestion we have its own particular subforum :slight_smile:
Thanks!

i am currently playing (have been for months really) Conan Exiles (took a break hoping issues would be resolved and also ran out of things to do), FallOut 76 (hit max level also and running out of things to do), and ARK. all 3 have their bugs and lag. CE seems to have the highest graphics setting but FO76 is very close IMO.

the lag and bugs in CE are the worst and has not been even close to addressed in the past 3-4 months to any result on PS4. does anyone at funcom know/have a plan to fix this massive issue? is it the hosting server issue (im on an official PVE) ??? too much graphics for the PS4? PC code that does not take advantage of console features? what is it??? can you fix it?

please disable corpse runs (item drop on official servers) until the issues is closer to a fix
set decay timers to 4 weeks so we can take a break and let you work, waiting for the next big fix. let us move to more populated servers and/or just flag our account as hit level 60, such as 60PVE, 60PVP, and 60PVECF. so we can have a choice on a new server to start at level 1 or 60
i guess my real point is we hear the funcoms issues, but give us a break to save us time and improve the fun for this game.

3 Likes

Y so upset brotherman not being a jerk just seriously intrested to see y ur so displeased with the game hell to me as a fan of survival games on a ps4 it’s one of the best

Hey everybody,

Please remember to keep this thread on topic. It’s intention is to gather feedback that our team can use to iron out performance problems, and any other discussion, suggestion or reporting of a different problem should be addressed in its appropriate subforum or topic.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/social-guidelines-read-me/62

So things I’m noticing is buildings I make are half gone when I log out and back in (few hours) it seems only the part in the water seemed to be affected on my house. I had the religious shrine full of stuff vanish. Boxes full of stuff and thralls gone. I still spawn 85% of the time in the desert when I die due to lag when you die you can’t select bed or roll even though I’ve selected one to be bound to. Why is it not automatically spawning at the bed if I can’t choose? Or better yet why not up the 3 seconds to choose to 10? My god I see months of people complaining about this and still nothing. What’s worse is when I come to my body 50 60% of the time its not there I think what’s happening at leadg some of the time is my dead body it standing up like it’s on the cross when I get close it falls down 10 game feet. So it it’s on the ground its going into the ground and I can’t get to it. That’s huge because im remaking everything on my body so much its a waste. Couple that with my house and stuff in it vanishing into thin air. When the game is about grinding and building up stuff and you lose it and start over come on guys that’s huge with this game its unplayable when every thing you work for is poof gone.

1 Like

I’m sure u know this but a work around for the missing body is go to the death marker on the map an just start picking the ground 9times outta ten that works also if possible I get my wife to follow me to the body if she sees it an I can’t she’ll pick the body now a big bag just appears ,hope that helps also can u describe better where on the map ur base is exactly how much it losing I know it sounds silly but the more detail we give the better the dev team can recreate it an I’m sorry for ur troubles it’ll get better there working on it have a great day brotherman

Also have u checked the decay timer on ur things when u lay them down if not it might surprise u

I don’t think Funcom can help you with that. You might want to ask other player’s on the server.

1 Like

Private servers are controlled by the admin :confused: Maybe G-portal if they are using that service. If it is a private PC, then the admin only can reset.

General Performance Bug Report:

System: PS4 Pro (bought summer 2018)
Mode: Single player
Buildings: one large castle larger than Solitude on Skyrim but way smaller than the castles in Dark Souls 3.
Thralls: not sure what constitutes a large number of thralls but what I have thus far doesn’t seem to affect performance.
Uploading: I can when I officially launch my channel.
Issues: framerate drops, slow texture pop-ins, non-functioning flight, motion blur despite being disabled.

Before I get to specifics I have tweaked the server settings & admin menu from left to right & back to default but nothing has changed anything that seems to be affecting performance. I also have done every troubleshooting option for ps4 except wiping the hdd clean. Thus either the changes aren’t sticking/activating or something under the hood may need a tune up.

My castle is in C13 perched on the ridge. There is this chasm/crevasse with giants that no matter how I tweak settings they spawn very rapidly to the point if I don’t regularly kill them all it greatly worsens the framerate drop as I get closer to them, it is almost as bad as Blight Town in Dark Souls on ps3. The giants spawn within each other too so that might be part of the issue, maybe not.

I have a bit of a theory that might fix performance in the north. From what I see on top of the giants there is a lot of fog, trees/foliage, rocks & wildlife. Which is nice but if it were capped at half the current amount for single player it would probably help. I tested some of this manually by clearing what I could in C13’s entirety aside from my castle & it helped. To combat the shortage of resources players can raise the harvest amount multiplier which functions currently.

Another thing that might help is to further prioritize the biome the player is in, it would probably be more enjoyable if traveling through a biome was smoother even it it meant briefly 5 frames per second when crossing the border between biomes. The benefit is at least the player can work around that easily, whereas right now frame drop is pretty hard to avoid.

These changes may or may not be a hit but if implimented I would suggest to make them able to be toggled & add in to the game a way to send feedback to optimize the gathering of data.

2 Likes