PS4 Post-Halloween Patch (07.11.2018)

Dear exiles,

We have patched the PS4 version of Conan Exiles and removed the Halloween content from the game. We know the Night of Lost Souls event hasn’t been everyone’s cup of tea and we’re taking several lessons away from the feedback we’ve gotten this past week.

If you haven’t been participating in the discussions on our forums or on social media, and would like to give us your opinion on the event, please fill out this quick survey with your feedback:

Conan Exiles Halloween Event Survey

Thank you to everyone for voicing your opinions and for offering tips on future events. We take it all to heart.

This patch contains a number of updates to the Event Log so it will log more information related to pets, thralls and items. We’ve also fixed several bugs related to player corpses.

Highlights:

• Event Log changes (see below for more details)
  • Halloween event has ended. The Potion of Lost Souls and any resources harvested during the event will remain in player inventory until consumed or decayed.
  • Fixed an issue where having several of buff/debuff icons on screen would cause a lot of lag

Patch Notes:

Event Log changes

• Dismantled placeables will now show up as intended in the Event Log
  • Items dropping from destroyed placeables will now be listed in the Event Log when they’ve decayed
  • Update to the “Days Passed” slider in the Event Log to be more inconsistent
  • Event log entries can now stack and be displayed in one row instead of multiple.
  • Database maintenance: Remove Event Log entries older than 3 weeks
  • Companion names should now be displayed properly in the Event Log when they are hungry, starving or returning home
  • Made companion cause of death more consistent in the Event Log (Please note: The Event Log does not support custom companion names):
    – Player and Clan name will be displayed when a follower is killed by another player
    – NPC name will be displayed when a follower is killed by an NPC
    – Starvation/fall damage/noxious damage will be displayed when a follower dies by these
  • The Event Log should now display item names as intended
  • Dragging an item from a Crafting Station and dropping it on a stack of said items in the inventory should now create an entry in the Event Log

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where traps could be returned to player inventory after exploding
  • Fixed a bug where corpses would disappear if a player died underwater.
  • Fixed an issue where an Avatar’s timer wouldn’t update correct on Dedicated Servers
  • Fixed a bug where accessing a vault would cause lag and hitching
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to loot XX_Unarmed items from Thralls
  • Fixed a bug where unconscious NPCs would disappear if they fall or slide away from a space where they were released from their bindings (like a cliff)
  • Fixed an issue where having several of buff/debuff icons on screen would cause a lot of lag
  • The Degenerate should no longer spawn two corpses when killed
  • Removed guards on letting following companions teleport to you. Pets should now follow you more reliably into your compounds
  • Fixed a bug where attempting to move a pet or thrall would have them turn invisible if the player moved too far away from their original placement.
  • Fix a visual bug causing the blood spatter background of certain Feat filter icons to disappear
  • Fixed a possible leak in SQLite DB handling due to missing ‘virtual’ keyword on ~QueryResultBase
  • Explosive Arrows should no longer do damage to buildings on PvE servers.

Environment Changes

• Removed the ability to reach a unplayable area in the Black Keep
  • Fixed a collision issues with the barriers in the Midnight Grove
  • Fixed an issue where the curse wall spline had many points that had inverted rotation, causing issues with not being able to build in random places. Also removed a duplicate of the curse wall spline that existed right on top of the original one.
  • Removed the ability to reach a unplayable area in Bin-Yakin’s Seal cave ceiling

Quality of Life Changes

• Added a “Clear” button to the Server Browser, to more easily remove entries in Server Name and Maximum Ping filters
  • The Crafting Station UI will now display the name of the crafting station instead of “Crafting Station”
  • It is now possible to rename your pets on consoles
  • Loot bags from decayed/destroyed buildings should now have ownership and can’t be looted. This was changed to fix a quick-loot bug, but we know that this also removes the option of scavenging on PvE servers and we’re discussing alternate solutions for a similar mechanic

Localization Changes

• Various localization fixes on DLC items
3 Likes

Loved the event! Praying for Santa to drop goodies in one spot on the map for Christmas… it will be a jolly fight to the death xD

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be up this very moment, I just picked up Aqu dlc, (why can’t we get some more clothes…or less clothes)…giggty, girl gotta have fashion during my murder and rampages!

Any word on keyboard support? (commands lines on consoles is rare…I dont expect that)
I’m hoping for keyboard support for chat.

I’m mute, so voice chat is never gonna work for me. =(

2 Likes

So if someone on my server stops playing I can’t go to there decayed base an dismantle crates or crafting table to pick up there old loot anymore?

You can still dismantle their stuff, but you won’t be able to loot the resulting loot bag

can’t loot a loot bag?
I,m just done with all the nerfing that goes on in this game

kids cry about something, you nerf
I don’t care what your mommy and daddy told you,
not everybody is a winner, you actually need learn to play better,
invest some time in learning about the game you are playing,
instead of crying to the devs that you can’t do something, so everyone should suffer

I am truly sorry if this upsets anybody’s delicate sensibilities
/

2 Likes

In this case, I seriously doubt it had anything to do with players complaining about it. It appears that some developer(s) just got it in their head that it wasn’t “consistent”, and if developers like anything, it’s uniformity and consistency in the world order. I can completely see where this has likely been on someone’s “to do” list for a while, and was finally implement as part of a change to something else (in this case, looting).

1 Like

Gotcha ya okay kool thanks fir the fast response not to beat a dead horse here Erik but any word on fixing the blue screen crashes on ps4…fingers crossed still

2 Likes

Whether that the case here or not,
it needed to be said, it’s rampant in this game.

There’s a way to make a constructive comment about a problem with out make ur self look like an crying child aswell

2 Likes

Survive Build Dominate!
LMFAO

The designers reviewed how similar objects worked on PvE servers (thralls, player corpses, etc) and concluded that the rule should be equivalent for bases too. We understand that this isn’t ideal for players who liked scavenging on PvE servers and we’re discussing ways of improving this

3 Likes

Well how about this,
I just logged in an went to harvest stone and my pick, axe or any tool goes right through the rock
this seems like a huge issue
my character also goes halfway through the rock

I understand this would be a longer term thing, but any thoughts kicking around to allowing players (on any rule variant) to actually choose to lock or unlock doors, chests and crafting stations, regardless of loot settings?

For example, if I was leaving a PvE server and wanted people to be able to get their hands on my “stuff” as a farewell gift, I could just “unlock” my base doors, crafting stations and chests and let them have at it. Likewise, on PvP servers, allow them to lock their crafting stations so if someone really wants my rare-ish T4 named thrall in there, they have to work for it. You get the idea.

More I think about it, no idea why it hasn’t been this way since forever ago.

1 Like

That sounds like a client-side lag / sync issue with the server, where the client and server can’t agree on where you actually “are” in the world. I’ve had that happen, and relogging solved the problem.

1 Like

I’ve never experienced this before,
i’ll try relogging thanks

Hey Eric my wife started up her ps4 while I was hooking up the one I just purchased RIP for the old one I am still downloading but she can’t get on our server or others she did have to wait on the Halloween fix first WeAre PS4 US Eastern

I would totally be down to plug in my keyboard to my ps4 to type on a server chat

Alright so after update i was playing normally till when i wanted to craft something. Either im unaware of changes to thralls or somethinf weird is happening. My thralls can only have 5 recipes for either flawless or exceptional. I cant scroll up or find any more recipes. And when you leave the table and come back the recipes arnt there anymore. I would try to upload images but i cant.

1 Like

Confirmed on PVE-C. I was however able to get all my Flawless Armor recipes back through a combination of removing the T4 thrall and putting him back in while playing with the sort function on the station inventory. It seems I have to do this each time I visit the station. I have not spent a lot of time verifying this though.

1 Like