PS4 Update 2.3 (19.04.2021) - Major Update! Balancing, Fixes, Stability, Performance, and more!

Thank you very much friend, a question, when do you think that the console players will have the island of siptah? I know you don’t work at funcom, I just want to know your opinion

Its still in early access, Once they announce its official release for PC, will sure to be sometime after.

Any guess at this point is pointless to hold onto beyond that.

2 Likes

Sure, but I have the doubt that if they release it with patch 2.4 we are going to spend 6 months waiting for it. I don’t know if they will release it without patch 2.4 or we will have to wait for that madness

I still don’t understand how I get there on the island​:joy::joy::joy:

I was hoping that 2.3 would fix this but I cannot make Conans royal armor anymore. Since the update, I can still make the atlantean sword on the blacksmith bench. I’ve restored my license but still nothing. What can I do?

Now there is only partial nudity or none at all … does someone else happen to it? Why did they change that?

And the glitter is another thing they should touch. Either it dazzles or it turns off too much, that’s not right either.

This huge patch has made my off line game no longer fun stamina go’s down faster when fighting world boss rhino never did before I made my charactor strong so i could play with confidence you people took that away from me not happy how could a patch affect an OFF-LINE game I’m not impressed at all about this you took the fun and the game I loved to play away from me the off-line game play’s like the on-line game to me angryguy0 sighning off

If you play without a line you can modify the stamina. You complain about nonsense with my respects

1 Like

they said it’s a bug.
will probably be fixed, maybe, in the next patch. perhaps.

1 Like

Putting the animation of the aloe potion and the bandages is the worst decision you have made, it is impossible to heal in the middle of a fight with 5 npcs attacking you … I have died 5 times … and I still cannot go to recover my first body. I ask you to remove the animation, having to heal myself with bandages or potions does not matter to me but the animation hinders A LOT. Thanks

1 Like

That was kind of the point, to make fighting 5 enemies harder than just endlessly chugging heals. By the way, you can drink an aloe potion when fighting 5 NPCs, you just can’t do it while standing in their midst.

Well, it still doesn’t seem like a good idea to me, because now entering New Asgard turns into something complicated or impossible … I’m sorry but I don’t like the change and surely more players who think like me will open. It is only to cancel the animation, as there is no food for eating, for potions I see it absurd and useless. (Forgive my English, I am Spanish and I translate by google)

1 Like

It’s not harder it’s almost impossible without a thrall, and even then can be challenging. The camps and areas were designed with chugging potions and instant healing in mind. Unless they went the extra step to reduce density in areas to create safe spots, and toned down agro and leash radius, it’s going to be more than just difficult and reduce the fun factor of the game since lag is quite bad, dying means loss of inventory since you won’t be able to recover it, and players will now be even more dependent on thralls to do any large camp content beyond the current necessity for bosses.

It’s kind of like building apartment buildings in a town with 1 lane roads, and being surprised when traffic suddenly becomes a problem when you add 5000 more people on the road without adequately planning for roads to be expanded in advance.

Whoever the city planner, i.e. content planner for the map is may need to consider reducing assets in game and increasing drop rates for removed assets to account for all the changes over the last year.

You can’t just make adjustments to characters without considering other factors. It doesn’t appear they’ve considered them at all.

3 Likes

One good change they made is that you start with a handcrafted potion recipe, but potions have an animation now, so it can be punished if used in the middle of combat. Again, this is one of the good changes, one that i suggested long ago, as a matter of fact. I also suggested the shield using up stamina to block and slower stam regen while blocking, i might have mentioned sprinting attacks at some point too. If they took my other suggestion into consideration, this game might finally end up being balanced for both pvp and pve. Suggestions like stagger resistance being either percentage based or a depletable resource both dependent on armor weight class or the mass of the creature. Suggestions like slower heavier weapons make enemies stagger more, so you have time to continue your combo uninterrupted, the only action available to player/NPC being staggered is to dodge in order to escape the combo. Suggestions like replacing the kick with a parry on two handed weapons that cannot block, since the kick is only useful when fighting against other players (stamina damage) and a parry would be more useful on NPCs that spam attacks with their infinite stamina.

Elephants suddenly became twice as hard to kill. I didn’t see it noted in the patchnotes/changelog.

Another thing, heavy now seems too heavy.

The truth is, your character feels like they are wearing heavy armor even when wearing light. They messed up big time. If you’ve never played Dark Souls, look up the term “fat roll”, this is what you have for a dodge in this game by default

1 Like

Give it time and you’ll adapt. I know most of us on PC did, back when they first introduced the healing changes.

1 Like

Most will be in caves ,from i what i have seen. Especially ones that go lower than the “sea level” of the map.

1 Like